Photo

About Nintendo/Namco-Bandai partnership for next Smash Bros...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:08 PM

We know since one month or so that Sakurai will be working with Namco-Bandai on the next Smash Bros. We know that the game was estimated to be released in 2015 before the announcement of this partnership since only a handful of developpers work for the Smash Bros series. But now that we know that a fairly (actually, a lot) bigger studio will be working on it, is it legit to expect:
  • A shorter development time (release as early as Q4 2013 - Q1 2014, basically around holidays 2013)?
  • A bigger game (more characters, stages, etc. than expected)?
  • Inclusion of Namco-Bandai characters (developers seemed to want a "Tales of" character inclusion)?
Oh and is DLC to be expected, and if yes, would it make the development time even shorter?

Discuss.
Posted Image

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

1. There proberly will be a shorter development time
2. but if they make a bigger game it will take longer (the normal time)
3. Although Sakurai said no, I'm thinking there might be one or two Namco Bandai characters in there.
Seeing as Wii U can handle DLC and this game will have a long lasting appeal, there will proberly be some DLC (characters, stages, character customisations).

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

tbh i dont know how they can improve on brawl, barring the online it was pretty much perfect in my eyes.
Although they will prove me wrong like nintendo did when I said that nothing will be better than galaxy and then they made galaxy 2
Posted Image

#4 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Better online, faster development time, more balanced characters, better graphics (Namco's had plenty of experience with HD consoles), and possibly more third party characters. I doubt there'll be more content for the dev time, though, unless the team is bigger because they partnered with Namco.

Also, I've gathered that, based on everything I've heard, they've finished building the engine and are working on stages and characters. They'll probably start working on the story mode early next year.

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

i totally agree

Signature_Fox.png

#6 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hopefully there are a lot more stages in this one because it can get morning having to go to the same places,also with more help the online will probably be a lot better.

#7 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Inclusion of Namco-Bandai characters (developers seemed to want a "Tales of" character inclusion)?

No, that's only a producer from the Tales of that's not part of the SSB4 teams. Oops, you're right.

http://ssb4news.blog...characters.html

Also, I still think it will release 2014-2015. Remember, development JUST started in 2012. Getting a game as big as SSB done in a year and a half is a little hard, if you ask me. If I had to guess: Q2 2014 in Japan, Q3/Q4 everywhere else

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 24 August 2012 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#8 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

We know since one month or so that Sakurai will be working with Namco-Bandai on the next Smash Bros. We know that the game was estimated to be released in 2015 before the announcement of this partnership since only a handful of developpers work for the Smash Bros series. But now that we know that a fairly (actually, a lot) bigger studio will be working on it, is it legit to expect:

• A shorter development time (release as early as Q4 2013 - Q1 2014, basically around holidays 2013)?
  • A bigger game (more characters, stages, etc. than expected)?
  • Inclusion of Namco-Bandai characters (developers seemed to want a "Tales of" character inclusion)?
Oh and is DLC to be expected, and if yes, would it make the development time even shorter?

Discuss.

1. Yea it will probably come out sooner. I'm thinking sometime in 2014. 2013 just seems too early too me.

2. Definitely bigger, he already said he doesn't want the character roster to blow up and that there wont be that many more characters. I'm guessing there are going to be a ton of more bonuses and extras, also a better story mode.

3. No idea :mellow:

DLC is definitely expected but I don't think that it will make the development time shorter. I think Iwata said that they don't want to cheat the players and plan the DLC while they make the game. That they want to make the complete game and later on think of DLC. Pretty much not cut stuff out and release it as DLC later. It was something like that
Posted Image

#9 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

yes since Sakurai said himself that the "main game system" is complete, i actually do expect holiday 2013, the team from namco is not only very big, but full of pros :) i don't expect many more characters though, he said its not a good idea to add too many more, because its hard to keep them unique and balanced. think of all the clones like ganondorf and captain falcon and fox and falco and stuff like that. he doesn't just want to make more.
Posted Image

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I am willing to bet that it will be early 2014. I am basing this off the fact that they are already working on characters, and have the games basic functions working. It still is awful far away though. Lol.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

No, that's only a producer from the Tales of that's not part of the SSB4 teams. Oops, you're right.

http://ssb4news.blog...characters.html

Also, I still think it will release 2014-2015. Remember, development JUST started in 2012. Getting a game as big as SSB done in a year and a half is a little hard, if you ask me. If I had to guess: Q2 2014 in Japan, Q3/Q4 everywhere else

Yeah 2013 was a kind of wishful thinking. Development time of SSBB took 3 years. If I do the math, Namco-Bandai team being at least three times as big (we'll say two times as I predict that a tiers of the studio will be working on the 3DS version), the development should be cut in two. Now add at least half a year to the 1.5 years because the game will be bigger. In conclusion, the game shouldn't be released later than Q2 2014, if I didn't miss anything.

Edited by Alianjaro, 24 August 2012 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image

#12 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yeah 2013 was a kind of wishful thinking. Development time of SSBB took 3 years. If I do the math, Namco-Bandai team being at least three times as big (we'll say two times as I predict that a tiers of the studio will be working on the 3DS version), the development should be cut in two. Now add at least half a year to the 1.5 years because the game will be bigger. In conclusion, the game shouldn't be released later than Q2 2014, if I didn't miss anything.

You know multiple companies worked on SSBB, right? The SSB4 crew should only be slightly larger than SSBB. Besides, they're two games.
Posted Image

#13 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Oh yea. I completely forgot about Smash Bros. on the 3DS
Posted Image

#14 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

I've been thinking Nintendo'll want to blow away the competition during that Christmas season with Zelda and Smash. And oh would it be beautiful.

#15 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

You know multiple companies worked on SSBB, right? The SSB4 crew should only be slightly larger than SSBB. Besides, they're two games.

What do you mean by multiple companies? Wasn't it only Sora Ltd?
Posted Image

#16 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

What do you mean by multiple companies? Wasn't it only Sora Ltd?

That, and some other company I forgot, plus a few minor companies. Yeah, I know I'm pretty vague, but I think the same number of people worked on SSBB and SSB4, or slighty less worked on SSBB. I mean, it make sense. One company can't make something as big as SSB.

I might be wrong, but I am inferring it.

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 24 August 2012 - 07:46 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Here's the News (My nintendo News is the best)

He talks about experience for 17 years. But as the years go higher, the games... sort of lose their quality (Should I be mistaken). I trust Masahiro will guide them, but doesn't this seem a bit weird?
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#18 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

I love how Nintendo has apparently been working on a relationship with Namco, even though it hasn't been much in the spotlight. Good on Nintendo for doing that.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#19 PaulKagebein

PaulKagebein

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Animal Crossing, GTA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

I love how Nintendo has apparently been working on a relationship with Namco, even though it hasn't been much in the spotlight. Good on Nintendo for doing that.

Absolutely. It is definitely coming into the spotlight though. They could stand to improve their relationships with other third parties as well, but they're definitely tight with Ubisoft and Warner Bros. They're improving with EA. Scoring some other big names like Valve and Rockstar/Irrational Games and Bethesda would be intelligent, and improving things with Square Enix a little more would make many gamers giddy. Then there's the ever-shady Capcom.

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

Here's the News (My nintendo News is the best)

He talks about experience for 17 years. But as the years go higher, the games... sort of lose their quality (Should I be mistaken). I trust Masahiro will guide them, but doesn't this seem a bit weird?

What games have low quality? im pretty sure harada can handle his own with sakurai lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!