drsmltalk

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, SSX, Metroid, Forza

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

POPULAR

It doesn't need it! This is a fantastic system. In a day where we are obsessed with aesthetics versus good content...Wii U is a breath of fresh air. 1080P...60fps (for some games)...HDMI...touchscreen...ok thanks for that. I really THANK YOU though for bringing yet more innovation to the gaming public. I can't wait to see what developers are able to pull off with this awesome console/tablet tech awesomeness. All of the "what if's?"...like what if more Wiipads are supported simultaneously...or what if they can boost the range of the pad...or what if 3rd party developers get inspired to jump out of the same old FPS with new improved graphics...what if games are developed specifically for 3DS/Wii U. As for the now, just play Metroid Blast with some friends and I dare you to not laugh and have a great time...but try not to take for granted the fact that you are playing with wiipad...wiimotes...in a way where it is fun to have either. I have had all the systems (all the way back to Pong...yes I am that old (almost 42)) and I know for me if I look back to my most memorable and fun games ever played a large number seem to be from Nintendo for overall immersive joy. I don't anticipate that changing with this wonderful system. So I say...Lay down your partisanship and unite as GAMERS!

The Shadow

P.S. Nintendo loves us...the included HDMI cable proves it!
The Shadow knows...<insert devious laughter here>

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

I think it's funny when people say they don't want it because there are no good games for it.......and i'm like
.......................................................................................................................................................... /
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
/

Posted Image

Maybe ....just MAYBE it's because it's a NEW system , I can understand people not liking CoD or ZombiU but come on give it a chance they haven't even released the new Zelda or the new Super Smash Bros, there are sooo many good games not out yet......and when they blame it on the problems it's had i just remind them of the Red ring of death for 360 and the Various problems Sony had with the PS3

Edited by CAPU-CHU, 07 January 2013 - 11:17 AM.

wjapt2.jpg

#3 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

YOU'RE RIGHT!!! IT DOESN'T NEED DEFENDING!!

You, sir, deserve a medal. Seriously, that title got me. ._.
Posted Image

Edited by Blake, 07 January 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think there's plenty of great games to choose from.

ZombiU (even if it scored badly), NSMBU, AC3, BO2, and MH3U soon.

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think it's funny when people say they don't want it because there are no good games for it.......and i'm like
/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|
/
Posted Image
Maybe ....just MAYBE it's because it's a NEW system , I can understand people not liking CoD or ZombiU but come on give it a chance they haven't even released the new Zelda or the new Super Smash Bros, there are sooo many good games not out yet......and when they blame it on the problems it's had i just remind them of the Red ring of death for 360 and the Various problems Sony had with the PS3

It's doing way better then e ps vita lol.

But yea the wii u is great most people just don't see it yet. I even had people thinking the wii u is just a new controller for the wii.

And people saying they don't want to buy the new Mario when they already have it on the wii.
But that's just them. I like the wii u a lot and its a great system

Edited by xile6, 07 January 2013 - 11:20 AM.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

One thing I LOVED about the Wii U launch is they made games that everyone would like! We got a bit of mario, family gaming,shooters, horror, sports, creativeness,action, etc!

Which is the reason I have three games so far and there's two games on my wish list that are out now but the ones I have now will keep me busy.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#7 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

The Wii U is a fantastic next gen console and I am really looking forward to games this year.

Nintendo could of just made the Wii U specs the same as PS3/360 but they didn't, they improved the areas that were lacking in those consoles and knowing the Wii U has a modern three core CPU, AMD GPU with much more RAM and eDRAM inside it makes me happy. Not only is the Wii U more powerful than them it's all about the GamePad which is the main selling point.

One other thing I have noticed is the majority of Wii U owners are adults, which is great.

#8 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

It would be great if its only feature was the ability to play games on the controller screen. That feature alone is so useful that everything else has been a bonus for me.

This is before any seriously big Nintendo franchises (except NSMU) have launched. Or TVii has gone world wide. Oh and don't forget the system's not even been seriously pushed yet. Plus future 3rd party titles. And I'm sure they'll be many more surprises to come.

#9 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Super Misleading Title!!

