#1 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Well guys I went to the video game store my buddy works at that gets games in early and fed ex droped off three basic wii u the owner ordered 10 whites and 10 blacks for each store but due to limited quanties was only shipped 3 white wii us I have pictures. I went there for nsmbu and zombie u but they did not get them in so I will just keep my amazon preorder for those. I did buy a black wii u motion plus though. T he bad news is the owner of the store told my friend to hide the 3 wii us and dont sell them hes going to sell them for a hire price online I thought that was really shady.

Awsome news just checked my email and was sent a traking number for my deluxe wii u.

Picture 033.jpg
Posted Image

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

There is nothing shady about it and its just shrewd business practice especially if its an independent store and not part of a chain. That's the only way they can compete against the big stores.

#3 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

Picture 034.jpg
Posted Image

#4 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Well, that IS pretty shady. And it sucks to hear that they didn't get sent all of the systems ordered. D: Doesn't make sense to ship multiple times so it sounds like they may only be getting those 3...
Posted Image

#5 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

Picture 035.jpg
Posted Image

#6 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Ew orange. Are those the standard colors for the write and protect or are they random? I figured they'd be black, white, or even that blue.
Posted Image

#7 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Ew orange. Are those the standard colors for the write and protect or are they random? I figured they'd be black, white, or even that blue.

Yeah the one color is like a orange pinkish color I basically bought it for the screen protectors.
Posted Image

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yeah the one color is like a orange pinkish color I basically bought it for the screen protectors.

Same so I guess I can't complain but jeeze. You'd think they would use the console's colors lol.
Posted Image

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

This is why I still wait in line even with a pre-order. Perfect example - 1999 for the Sega Dreamcast I waited out at what was then an EB Games, now gamestop. I was first to arrive and by the time they opened the doors well over 100 people were in line. They came out with bad news. Out of the 80 systems ordered only 40 arrived. First come first serve kicked in. Felt bad for all the others, but stuff like that happens
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

This is why I still wait in line even with a pre-order. Perfect example - 1999 for the Sega Dreamcast I waited out at what was then an EB Games, now gamestop. I was first to arrive and by the time they opened the doors well over 100 people were in line. They came out with bad news. Out of the 80 systems ordered only 40 arrived. First come first serve kicked in. Felt bad for all the others, but stuff like that happens

That's why I prefer pre-orders by far. I was first on the list for a Wii U at my EB Games, and even if I'm dead last in line when they open I'm garenteed to get one. I just called my store and the girl said they already got theirs and have quite a few, although I'm not sure how many pre-orders they have total but they do have a waiting list. Only sucky part is they aren't doing a midnight or early opening, so I gotta wait til noon >_<!

Edited by Spleenzorio, 16 November 2012 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Kinda bad there. They can get sued.
Im going to call mines tomorrow and see how many they have. All i know is i would be pissed if they dont have one for me when i was the only preson to pay theres off and i was second to preorder a deluxe.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Being the first to pre order has nothing to do with you getting one "guaranteed".

Just so you know.

#13 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Being the first to pre order has nothing to do with you getting one "guaranteed".

Just so you know.

Depends on where you go. EB Games does it based on when you pre-ordered to be fair, so if they only get 10 Deluxe Bundles then the first 10 people who pre-ordered get them.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#14 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Well called my gamestop and he said i am guaranteed to get one. They only have enough to cover preorders.

And he will be opening up at 10am 100% for sure unless we gets a lot of call ins then he will open up at 9am.
Said he will call me tommorrow before close. And yes i trust him he is the manager and knew me and we talk all the time.

So idk whats up with your gamestop but they will get in trouble and fired and probably sued.
xile06 "N" ID

#15 Triple Digit

Triple Digit

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

just went to my Gamestop. Manager told me they got A LOT of Wii U' s. Every preorder will be getting one plus a few from waiting list. He said that he will not put any on shelves as his first priorities are to pre orders and waiting list. Guess all those who ll come in hopes to get it without pre order or waiting list are out of luck...

#16 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

Well called my gamestop and he said i am guaranteed to get one. They only have enough to cover preorders.

And he will be opening up at 10am 100% for sure unless we gets a lot of call ins then he will open up at 9am.
Said he will call me tommorrow before close. And yes i trust him he is the manager and knew me and we talk all the time.

So idk whats up with your gamestop but they will get in trouble and fired and probably sued.

Its not a gamestop its a small private run video game store were my friend works the owner gets games and stuf early all the time and since were in a small town he will sell a day or 2 early he also had expendebles 2 on bluray already.
Posted Image

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Its not a gamestop its a small private run video game store were my friend works the owner gets games and stuf early all the time and since were in a small town he will sell a day or 2 early he also had expendebles 2 on bluray already.

Oh makes sense why he only got 3 then. And he will be out of busniess and sued for breaking street dates.
xile06 "N" ID

#18 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Oh makes sense why he only got 3 then. And he will be out of busniess and sued for breaking street dates.

lol no he wont there a people that break street dates all the time you mad bro.

The boss wasent even going to sell the wiiu in store he said he could get more for them online lol he ordered 10 of each black and white for each store but was only shipped 3 cause of low quantitites.

xile 6 if someone offered to sell you a hot game or system early im sure you would not turn it down.
Posted Image

#19 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

lol no he wont there a people that break street dates all the time you mad bro.

The boss wasent even going to sell the wiiu in store he said he could get more for them online lol he ordered 10 of each black and white for each store but was only shipped 3 cause of low quantitites.

xile 6 if someone offered to sell you a hot game or system early im sure you would not turn it down.

Put it like this i use to have an xbox 360 and never brought a game for it. Had halo 3wk ahead of time.

But The different is he has a business and that can put him out. Its just not smart to break the street dates when you have a business.
Amazon has been sued before for breaking street date and some companies have even pulled there stock from them.
xile06 "N" ID

#20 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Put it like this i use to have an xbox 360 and never brought a game for it. Had halo 3wk ahead of time.

But The different is he has a business and that can put him out. Its just not smart to break the street dates when you have a business.
Amazon has been sued before for breaking street date and some companies have even pulled there stock from them.

Yeah I understand what you are saying but were i live its a really small town not a lot going on lol and he only sells a day or 2 early its not like he gets his inventory weeks in advance.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!