• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

Given what we are hearing about a slow cpu i wanted to make a comparison here : The Super Nintendo had what some called at the time..a slow cpu. Yet it became a top selling machine. And it was capable of many neat tricks. Loads of top games. Do u think Wii u can emulate that success?....

#2 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

B..But the Sega Genesis had BLAST PROCESSING!
Granted, the SNES could display more simultaneous colors than the Genesis, and had overall much better sound, but I digress.

We'll just have to find out when Microsoft and Sony's next machines come out.

Edited by Tom, 22 November 2012 - 04:01 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#3 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Yes its more competitive now , granted , but at the time we were kind of hearing similar things : The Genesis is faster!

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:06 AM

Times have changed a lot since then my friend, back then people could realise what a good game was, nowadays people ar sheep and they flock to the system with "DA BETTTerRR GWAPHIKS" it sucks I know, we'll just have to wait and see I'm affraid.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 22 November 2012 - 04:06 AM.

#5 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Yes we have to wait and see...

#6 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

Times have changed a lot since then my friend, back then people could realise what a good game was, nowadays people ar sheep and they flock to the system with "DA BETTTerRR GWAPHIKS" it sucks I know, we'll just have to wait and see I'm affraid.

Or worse....

"NINTENTURD IZ FUR KIDZ! 360 IZ FUR HARDCOR GAMERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!"

Posted Image

#7 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:51 AM

Or.. better hardware can support bigger and better games because they are not held back by hardware limitations which is the main reason why the Wii wasn't as successful to the typical gamer? Just saying, with all the feedback that everyone is giving I am now expecting another Wii situation, I always hoped I would be wrong about it, but it seems inevitable.

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

The Genesis vs SNES days are long gone - and I miss them...either you were Nintendo or Sega...or some weird guy at the time playing with his Turbo Grafx 16 lol (great console btw). But one reason I loved the 16 bit era..was how fun most the games were..they didn't have raw power on their mind and making the most realistic looking game wasn't a topic. Now with 3 major players in the console market and people clambering for more and more realism...it seems innovation always takes a back seat. However...I believe the Wii U does have the chance to be this upcoming generations SNES - it would need to rely more on 1st party and system exclusives however. I feel if people talking about the slow processing is true..this will turn off some of the big graphic developers such as the guy from DICE said. If you look back at the Nintendo VS Sega years...multiplatform games didn't really exist as they do now. Take Shadowrun for instance - both the Genesis and SNES game are very different from each other. It would be like Black Ops 2 being different on each console. There was a reason to actually pick up just one system..or maybe in some cases both. If Nintendo can get a lot of good developers on board with their vision..and they have done well so far at launch...then we can see an SNES part 2... /end rant
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Early 90s ALL OVER AGAIN!
More information on SNES vs Genesis here.

#10 reef7009

reef7009

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

It would be fun....lol

#11 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Or worse....

"NINTENTURD IZ FUR KIDZ! 360 IZ FUR HARDCOR GAMERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!"

I was about to laugh, but the truth hurt and took me aback. I miss the 90s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!