#1 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hey guys...How's that...em...how's the Wii U? Haha...can't wait...to get mine...on Christmas. So I bet all of you are having a great amount of fun with your Wii U. So tell me, is it the Wii U we have all been hoping for? I sure hope it is, and I'm willing to bet that it is. So, am I the only one waiting until Christmas to get my hands on it? I sure hope I'm not alone on this one haha. So what games have you guys been playing on it so far? How are they? I would LOVE to know. Just, of course, no spoilers. Can't wait to get it...on Christmas.
Posted Image

#2 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

i carnt beliv nintondeo did it to me, dey ideots mibtengo land sux, i fthrew my gaemped at d scrin and it breok i sueing them rite noaow.

#3 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Why are people moaning that they have to wait until Christmas? You're God damn lucky to have such an expensive item bought for you. I don't think kids today appreciate the true value of money.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

You are not alone, I am also getting it at Christmas. But on the plus side, I get it for free :P

Edited by stephen, 18 November 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

You are not alone, I am also getting it at Christmas. But on the plus side, I get it for free :P

Good attitude!
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#6 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Why are people moaning that they have to wait until Christmas? You're God damn lucky to have such an expensive item bought for you. I don't think kids today appreciate the true value of money.

Well lots of people (including myself) bought the wiiu with my money but can't actually open it till christmas lol.(That being said I haven't bought my wiiu yet.)

#7 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'm not complaining, I'm just excited haha. :)

Well lots of people (including myself) bought the wiiu with my money but can't actually open it till christmas lol.(That being said I haven't bought my wiiu yet.)

So we all bought it with your money? XD
Posted Image

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

I'm not complaining, I'm just excited haha. :)

So we all bought it with your money? XD

Yep I decided to buy everyone on the internet a wiiu with my money lol. .sorry about the typo.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

I wouldn't know I don't get mine till the 30th as I'm in the UK, I'm just waiting for news on the specs.

#10 Dizzo1992

Dizzo1992

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Im getting mine for Christmas picked it up today but had to pay for half of it better than not getting one :)

Edited by Dizzo1992, 18 November 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#11 Triple Digit

Triple Digit

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I am really enjoying it :) Everything works like a clock. Not worrying about specs cuz whats in front of me is so much better than xbox or ps3. The setup was fastest yet. My family is taking pics with it to post on Facebook like its theirs :)

#12 person1

person1

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Its fantastic. Everything about it is wonderful, and the system itself looks beautiful, the controller feels perfect.

#13 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

I wouldn't know I don't get mine till the 30th as I'm in the UK, I'm just waiting for news on the specs.

the 30th still seems like a LOOOOONG way off doesn't it? lol, and i too am waiting for someone to post the specs, especially after reading some of the worrying things being posted around the place (not as powerful as we all thought, or as fast etc). After playing Borderlands 2 on my 360 and watching the god awful texture fade / pop in during the game, i pre-ordered a wii U coz i hoped it would be noticably more powerful than 360 and ps3 so wouldn't have to put up with that sort of thing in me wii U games, and also for Zombie U (which is not getting terribly good reviews so far from what i've seen), i hope this isn't going to be a mistake? I'm still excited about getting the U, but all the negatives i've started seeing are taking the shine off it somewhat, i NEED to see true specs for the U, just to put my mind at ease.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#14 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Mario's and nano assault have been fantastic do far. Longest initial setup I've seen on any system . Overall very solid but disappointed zombieu is getting such bad scores

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Well mines is really a later b-day gift that me and my girl got for me lol.
But yea the system is cool and everything flows pretty well. I am just hating these damn updates. Every game i put in has to update. Then the system menu is kinda slow but it seems like its just about the same as the 3ds.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

I know a lot of people on this thread said they bought it for Christmas for themselves, and have to wait to play it. I STRONGLY suggest you open it, and test it out. There have been issues with some peoples, and I would hate for you to be disappointed on Christams day, or your children because of a defective product, that way if it is, you have time to replace it. I will post what happend to me below, I posted it in another thread, but, I want as many people to see it, so they do not run into the same issues.