#10 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

No lie I bought a vita on release and got three games for it... the system seriously sucks they promised huge third party support and nothing. I do my own reviews of consoles online and by far Nintendo makes a console everyone can enjoy. I've haven't touched my 360 since Wii u has came out. My vita as well sits on a shelf I mainly got it to do the crossplay I was promised other than that I don't play my ps3 either haven't touched it in about 5 months. Wii u is a strong system and I know people will begin to see what I see and hear what I hear.(saw reference)

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

.......................................................................................................................................................... /
|
/

Posted Image

That was the comment to end all the hate and if they keep hating something is wrong with them (:

Signature_DK.png

#12 caryrae73

caryrae73

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

The gamepad is a big plus for me. With having only one tv except the small one in the bedroom it is great when the wife is watching a show I don't care to see I can play some COD or Sonic Racing on the gamepad and it looks and plays really good on it I think. If the Wii U could have played blu-ray or even DVD movies I would have no need for my PS3 anymore. I know blu-ray players are pretty cheap these days but to have it all in one with the wii u would have been awesome and would be one less box one the TV stand.

#13 drsmltalk

drsmltalk

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

The gamepad is a big plus for me. With having only one tv except the small one in the bedroom it is great when the wife is watching a show I don't care to see I can play some COD or Sonic Racing on the gamepad and it looks and plays really good on it I think. If the Wii U could have played blu-ray or even DVD movies I would have no need for my PS3 anymore. I know blu-ray players are pretty cheap these days but to have it all in one with the wii u would have been awesome and would be one less box one the TV stand.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...Blu-Ray Avengers + Rocksmith = Just barely hanging onto PS3. I do love my PS3 for connecting to my media server as well. However, I see less and less playtime with it as more AAA titles come out for Wii U. Can't really imagine playing much else when Zelda comes out! If I get connected to my media server the right way...it could mean the end of PS3 for me.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

You got me with that title :D I've had my laugh for the day, thank you :D

#15 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

LOL, I opened this thread thinking "What is wrong with you people?". Turns out, this is one of the best posts I've read about the Wii U yet! Great post, sir!

#16 drsmltalk

drsmltalk

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for enjoying the post. I only hope 3rd party developers can get over themselves and fully engage with the Wii U. It has fantastic potential as evidence by all of the ideas floating around from other threads by us "non-developers". In a perfect world every system does great and the only separation is price...then the consumer truly wins. I am a believer in "great competition creates great results". Anybody, remember when ESPN 2K5 gave Madden 05 all it could handle for presentation and enjoyment...what happened after that. EA gets exclusive NFL license and puts out sub-par follow-up game as the de facto pro football offering...boooo! How about we pretend no one has HD TVs anymore and we need to have compelling gameplay and story telling as a main ingredient for what is considered a great game. This is like the great Star Wars debacle...great graphics will only take you so far...I ask you Phantom Menace or Empire Strikes Back? Nintendo...thanks for the continued innovation!

The Shadow

P.S. How about we not forget who rescued the videogame industry in 1984...YOU'RE WELCOME developers and other gaming companies!

Edited by drsmltalk, 08 January 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#17 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm really enjoying it as well. The gamepad is amazing! Nintendo Land and NSMBU has provided several hours of great gaming bliss and continues to do so. Also downloaded Trine 2 and Nano Assault Neo. Great games! Currently playing the Rayman Legends demo(AWESOME) and Zombi U demo(now THIS is survival horror!! Creepy stuff!) Overall, I'm quite satisfied!
Posted Image

#18 Buzzbrad

Buzzbrad

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

LOL, I opened this thread thinking "What is wrong with you people?". Turns out, this is one of the best posts I've read about the Wii U yet! Great post, sir!

Yup I thought the same thing haha

Posted Image

#19 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I opened it with this face ~ -_-
I thought it would be some post about how the Wii U didn't meet someones expectations, and they were upset they got it and thought another system was or would be better.
But it turned out to be a good post! :D

#20 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I can't wait for some new games to be announced, but aside from Dead Space 3 in a few weeks, my 360 is a dust collector now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!