• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:54 PM

I have 3 questions I wish I could get some definite answers for please if anyone can help

1) I was wondering since I still have not had a chance to open up my Wii yet (will finally get to it today, unless the wife has another trick up her sleeve) how many ID's are you all trying to register? Reason why I asked is I have 2 Gamertags and 1 PSN ID and I was wondering if most of you all have multiple ID's on other platforms are you trying to register all of them for yourself or just have one main ID for now. I would like to at least keep my 2 Gamertags uniformed with my Nintendo ID but again I have not had a chance to open it and I did not know how that works out.

2) How is the online multiplayer aspect of the Wii U? I would like to get games like Mario plus also Madden and Fifa since I do a lot of multiplayer gaming. How is the Wii U as far as MP is concern, does it runs smooth, does it lag, getting a lobby or whatever it has, etc. No need to go into detail like that but I have not bought a game yet and I just wanted to get a MP game but if not I would settle with Mario for now.

3) This is the one I really am concerned about. I was going to get an external HDD tomorrow, but I keep hearing you need to get an AC powered one and I just wanted to know how true is that. Not a problem but did not want to get a USB one and it does not work.

I hate to ask all of these questions but I am trying to get everything together before I start really buying games and stuff.

Thank you all.

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm registering one ID

I'm hearing really good things about the online, especially with Black Ops 2

You don't need a powered HDD, but Nintendo recomends it because it can really help to extend the life of the Wii U, the HDD needs 5 Volts of power it's best to get this from an ac adaptor, if you get the Volts through the Wii U itself it won't last as long.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 21 November 2012 - 01:23 PM.

#3 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

1. 1
2. I'm not sure, but people's comments over Miiverse don't seem to lag at all
3. I have absolutely no idea

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

I got 3 account with 2 of them being online.
I have not played an online game yet. I have Ac3 which is online, and zombiu which is just leader-board.

On the hd i believe more will work. The wallout thing is just to make sure enough power and amps are going to the drive.
You can always buy a y cable that lets you hook it up 2 usb ports.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm registering one ID

I'm hearing really good things about the online, especially with Black Ops 2

You don't need a powered HDD, but Nintendo recomends it because it can really help to extend the life of the Wii U, the HDD needs 5 Volts of power it's best to get this from an ac adaptor, if you get the Volts through the Wii U itself it won't last as long.

O.o

I'll be registering two. Hopefully someone who hates me hasn't done so already. :'(

Mario doesn't have online.
Madden and fifa use origin probably

usb powered drives should be fine, there's no need to get the ugly bulky lame annoying plug-powered ones.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

O.o

I'll be registering two. Hopefully someone who hates me hasn't done so already. :'(

Mario doesn't have online.
Madden and fifa use origin probably

usb powered drives should be fine, there's no need to get the ugly bulky lame annoying plug-powered ones.

Just putting what I heard, sorry if it's wrong dude.

#7 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

1) I was wondering since I still have not had a chance to open up my Wii yet (will finally get to it today, unless the wife has another trick up her sleeve) how many ID's are you all trying to register?

I have one XBL name, 2 PSN names (one for personal, one for this place, personal was one made long before I had a defined name and wanted a defined name so it's easier for members on different forums to quickly realize who I am) and one Wii U name. I will only make one Wii U name unless, at any time, I want to separate personal friends from forum friends. I don't think I'll need to though.

That being said, unless you have an issue with any type of friend, one ID is a good idea. Like I said, a clear identity helps.

2) How is the online multiplayer aspect of the Wii U?

Mario doesn't have online. Only concerns for online playing is lack of people to play with. Even with CoD, things is quite the issue unless you have specific friends to play with. Otherwise, from what I know, service has been great.

3) This is the one I really am concerned about. I was going to get an external HDD tomorrow, but I keep hearing you need to get an AC powered one and I just wanted to know how true is that. Not a problem but did not want to get a USB one and it does not work.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/external_usb_devices.jsp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!