• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Do any of you girls and guys have any launch horror stories to tell?
My current problem is that my Gamepad wont sync with my WiiU.

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

My day 1 update is taking 6 hours and is only two-thirds done. And I have fairly fast internet.

#3 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

this is strange, nintendo never had all that overwhelming number of issues at launch, i though that king of things belongs more to the pc or xbox, the consoles are just to sit down relax and play, im getting scared now lol :(
Posted Image

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

There are some real horrer stories on the internet, my opinion; this launch is not going well.

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

There are some real horrer stories on the internet, my opinion; this launch is not going well.

Like what ?

#6 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Like what ?

If you read around you would find out, instead of asking silly questions.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Like what ?

Look around these forums, there are new things happening every 10 20 mins, Nintendo may very well have screwed this up.

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

My day 1 update is taking 6 hours and is only two-thirds done. And I have fairly fast internet.

It's possible that the problem is due to the sheer number of people downloading it.

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

all is good over here.
You do know on the snyc you have to tap the icon in order.
Also i believe in the book it says you can do something if it doesnt sync.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

I know of a Wii U that makes an annoying loud buzzing noise.

Posted Image

#11 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

Miiverse won't connect because of some system error.

Error code 121 - 1500

Guess I'll try again later.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#12 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:56 PM

does nintendo update there websit if theres troubles wit hthe internent like playstation does.
Posted Image

#13 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 PM

all is good over here.
You do know on the snyc you have to tap the icon in order.
Also i believe in the book it says you can do something if it doesnt sync.

Posted Image

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#14 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Posted Image

My sentiments exactly, sourapple lol
I already know I have to do the symbols in order.
And there's no other way to sync the controller acccoring to the manual (Page 24) and the Quick Start Guide.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

This is really kinda annoying me, how long do you think it will take for Nintendo to acknowlage this?

#16 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I'm glad that you made this thread, purin172003. I was thinking of making this thread later down the line to see if the Wii U defect ratio is any higher than the 3DS or similar to the Wii with its GPU.

Hopefully the defect ratio is very low, so when I finally dive into on in the next year or so, I will get a good catch. :)

#17 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

I am so mad at Nintendo right now.
Maybe they should have waited a few weeks to iron out the bugs.
And concerning my problem: they really should have used some kind of wire to 1st connect a gamepad (example: ps3 controllers)

#18 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

I am so mad at Nintendo right now.
Maybe they should have waited a few weeks to iron out the bugs.
And concerning my problem: they really should have used some kind of wire to 1st connect a gamepad (example: ps3 controllers)

I did wonder about this. You would've thought they would have learned, and been able to charge through USB from the console. It makes more sense that way.

#19 HotInEER

HotInEER

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Walking Dead

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I posted my horror story in a few other threads, but, thought I would post my experience here also since it relates to this thread.

I picked mine up today. Very frustrated, and I beleive Nintendo has lost a customer of 30+ years today. Hooked everything up, press the power button on and nothing, the power light just blinks blue constantly. I looked in the manual for troubleshooting ideas, and nothing was there to cover my issue. They had a section on blinking red light, I thought I would try that, and it did not work. I decided to call Nintendo and they were no help either, I told the rep my issue, that my system would not cut on, and all she would say is, did you do the update yet? LOL Really, I said, how can I do an update when I told you my system will not even turn on. She had no clue. She informed me my only option was to ship my system back to them at my expense and they would repair it in 5-7 business days. I asked her how is that fair to the customer to incur extra expenses on a system that is brand new, and should work. Why would I pay for a new system, and receive back a repaired/refurbished unit. I said I would consider this if they refunded me $50 to $100 of my purchase price, or give me 2 games of my choice at no expense. She said they could do none of that.

I then hung up the phone with her and called Gamestop to see if they had any other extra systems and was infomred they only received thier pre orders and no more, and not time table for any future shipments. I then proceeded to call all the other merchants in my area to see if they had any in stock, and naturally, they did not. I then proceeded to call Nintendo again, hoping to have a better experience, and get some type of resolution. I was offered the same thing, after further discussion, I thought I had finally recieved satisfaction when she told me they would ship me a new system and to please hold on while she set everything up. I was on hold another 10-15 minutes for her to finally tell me at the end that I would have to pay for shipping the replacement unit to me, and I would have to purchase the new system from them also, pay to ship my defective unit back, and then when they receive my WIi U back, they would credit my card back. Once again, more hassle and inconvience to me. I advised the rep that this is not a fair option, and having me to pay any additional costs out of my pocket is unrealistic, especially around the holidays when I can't have an extra $360 tied up.

She stated she understood and would get me to a manager who had more power than her, and further options. I spoke to him and was given the same options, nothing new. All I asked them to do is to please ship a new Wii U to the store I purchased it from, and then I could just exchange them. He told me they are not able to do this. I then proceeded to tell him that I know he is only doing what Nintendo allows them to do, but, I would be sure to go on facebook, twitter, and every other social platform I could find and let others know of my experience, and how little Nintendo values their customers. I wasted hours of my day, and have 4 disappointed children who was looking forward to playing the new system, and me also. LOL

I have owned every system Nintendo has ever made, for the OG NES to all the handhelds. I also advised the rep to pass on to upper management that Nintendo is not too big to fail, in fact, companies go under all the time, and in these touch economical times, they need to do everything they can to keep their customers happy, and purchasing their products. Sorry for my rant, but, I just find this unacceptable. To all those that have purchased theirs, I hope that you have a better experience than I have.

#20 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

If you read around you would find out, instead of asking silly questions.

Oooo nice nasty post :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!