#2 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

That's a bummer that you need an external to do gamesaves. Would I be able to use a flashdrive to store saves?

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

That's a bummer that you need an external to do gamesaves. Would I be able to use a flashdrive to store saves?

You do know that you can save games on the internal flash drive storage. As for external options a hard drive will work. As for an external flash drive it may well work but its not been confirmed to my knowledge.

#4 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

You do know that you can save games on the internal flash drive storage. As for external options a hard drive will work. As for an external flash drive it may well work but its not been confirmed to my knowledge.

I'm aware of that but seeing as my 8GB will be reduced to 4.2 GB due to the Wii U operating system and the account data, etc. I guess I jumped the gun because I had just went out and brought a 32 GB class 10 SD that I was intending to use to make up for the lack of space in the internal drive. It's kind of a set back now because I have to go out and buy an external just to be able to save my game data. Makes no sense as to why they would do this. My only conclusion would be to prevent hacked gamesaves.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

I'm aware of that but seeing as my 8GB will be reduced to 4.2 GB due to the Wii U operating system and the account data, etc. I guess I jumped the gun because I had just went out and brought a 32 GB class 10 SD that I was intending to use to make up for the lack of space in the internal drive. It's kind of a set back now because I have to go out and buy an external just to be able to save my game data. Makes no sense as to why they would do this. My only conclusion would be to prevent hacked gamesaves.

I know that feel, I bought a 32GB class 10.
...And another for my 3DS.

Did some kafoodeling with my external hard drives and cleared out the 500GB for my wii u though.
Was using it for torrenting, but using a smaller drive for that now.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I know that feel, I bought a 32GB class 10.
...And another for my 3DS.

Did some kafoodeling with my external hard drives and cleared out the 500GB for my wii u though.
Was using it for torrenting, but using a smaller drive for that now.

That site still functions for you? Seems like they're taking down all the download links.

Edited by PRP777, 17 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

That site still functions for you? Seems like they're taking down all the download links.

What site?

I don't remember referencing a website in my post.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Last I heard, you could use SD cards for save data and stuff, you just couldn't install full games onto them?
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#9 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

What site?

I don't remember referencing a website in my post.

Torrentz

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm getting me a 500GB Hard Drive at some point, my 32 or 28 gigs will be enough (for now) as for voice chat in games it doesn't really bother me too much at all, I've never really used it with other consoles, plus this voice chat problem theoreticaly could be solved in an update.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 17 November 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#11 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:24 PM

My wii u headset is frik'n wireless so thats not a problem for me

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#12 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

My wii u headset is frik'n wireless so thats not a problem for me

That's honestly what I was thinking, it's 2012 - why is a "missing headphone jack" even being considered a problem? I've been using a wireless ear piece for like 5 years.
PDP already stated their wireless headset works on the Wii U. Forget plugging in guys.. just go wireless and forget about it.

PDP's Afterglow universal wireless headset:
http://www.amazon.co...0/dp/B009CL6LA6
  • Universal compatibility on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Wii, PC, and mobile devices