Photo

How long until nintendo reveal a new gamepad mini?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

I keep looking at the gamepad, and as much as i like it, i cant feeling that its very big, and theres lots of plastic compared to the screen size and stick positions. Whats ur thoughts.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

I can't feeling it's small.
I hope they make a bigger one.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Of course it's big, because the screen is also designed to be shared for mini games and such.
Have you not seen the videos, where the gamepad is shared between 2, and they're playing a game of checkers?
Nintendo have called it a 'personal second screen'. It's not supposed to be a portable iPad or something.

Also, this gamepad needs to appeal to all, whether it's a fat bloke with big hands, an old lady with not very good vision on the gamepad screen, or a child that wants to do some digital drawing on the screen.

Edited by x-SourApple-x, 08 October 2012 - 10:12 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Maybe in about 4 years time, yeah, could happen.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

i think it would make development too complicated, i don't see it happening. i've played the console, i have 0 complaints about the gamepad
Posted Image

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

i think it would make development too complicated, i don't see it happening. i've played the console, i have 0 complaints about the gamepad

Is it sexy to hold? :P

Anyway, making it smaller would be dumb.

#7 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

I tried it out and I don't feel like there's anything wrong with the size. (The weight while holding it in one hand and using a stylus is noticeable though, so with any games played like that I can see eventual fatigue... But that might be my weak girl wrists haha.)
I can't really see a new version just to look sleeker. A lot of that bulk is for ergonomics.
Posted Image

#8 Demon

Demon

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Everyone who has tried out the gamepad has said that it is the perfect size and weight, so i think it would be unneeded to make a smaller version.

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

This will never happen. Every one says It's comfortable and if they were going to do something like this, they might as well make the 3DS compatible as a controller
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Would the XL controler be the size or the original, original Xbox controller, because that might be too big.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#11 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Is it sexy to hold? :P

Anyway, making it smaller would be dumb.

absolutely :D fits soo comfortably, its really shocking how comfortable it is!!
Posted Image

#12 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I would probably say never, then again I hate small controllers I had a Gamecube Pro Mini 2 Controller once it was awful. I don't think it would be very cost effective either because when they start selling them separately (at a hefty price) one will be out selling the other because one would be obviously cheaper (I have no idea what I'm talking about but I wanted to say something anyway). It would make sense to have a smaller one for little children though.

Edited by Viral Light, 08 October 2012 - 01:16 PM.

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

The gamepad is the current size due to the need to accommodate a variety of hand sizes and fit comfortably for the most common.

It is large by design. the NFC, the button registers, the screen hardware, the wireless components, etc. do not have to take up that space. It is the size it is (even larger than the prototype) because it is what is the most comfortable to use.

It won't change any time soon.

but there may be aftermarket niche versions that could be smaller.

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

I doubt any changes to the gamepad will be made, probably minor things like exclusive themed game pads ( like a Mario themed one or something). The controllers screen is at perfect size. Making the controller smaller would just make it harder to play with.

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

absolutely :D fits soo comfortably, its really shocking how comfortable it is!!

Wow, that's awesome to hear man! ^_^

#16 thehappening

thehappening

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

WHY WOULD I TV INTERACT WITH A TINY SCREEN

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Looks like the size is right to me. I dont see a mini happening.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

Maybe its just because you've only seen photos of it, I thought that the 3DS was going to be massive before release.
Having a smaller screen would make it uncomfortable to play the games on the screen. TBH all I can see happening is crappy 3rd party gamepads that dont work, like a certain wii remote that I got which wouldn't pick up motion.
Posted Image

#19 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

The tech available im sure would make it possible to make a smaller pad with the same screen. It almost reminds me of my old atari lynx mk 1 ! Which a few yrs later was made smaller. ( the lynx was an old hand held console by atari which unfortunatly never took off) I love the gamepad but i hope nintendo dont gives us better smallerpad a year down the road.

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

The gamepad is already very light (roughly same weight as a normal controller), and i heard its very comfortable from a lot of sources. I dont see a need for it to be smaller.

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!