• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 XERO

XERO

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hi i'm new I just made this account to ask a question about the Wii U. I read the system is going to have 2GB of RAM 1GB for games and 1GB for system. I was wondering if it's going to be able to do Cross Game Chat, You see I currently have a PS3 and PS3's don't have that feature and yeah your probably going to say "well if you want that feature get an Xbox" the thing is I hate Microsoft I even own a Mac so Xbox is out of the question. If anyone knows if the Wii U is going to have this feature please let me know i'm thinking about selling my PS3 and getting the Wii U if it has the feature.

#2 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi i'm new I just made this account to ask a question about the Wii U. I read the system is going to have 2GB of RAM 1GB for games and 1GB for system. I was wondering if it's going to be able to do Cross Game Chat, You see I currently have a PS3 and PS3's don't have that feature and yeah your probably going to say "well if you want that feature get an Xbox" the thing is I hate Microsoft I even own a Mac so Xbox is out of the question. If anyone knows if the Wii U is going to have this feature please let me know i'm thinking about selling my PS3 and getting the Wii U if it has the feature.

Keep the PS3 until the information about that is released in my opinion, no point in pre-ordering unless you're really excited for the system. I have doubts about the online and voice chat to be honest, but that's just me.

#3 FireBoost06

FireBoost06

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

Honestly, I really hope this feature is included in the Wii U that's if Nintendo is really serious about online. I would wait for a Nintendo Direct showing the whole online interface of the Wii U before Pre-Ordering it in your case. By the way, How are you planning on getting a Wii U? I heard they are all currently sold out for Pre-Order...

#4 XERO

XERO

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Honestly, I really hope this feature is included in the Wii U that's if Nintendo is really serious about online. I would wait for a Nintendo Direct showing the whole online interface of the Wii U before Pre-Ordering it in your case. By the way, How are you planning on getting a Wii U? I heard they are all currently sold out for Pre-Order...

Well if I decide to get it ill just have to wait till it's available.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Never been big to me, if i chat its to my team that i am playing with in that game.
But there has been no word on if it will have it or not.

and 2x on not being a MS fan. I went throught 5 xbox360. they kept breaking down more then they ran. And MS does nothing about this.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

So far it looks like its gonna be exactly like the PS3 chat. I really hope they implement some "party chat" thing. I gotta say its probably one of the few reasons why I actually pay $60 a year for XBOX Live.

2lvmghw.png

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I think that the cross game chat is an overrated feature, but that's just me... I mean, it looks so useless to me.
Posted Image

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

No it's really useful IMO. For example, a few weeks ago my friend was playing his new Sniper Elite demo, and in the meanwhile I wanted to play RE6. So we did that, and were still able to talk. Really cool.
No sig.

#9 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

I mainly use skype for chatting to my friends when gaming.
I think it will have it though, because it is a system designed around communicating with people
Posted Image

#10 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:08 AM

No it's really useful IMO. For example, a few weeks ago my friend was playing his new Sniper Elite demo, and in the meanwhile I wanted to play RE6. So we did that, and were still able to talk. Really cool.

pick up the phone lol....
Im with the others as said. I find no use for it. The only people id be talking to is the people on my team.
xile06 "N" ID

#11 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

If you're a social player, it's quite useful. It keeps from having to use third-party programs on your computer as well as worrying about long distance with phones.

Just because you find no use for it doesn't mean others don't. I personally am delighted by this feature and I'm sure many other gamers are.

#12 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

I think talking to your friend while in the game lobby is not overrated at all... People think we want it to play different games but we just want it to keep talking, even after a game has ended and we are looking for another room.

Edited by Splint, 15 October 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#13 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

pick up the phone lol....
Im with the others as said. I find no use for it. The only people id be talking to is the people on my team.

I can´t phone and game at the same time (I'm no handsfree person, that's uncomfortable). Crossgame chat, whether you use it or not, is just a must for next generation consoles.
No sig.

#14 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't care if its cross game, although it would be nice. As long as there is in game chat I will be happy.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#15 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

Not sure how much I would use it but more features the better.

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I can´t phone and game at the same time (I'm no handsfree person, that's uncomfortable). Crossgame chat, whether you use it or not, is just a must for next generation consoles.

Bluetooth headset.
Spearker phone.
Hell google video chat.
xile06 "N" ID

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Bluetooth headset.
Spearker phone.
Hell google video chat.

Lol if that works for you. But the point is, why NOT include cross-game chat?
No sig.

#18 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well from the rumours coming out recently it looks like Cross Game chat may not be there at all, damn it.

#19 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

I just find cross-game chat a bonus. But it's really distracting when I want to play a single player game. The Wii U MIGHT have it. But Nintendo has been really quiet about Nintendo Network and it's features.

Posted Image

#20 Skaar

Skaar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

this is a necessary feature for a system releasing in 2012.
unless you want people disconnecting from your system just to live life.
especially in households like mine where you have 2 consoles and your spouse or child wants to tell you something.. you dont have to stop what you are doing or go up stairs just click a button and talk while you play your own individual games.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!