Photo

What Monolith Soft's next game should be like for it to be successful. Discuss.

monolith soft game successful

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

We all saw that trailer from the last Nintendo Direct, and I guess many of us where amazed. That's my case, I can tell you... We don't know much from that game, if not that it's probably going to be a "Xeno-" game. Here are my thoughts concerning what the game should be like in order to be successful.
  • Have a huge world (confirmed and so big that Xenoblade "looks like a demo compared to that new game")
  • Make that huge world beautiful: A lot of space is nothing if every place looks the same. Again, Xenoblade did a wonderful job (remember the village in a huge tree...).
  • Have in-depth customization
  • Have an epic storyline
  • Minimize grinding: I think most people hate to beat the same minion over and over to level up in order to be able to kill a boss...
  • Have a replay value in some way...
LOL I just said what every RPG should be like... anyway, your thoughts?
Posted Image

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

I wouldn't really call any of this "must haves" to be successful. It's more of your opinion :P . Honestly I won't be making many assumptions or anything until we see more. Just because it has an X in the titles doesn't make it a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. They did say it wasn't when they were asked about it a while ago. So unless they changed their mind....however it could be a prequel? or maybe an indirect sequel? As long as they put the same amount of detail and depth that Xeno had..I'm sure it will be great.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

I feel that if they did pretty much what they did with Xenoblade, I'll be happy with it. Though I would appreciate it if the story was a little less animesque.

#4 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I only played a little bit of xenoblade, but i can see this game will do just fine, and the gamepad is going to make the elements of RPG games SO much better, just wait.

#5 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Its going to be an AMAZING game and i cant wait :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!