23 replies to this topic

#1 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

http://wiiublog.com/...h-of-the-wii-u/

I really hope this is speculation. Although I'm kind of luke warm on the Miiverse it would still piss me off. When I bought my 3DS at launch and there were features that Nintendo was tauting leading up to the launch that were missing out of the box it just showed that they rushed it out. That will be very frustrating if they did not learn their lesson from that.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#2 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

Why would Nintendo do this anyway? Didn't their Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct show ZombiU using Miiverse?

Posted Image

#3 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

i think it will be, but maybe with the time they will improve it and adding new features as always happens to these kind of things
Posted Image

#4 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

I really hope you guys are right. God love Nintendo, but I was really hoping that they were making strides towards being less disorganized on launch day....particularly where online is concerned.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

Miiverse will be there at launch, It's the soul of the machine. Soon as you turn the Wii U on, It's there.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

I'm pretty sure (might be wrong) that Nintendo confirmed Miiverse for launch previously.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

I think most of Miiverse will be at launch.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Miiverse will be there at launch, It's the soul of the machine. Soon as you turn the Wii U on, It's there.

No, it's not. You'd have to connect it to the internet first, then you'd have to create your personal Mii account, THEN Miiverse will appear when you turn on your Wii U. Posted Image

#9 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

No, it's not. You'd have to connect it to the internet first, then you'd have to create your personal Mii account, THEN Miiverse will appear when you turn on your Wii U. Posted Image

Smart troll is smart.

Posted Image

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

The xbox 360 dashboard appears when you don't have internet connectivity, whats your point?
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

It's based on what'shisface from neogaf, whose sources are Ubisoft employees.

Have third parties always gotten all of Nintendo's software prior to release?
The internet is taking this too seriously.
Nintendo said themselves all features would be there at launch at e3, and during the Nintendo Directs later.
Just because a third party company can't access something not due to be released for another month is no concern.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, this is fake. Miiverse will have to be out on launch day, it is the menu after all.

794144.png?13383682

#13 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

The xbox 360 dashboard appears when you don't have internet connectivity, whats your point?

The Miiverse is an online social network. The Xbox LIVE dashboard isn't. While it will appear at launch, you won't have access to it unless you connect to your router.

Posted Image

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

The Miiverse is an online social network. The Xbox LIVE dashboard isn't. While it will appear at launch, you won't have access to it unless you connect to your router.

I'm going to say none of us really know since Nintendo didn't tell us, but they did tell us the Miiverse screen is the 1st thing that comes up when the system boots. What I'm saying is that the dashboard on the 360 is limited without online ability..but its still there. The Miiverse will still be there, but you won't be able to log in and see your friends and all the other stuff. The Miiverse isn't just a "Social Network" It's something built into the console.
Posted Image

#15 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm going to say none of us really know since Nintendo didn't tell us, but they did tell us the Miiverse screen is the 1st thing that comes up when the system boots. What I'm saying is that the dashboard on the 360 is limited without online ability..but its still there. The Miiverse will still be there, but you won't be able to log in and see your friends and all the other stuff. The Miiverse isn't just a "Social Network" It's something built into the console.

Fair enough.

Posted Image

#16 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

So is there going to be the rumored nintendo direct tommorow or friday I have heard no news.
Posted Image

#17 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

So is there going to be the rumored nintendo direct tommorow or friday I have heard no news.

Nintendo is tight lipped. If they do something, it will be a surprise. :P

Posted Image

#18 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Reggie said at E3 during the press conference that it will not be available at launch.

#19 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Reggie said at E3 during the press conference that it will not be available at launch.

Link?

Posted Image

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

No, Reggie said the smartphone versions of MiiVerse would not be available at launch, as did Iwata at e3 2012.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!