#1 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Famed Rare employee Chris Seavor has confessed that a number of high-profile Rare employees would have stayed with the company had they not been bought out by Microsoft in 2002. Seavor says that Rare founders, Chris and Tim Stamper, would have stayed with the company, rather than pursuing other opportunities.

If Rare were still with Nintendo today, do you think the company would have still been the same as it was all those years ago?

“Pretty much. Tim and Chris would still be around, Mark B, Simon, loads of other people who subsequently left as well… Even me maybe :) A company isn’t defined by bricks and mortar. It’s a people thing, so yeah , bar a few tweaks it would have been pretty much the same, both the good and the bad.”
http://mynintendonew...-with-nintendo/

I wish Rare was still with Nintendo. *punches Microsoft across face*

Edited by nintendo3DS, 16 September 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Famed Rare employee Chris Seavor has confessed that a number of high-profile Rare employees would have stayed with the company had they not been bought out by Microsoft in 2002. Seavor says that Rare founders, Chris and Tim Stamper, would have stayed with the company, rather than pursuing other opportunities.

If Rare were still with Nintendo today, do you think the company would have still been the same as it was all those years ago?

“Pretty much. Tim and Chris would still be around, Mark B, Simon, loads of other people who subsequently left as well… Even me maybe :) A company isn’t defined by bricks and mortar. It’s a people thing, so yeah , bar a few tweaks it would have been pretty much the same, both the good and the bad.”
http://mynintendonew...-with-nintendo/

I wish Rare was still with Nintendo. *punches Microsoft across face*

This makes me more sad...
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Maybe that can just work for an internal Nintendo team and work on the DK iP
Posted Image

#4 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

I want rare back!!! FU microsoft

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#5 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

:(

#6 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

It's not all Microsoft's fault, guys. A little known secret is that in 2001 when Rare was seeking someone to buy them out, the first company they went to before anyone else was Nintendo. Nintendo turned down the offer as they thought Rare was charging too high a price, leading them to chase after a third party buyer instead. By 2002 it seemed like Activision was the most likely to take ownership of the company, until Microsoft stepped in out of a desire to attach some high profile developers to the newly launched Xbox while simultaneously denying Nintendo access to those same games.

So if you're looking for anyone to blame, you might want to shift your attention to Ninty first. MS did absolutely horribly in managing Rare after the buyout, but to say that they "stole" them from Nintendo is completely inaccurate. :huh:

Posted Image

#7 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Microsoft just posted this
http://playxbla.com/...demark-renewed/

#8 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

whoever's fault it was, Rare is beyond saving.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

whoever's fault it was, Rare is beyond saving.

I agree, I don't want Rare's current form on Nintendo. Now...what they should do...is try to get the old crew back together and make a new internal studio
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

I agree, I don't want Rare's current form on Nintendo. Now...what they should do...is try to get the old crew back together and make a new internal studio

I know, when you start to add cars into a Banjo Kazooie game you know its bad.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

I know, when you start to add cars into a Banjo Kazooie game you know its bad.

Rofl..."So....I'm figuring on a drunken night out you guys thought up this horrible idea right? " "actually...Steve's daughter thought it up as and we all voted in favor of brilliant " "....you made it up and your just ashamed aren't you.." "Yes....Yes I am..."
Posted Image

#12 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

It's the fault of both Nintendo and Microsoft. Nintendo was foolish enough not to buy out Rare, and Microsoft just ended up killing them.

#13 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

well in this case the employees should have voiced their opinion and made it heard, maybe this would have convinced the company to stay

wjapt2.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!