I picked mine up today. Very frustrated, and I beleive Nintendo has lost a customer of 30+ years today. Hooked everything up, press the power button on and nothing, the power light just blinks blue constantly. I looked in the manual for troubleshooting ideas, and nothing was there to cover my issue. They had a section on blinking red light, I thought I would try that, and it did not work. I decided to call Nintendo and they were no help either, I told the rep my issue, that my system would not cut on, and all she would say is, did you do the update yet? LOL Really, I said, how can I do an update when I told you my system will not even turn on. She had no clue. She informed me my only option was to ship my system back to them at my expense and they would repair it in 5-7 business days. I asked her how is that fair to the customer to incur extra expenses on a system that is brand new, and should work. Why would I pay for a new system, and receive back a repaired/refurbished unit. I said I would consider this if they refunded me $50 to $100 of my purchase price, or give me 2 games of my choice at no expense. She said they could do none of that.

I then hung up the phone with her and called Gamestop to see if they had any other extra systems and was infomred they only received thier pre orders and no more, and not time table for any future shipments. I then proceeded to call all the other merchants in my area to see if they had any in stock, and naturally, they did not. I then proceeded to call Nintendo again, hoping to have a better experience, and get some type of resolution. I was offered the same thing, after further discussion, I thought I had finally recieved satisfaction when she told me they would ship me a new system and to please hold on while she set everything up. I was on hold another 10-15 minutes for her to finally tell me at the end that I would have to pay for shipping the replacement unit to me, and I would have to purchase the new system from them also, pay to ship my defective unit back, and then when they receive my WIi U back, they would credit my card back. Once again, more hassle and inconvience to me. I advised the rep that this is not a fair option, and having me to pay any additional costs out of my pocket is unrealistic, especially around the holidays when I can't have an extra $360 tied up.

She stated she understood and would get me to a manager who had more power than her, and further options. I spoke to him and was given the same options, nothing new. All I asked them to do is to please ship a new Wii U to the store I purchased it from, and then I could just exchange them. He told me they are not able to do this. I then proceeded to tell him that I know he is only doing what Nintendo allows them to do, but, I would be sure to go on facebook, twitter, and every other social platform I could find and let others know of my experience, and how little Nintendo values their customers. I wasted hours of my day, and have 4 disappointed children who was looking forward to playing the new system, and me also. LOL

I have owned every system Nintendo has ever made, for the OG NES to all the handhelds. I also advised the rep to pass on to upper management that Nintendo is not too big to fail, in fact, companies go under all the time, and in these touch economical times, they need to do everything they can to keep their customers happy, and purchasing their products. Sorry for my rant, but, I just find this unacceptable. To all those that have purchased theirs, I hope that you have a better experience than I have.

Edited by HotInEER, 18 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#17 Water Max

Water Max

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I will also be getting a Wii U for Christmas. I don't know if mine will be bought on the release date or not because my parents will be buying it for me without me being with them.

Edited by Water Max, 18 November 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I know a lot of people on this thread said they bought it for Christmas for themselves, and have to wait to play it. I STRONGLY suggest you open it, and test it out. There have been issues with some peoples, and I would have for you to be disappointed on Christams day, or your children because of a defective product, that way if it is, you have time to replace it. I will post what happend to me below, I posted it in another thread, but, I want as many people to see it, so they do not run into the same issues.

