Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

- took a week to get the game running on Wii U
- another week and a half of getting the graphics up and running
- this lead the first playable build
- the team then added in the finishing touches
- took roughly 5 weeks to get a fully functional build
- assets from the 360/PS3 versions
- three programmers worked to bring the game over
- the team was working with Nintendo to ask them how certain things worked, and Nintendo wasn't sure with some answers
- first time the team worked with Nintendo
- the team feels they didn't put any hurdles in the way during development
- feel that Nintendo is dedicated to helping developers with Wii U
- a lot of little hiccups along the way while learning the system
- should be an easy platform to develop for
- easier to develop for than PS3, on par with 360
- no need to pause and examine loot and see what you want, since it displays on the controller
- believes they could get the entire game running on the controller
- Wii U controller ease to put content on
- took roughly 10 minutes to write the code to display TV content on controller
- team will brainstorm to see what they can do with the controller

The Story Behind The Wii U And Darksiders II
Posted Image

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

This makes the wii u very promising. Good thing it is really easy to develop for it.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

Three people got it up an running in five weeks?

Blimey! This really does make porting to the Wii U little more than a formality. That bodes well. With so little investment needed to establish a presence on the platform, it just would not make sense for third parties not to bring their products to this console. That might mean lot's of "shovelware", but it will also mean that the machine could build a huge catalogue of quality games very quickly.

#4 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

Wait. Wii Ultra? Did you make this up? It's Wii U as in We You. No offense, but if you're going on a Wii U forum at least watch a E3 replay and don't just make things up.

#5 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:55 AM

It sounds like porting PS3/Xbox 360 games to the Wii U and developing new games for the Wii U are relatively simple. Hopefully, this'll lead to lots of third party developers supporting the Wii U. I just hope that the console doesn't get flooded with PS3/Xbox ports due to developers wanting to make some quick money.

#6 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

Actually, I think it will be very likely that the Wii U does get lot's of straight, or close to straight, ports, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Developers will probably bring some shovelware true, but they are just as likely to port over tried and tested titles too, perhaps as collections.

If they can establish a presence in this new market quickly and economically, that might make it easier for them to bring new products later.

#7 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

Actually, I think it will be very likely that the Wii U does get lot's of straight, or close to straight, ports, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Developers will probably bring some shovelware true, but they are just as likely to port over tried and tested titles too, perhaps as collections.

If they can establish a presence in this new market quickly and economically, that might make it easier for them to bring new products later.

I think that having lots of ports would be a bad thing for the Wii U. Some ports are fine, but I hope developers don't overdo it. If someone who already owns a PS3 or Xbox 360 looks at the Wii U section in stores and sees lots of ports, they'll be less likely to buy a Wii U, when they can already play that game on their current console. The Wii U needs original games if it wants to win back the "harcore" market from SOny and Microsoft.

#8 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Wait. Wii Ultra? Did you make this up? It's Wii U as in We You. No offense, but if you're going on a Wii U forum at least watch a E3 replay and don't just make things up.

Everyone knows that the Wii U is a euphemism for "We, You" but if you paid attention to Reggie's speech he clearly stated that the U could mean anything for example Utopia/Unifying and some people have brought it upon themselves to add on to the U. Trust me I've watched the E3 presentation twice all the way through and it's there. The first person to actually call it the "Wii Ultra" was ECCWii.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!