#1 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:
    Retrogames,Tokusatsu,Transformers

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Since we have threads for anime and manga, I figure we should have a thread for tokusatsu.
Let's start with a question. Is Kamen Rider Hibiki worth watching? I've heard that it's good until the retool, but I don't want to be emotionally invested and then it starts sucking. If I watch it, is it worth watching all the way through, or should I quit at around the writers changing?
Also on 3DS Forums and Racketboy. I am not an iodit.

#2 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yeah I guess it is worth watching. I not really into the anime or manga.

JxkHfIT.png

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'd say watch it through and once you get to the point the writers change just be weary...........If it has a manga then just hope that both of the writers stick to the story and events that take place in it

I just found this online

"Hibiki is good, but you have to take it in the right context. Hibiki is different from other Rider series, that much is obvious. The reason is it wasn't supposed to be a Kamen Rider series at all. It was something else that Bandai had in development, and was the brainchild of its original producer Takadera Shigenori. For some reason, Toei and Bandai decided to make Hibiki the 2005 Kamen Rider series, but not much about the show actually changed besides the title. I just rewatched it, and with this now in mind, I liked it a lot better this time. I usually compare it to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. DS9 is a great series, but it's not much of a Star Trek show. It just lacks most of the themes and qualities that typically define Star Trek. Hibiki is the same. It's a great show, it's just not much of a Kamen Rider series. If you cast aside your Kamen Rider expectations and take it on its own, you may be pleasantly surprised.

It should also be noted that Takadera was removed as producer and replaced as of episode 30 and for the movie by Shirakura Shinichiro, who was (and continues to be) a producer for most of the other Heisei era Riders, PGSM, and several Sentai shows. He also brought along his usual writers. Apparently Hibiki was overbudget due to all the location shoots, and it was also underperforming in ratings and merchandise. That combination does not make execs happy. Shirakura was basically brought in because Takadera refused to make the changes they wanted. On the flip side, many fans of Hibiki, as well as the cast were unhappy with the change. Though I like basically everything else Shirakura has ever worked on, I do wish Takadera had been allowed to finish making his show." ~TV Nihon

Edited by CAPU-CHU, 06 February 2013 - 02:14 PM.

wjapt2.jpg

#4 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

I not really into the anime or manga.

Me too. I prefer my Aisan spandex men in live action.

#5 3DS Strider

3DS Strider

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

So I've been watching Ryukendo lately, and it's kinda slow, butit's not that bad.If you haven't seen it do so at some point.

When I'm done with Gekiranger, should I watch Armor Hero, Ultraman Gaia, or Jetman?

Well, I'm watching Jetman. If you haven't seen it yet, DO SO NOW!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!