I picked mine up today. Very frustrated, and I beleive Nintendo has lost a customer of 30+ years today. Hooked everything up, press the power button on and nothing, the power light just blinks blue constantly. I looked in the manual for troubleshooting ideas, and nothing was there to cover my issue. They had a section on blinking red light, I thought I would try that, and it did not work. I decided to call Nintendo and they were no help either, I told the rep my issue, that my system would not cut on, and all she would say is, did you do the update yet? LOL Really, I said, how can I do an update when I told you my system will not even turn on. She had no clue. She informed me my only option was to ship my system back to them at my expense and they would repair it in 5-7 business days. I asked her how is that fair to the customer to incur extra expenses on a system that is brand new, and should work. Why would I pay for a new system, and receive back a repaired/refurbished unit. I said I would consider this if they refunded me $50 to $100 of my purchase price, or give me 2 games of my choice at no expense. She said they could do none of that.

I then hung up the phone with her and called Gamestop to see if they had any other extra systems and was infomred they only received thier pre orders and no more, and not time table for any future shipments. I then proceeded to call all the other merchants in my area to see if they had any in stock, and naturally, they did not. I then proceeded to call Nintendo again, hoping to have a better experience, and get some type of resolution. I was offered the same thing, after further discussion, I thought I had finally recieved satisfaction when she told me they would ship me a new system and to please hold on while she set everything up. I was on hold another 10-15 minutes for her to finally tell me at the end that I would have to pay for shipping the replacement unit to me, and I would have to purchase the new system from them also, pay to ship my defective unit back, and then when they receive my WIi U back, they would credit my card back. Once again, more hassle and inconvience to me. I advised the rep that this is not a fair option, and having me to pay any additional costs out of my pocket is unrealistic, especially around the holidays when I can't have an extra $360 tied up.

She stated she understood and would get me to a manager who had more power than her, and further options. I spoke to him and was given the same options, nothing new. All I asked them to do is to please ship a new Wii U to the store I purchased it from, and then I could just exchange them. He told me they are not able to do this. I then proceeded to tell him that I know he is only doing what Nintendo allows them to do, but, I would be sure to go on facebook, twitter, and every other social platform I could find and let others know of my experience, and how little Nintendo values their customers. I wasted hours of my day, and have 4 disappointed children who was looking forward to playing the new system, and me also. LOL

I have owned every system Nintendo has ever made, for the OG NES to all the handhelds. I also advised the rep to pass on to upper management that Nintendo is not too big to fail, in fact, companies go under all the time, and in these touch economical times, they need to do everything they can to keep their customers happy, and purchasing their products. Sorry for my rant, but, I just find this unacceptable. To all those that have purchased theirs, I hope that you have a better experience than I have.

I'm sorry...but all I'm seeing out of all of your posts are trolls. You posted the same exact message on different threads. If what you are saying is true, than I am sorry about that. But I'm finding it hard to believe that Nintendo wouldn't test their consoles before they put them up in stores. ESPECIALLY upon release date. Once again, I'm sorry if this really happened, but all I'm seeing is, "Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll." Sorry if this seems like I'm being disrespectful, but this post looks a bit nonsensical.
Posted Image

#19 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm sorry...but all I'm seeing out of all of your posts are trolls. You posted the same exact message on different threads. If what you are saying is true, than I am sorry about that. But I'm finding it hard to believe that Nintendo wouldn't test their consoles before they put them up in stores. ESPECIALLY upon release date. Once again, I'm sorry if this really happened, but all I'm seeing is, "Troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll troll." Sorry if this seems like I'm being disrespectful, but this post looks a bit nonsensical.

Yes, I posted it on several different threads because it related to the topic being discussed. I'm sorry if my issues bother you. If you read on this forum, and well on the net, you will see more and more people are having their systems bricked straight out of the box. How does that make me a troll? I guess that makes you a blind fanboy for thinking that a company will not have any issues with something new. Also, do you think Nintendo tests millions of consoles before sending them out, no, they don't, and that is impossible. However i'm sure they have a quality control department that tests randoms systems from batches.

#20 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'm getting mine for Christmas but will be picking it up on 30th. When I get it, I'll be setting it up & getting all the updates, then my wife is taking all my games & remotes away from me to her mums until Christmas, with the Wii U set up with all the cables tidied away etc

It's going to be torture having it sit in front of me for that long :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!