Photo

I don't really believe that Wii U's will be not available until March 2013.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't really believe this because my local Walmart and EBGames restock their Wii U's daily. Or is it for US? Obviously, there's a Nintendo of Canada. If Nintendo of (any country. I'm confused here) runs out of Wii U's they'll obviously produce more Wii U's before March 2013.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#2 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

Nintendo of America oversees all Nintendo business from Canada all the way to Argentina. There's a Nintendo of Europe, and I think just regular Nintendo is in charge of Asia.

But yeah, Nintendo has been pretty clear that they want the shelves filled so there are no shortages like with the Wii.

#3 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

when i got mine they had about 20 of each, and at target they had 7 deluxes and a couple basics yesterday

#4 rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yea I don't think nintendo wants to deal with the fiasco that the wii was. I remember working for gamestop in 2006 as a part time gig and the wii was sooo hard to keep on the shelf.. I had people hysterically mad that we didn't have any in stock!

#5 Stritix

Stritix

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yea I don't think nintendo wants to deal with the fiasco that the wii was. I remember working for gamestop in 2006 as a part time gig and the wii was sooo hard to keep on the shelf.. I had people hysterically mad that we didn't have any in stock!

wow. I would have got mad at them myself if I were you :P

#6 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I don't really believe this because my local Walmart and EBGames restock their Wii U's daily.

I meant weekly, not daily.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#7 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

I got one in store in the UK yesterday with no problem.
Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#8 rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

I had one lady call about 15 min before we closed for the the night on 12-23-06 ( I remember this cause it has soo funny) she asked what time we closed and I told her " 9:00p.m." and she said ok well I'm on my way down to you and I would like to buy a wii from you so I said real nice " sorry I'm out of stock" she then totally snapped, said that is was B.S. and that I was lying to her and she still showed up after we closed wanting one.

I had one lady call about 15 min before we closed for the the night on 12-23-06 ( I remember this cause it has soo funny) she asked what time we closed and I told her " 9:00p.m." and she said ok well I'm on my way down to you and I would like to buy a wii from you so I said real nice " sorry I'm out of stock" she then totally snapped, said that is was B.S. and that I was lying to her and she still showed up after we closed wanting one.

#9 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Haha then what happened?

#10 rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Back in 06

#11 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

All the stores by me have plenty in stock. Go figure.
Wii U: Riotfunk

#12 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

I think its a good thing that the Wii U is relatively easy to find in stores. That way at least some childs dreams can come true on Christmas morning when they unwrap their brand new system. I wonder how the resellers are doing on Ebay and Amazon lol.

#13 ICOYAR

ICOYAR

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Gamestop told me it would be in by January. I recieved it 2 days after launch due to an email stating that it was in after I was put on a waiting list.

#14 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

My Walmart had 2 basic bundles. I think thats the problem though. No one wants to buy the basic set they want Deluxe so therefore stores have no Wii U even when they do.

#15 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Walked into a gamestop saturday and then had 2 in stock. A Deluxe and a regular. Yesterday I walked into a gamestop about 3 minutes up the road from the other one, and they had about 30 in stock. Plenty of both to go around. Its becoming clear that if you want one, you can get one pretty easily. This is great news. Still happy I preordered and got it at launch, but its great news for the people who werent so lucky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!