#1 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

The idea is to create programming that will appeal to the “untapped metrosexual viewership.” The cable network closed a deal with Esquire parent, Hearst Corporation, and intends to court an upscale viewership that they feel is currently underserved. According to THR, the rebranding efforts will “shift the former gaming network to a destination more in line with the modern male.”

New programming is already in development and will focus on the genres that other male-centric channels, such as Spike, have failed to provide for men. They include: cooking, travel, fashion and, in keeping with tradition, some gaming as well.

So, gaming will still be a part of the channel, it'll simply be a smaller part of it.

http://www.ign.com/a...esquire-channel

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Wait G4 is a gaming channel? When did that happen? The channel has been going down hill ever since it Tech TV was taken over. It already has minimal gaming programming. I'm guessing they chose to do this because no one cares about G4 anymore.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

The only time that I watch G4 is during E3 and SD:CC but yeah the channel has been sinking and it was only a matter of time til something happen.:(

The only time that I watch G4 is during E3 and SD:CC but yeah the channel has been sinking and it was only a matter of time til something happen.:(

eEG8Ies.png

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

DIE G4 DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

The idea is to create programming that will appeal to the “untapped metrosexual viewership.” ... “shift the former gaming network to a destination more in line with the modern male.”

Lolwut. Suggesting that a large group of modern males are metrosexual? @_@ I'll keep an eye on their success/failure. I'm curious about how well it'd do. Especially as TV is something that guys can do privately and not worry about people calling them gay over enjoying the culinary arts or whatever :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!