• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

So it is rumored that Nintendo Land won't be packed in with the Wii U and here is my thought on what will happen if that rumor is true. So, pretend a gamer has bought the Wii U and has $120 to spend on games now so what games will he buy I think he will buy ZombiU and Mass Effect 3 or replace either of those games with New Super Mario Bros U or Black ops 2 or Madden NFL 13 or any other launch game because IMO Nintendo land is the least interesting launch title( not to say it looks like a bad game, but i'd just rather buy any one of the other games mentioned above before Nintendo Land). Then with in the next couple of weeks it will get a price drop to $15 or $20 and then people decide would I rather buy a downloadable game like Trine 2 or any other downloadable games or get Nintendo Land they will most likely decide a downloadable game. Then after one year of the Wii U it will be a $5 game at gamestop overlooked by all of the Wii U games.

So for the record I think Nintendo Land looks like a good game it's just that the Wii U is having such a good launch window that I would rather get so many other games that Nintendo Land is just going to be pushed to the back of the list

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

$5 game at GameStop, what GameStop are you shopping at, itl probably be 60 their and 29.99 everywhere else, although they will buy it from you for 4 or 5 $

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

$5 game at GameStop, what GameStop are you shopping at, itl probably be 60 their and 29.99 everywhere else, although they will buy it from you for 4 or 5 $

Thats like in the future like 1 or 2 years and used like i bought gears of war 1 and 2 fable 1 and 2 at that gamestop for like $25 they were used but were still fun

Edited by starraters, 25 August 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

So it is rumored that Nintendo Land won't be packed in with the Wii U and here is my thought on what will happen if that rumor is true. So, pretend a gamer has bought the Wii U and has $120 to spend on games now so what games will he buy I think he will buy ZombiU and Mass Effect 3 or replace either of those games with New Super Mario Bros U or Black ops 2 or Madden NFL 13 or any other launch game because IMO Nintendo land is the least interesting launch title( not to say it looks like a bad game, but i'd just rather buy any one of the other games mentioned above before Nintendo Land). Then with in the next couple of weeks it will get a price drop to $15 or $20 and then people decide would I rather buy a downloadable game like Trine 2 or any other downloadable games or get Nintendo Land they will most likely decide a downloadable game. Then after one year of the Wii U it will be a $5 game at gamestop overlooked by all of the Wii U games.

So for the record I think Nintendo Land looks like a good game it's just that the Wii U is having such a good launch window that I would rather get so many other games that Nintendo Land is just going to be pushed to the back of the list

Believe it or not, Nintendoland is fun. It should still be a pack in though.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yeah I honestly don't think it will see many sales unless it's packed in (then it doesn't really count lol)
Doesn't appeal much to gamers who prefer core titles. Doesn't look interesting enough for the casual players. And the super casual ones prob won't even buy a Wii U :P
Posted Image

#6 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

Believe it or not, Nintendoland is fun. It should still be a pack in though.

Yeah i thought it looked fun but i think i would rather buy zombiU or mass effect 3 if i had infinite money then i would buy all the games but sadly :( i dont

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yeah i thought it looked fun but i think i would rather buy zombiU or mass effect 3 if i had infinite money then i would buy all the games but sadly :( i dont

It should still be a pack in, but if it isn't I still recommend that everyone check it out. I had a good time with it.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

Is the same with me. Looks fun and good but I prefer play Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 or Black ops. Like you say, maybe one year later with a price drop or as a downloadble game in the eshop.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#9 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'm getting Nintendo Land even if it isn't a pack in :D

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#10 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Is the same with me. Looks fun and good but I prefer play Assassin's Creed 3, Mass Effect 3 or Black ops. Like you say, maybe one year later with a price drop or as a downloadble game in the eshop.

It'd probably be forgotten by then, though. A collection of minigames doesn't tend to stick. XD
Posted Image

#11 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

It'd probably be forgotten by then, though. A collection of minigames doesn't tend to stick. XD

what about like wario ware those games are awesome cant wait untill game and wario

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

what about like wario ware those games are awesome cant wait untill game and wario

True. It's a known series though. I just meant, if you never played it before and you wait a year or two, the chances of remembering about it are slim.
Posted Image

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

Don't buy Madden13 WiiU. It is a crap port of a crap game.

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

I might still buy it day one if it's not packed in. It's a first party title anyway! :P

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

the game will be bought.
plus we havent even seen morre than half the game yet.

Signature_Fox.png

#16 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

TO EVERYBODY,

I actually think the game looks pretty cool and fun its just I dont think it would sell very well because the casual gamers wouldn't recognize any of the franchises and the hardcore gamers would rather buy other launch titles. This game has a very niche audience and I think if they sell it at full price($60) i think people will say that game looks cool but id rather get these other games instead and it will be on there "games I'll buy later list" but then new games will come out and it will be pushed further and further down the list until they just completely forget about the game. So yeah

#17 iShuys

iShuys

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

I think it's great if you have a family can all play together. It also has online functionality (not multiplayer), so that will be interesting. I would consider getting that game, I am getting NSMB for myself but again it's great for 4 players aswell. So if I do intend to play with my family I will get Nintendo Land if not then I don't think it's worth it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!