#1 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Sure we get the occasional Little Big Planet or Hotline Miami but it feels like modern games are getting pretty stale. Which is why I like nintendo, but nintendo is milking the crap out of new super mario bros. What do you think? I honestly want nintendo to come out with at least 3 titles of new IP and 5 new revisions of francises. Will this happen? Probably not but it would be nice. Lets talk about what we want from gaming! Also I wish companys would go back to the old school FPS (Serious Sam, though Serious Sam is still getting games :P, Doom NOT 3, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Wolfenstein 3d ect.) as those are way more fun and allow way more creativity than modern FPS (CoD, BattleField, every CoD and Battlefield clone, zombiu ect.) It feels like modern games are either too linear or not linear enough too :3. What are your opinions on the subject?

eKsvghU.jpg

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Apparently ZombiU is an FPS now...

#3 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Yes, yes it is. I've always hated Zombiu.

eKsvghU.jpg

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Its nice to have a change as long as change is good but tbh iv'e had around five years play out of MW2/3/Blops1/2 and thats a good three evenings a week so its each to there own really.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Yes, yes it is. I've always hated Zombiu.

Why hate on ZombiU?

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

FPS stands for "First-Person Shooter" where the game focuses on gun/projectile based combat through a first person perspective. ZombiU does fit that description so yeah you could say its a FPS.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

You are wrong.
http://www.youtube.c...ZJTjns6Qg#t=40s
Just look at these explosions.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

FPS stands for "First-Person Shooter" where the game focuses on gun/projectile based combat through a first person perspective. ZombiU does fit that description so yeah you could say its a FPS.

I think of ZombiU as Survival Horror.

#9 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

You are wrong.
http://www.youtube.c...ZJTjns6Qg#t=40s
Just look at these explosions.

explosions.
another problem in modern games
TOO MANY DAMN EXPLOSIONS FOR NO PARTICULAR REASON BUT TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A HOLLYWOOD FLICK!

I think of ZombiU as Survival Horror.

I think the survival aspects are fine but everything else kinda sucked in that game! The survival aspects werent even that great, resident evil 2-3 and silent dead 2 had better survival elements.
Plus for Horror was anyone actually scared at this game :P

Edited by dtrexgaming, 24 February 2013 - 12:47 PM.

eKsvghU.jpg

#10 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

Good point, They are allot of the same stale games and so many fps to even name. With allot of sequels too. But you can't deny the fact that new and creative games are still coming out.
A few games that I can name that have come out over the past years that are innovative.
Journey
Braid
Portal
Terraria
vvvvvv
Nano assault neo
Frozen synapse
Mirrors Edge
and Watch dogs is coming out soon.

I Don't think people have run out of ideas. I think its that developers are SCARED to put out innovative games on the market. there afraid that it wont sell.
If a company goes out and wants to create a totally new game, The costs are going to be extremely high, so imagine what would happen if the game doesn't sell, The company might be forced to close down. There's been a decrease in innovative games because of this. Just look back at the first generation of video game consoles. Due to low costs and low capabilities of computers, a single programmer could develop a full game. However, increasing computer processing power and heightened consumer expectations has made it impossible for one single developer to produce a mainstream game. The average development price of game has rose from 1M–4M in 2000 to over 5M in 2006 to over 20M in 2010. Companies aren't going to risk that amount of money!

I think ZombiU is also creative, I don't think ZombiU as being that much of a fps either. Its more of a survival horror game.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#11 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Sure we get the occasional Little Big Planet or Hotline Miami but it feels like modern games are getting pretty stale. Which is why I like nintendo, but nintendo is milking the crap out of new super mario bros. What do you think? I honestly want nintendo to come out with at least 3 titles of new IP and 5 new revisions of francises. Will this happen? Probably not but it would be nice. Lets talk about what we want from gaming! Also I wish companys would go back to the old school FPS (Serious Sam, though Serious Sam is still getting games :P, Doom NOT 3, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Wolfenstein 3d ect.) as those are way more fun and allow way more creativity than modern FPS (CoD, BattleField, every CoD and Battlefield clone, zombiu ect.) It feels like modern games are either too linear or not linear enough too :3. What are your opinions on the subject?

Try Crysis 3 (its not to linear or not linear enough) and allows for crazy action and stealth (for example I connected c4 to a car, power kicked the car of a cliff and set of the c4 on a group on enemy soldiers whilst jumping of the cliff and mid air shoot a straggler with the bow, then changed to my tip after sliding behind cover of the previously just exploding car, to some electric tips and shot the water at the last group of enemies frying them all, all this happened in under 30 seconds). The best part of all this in Crysis 3 is I doubt anyone else did exactly what I did there as it gives you so many options, you also have to be good to pull such action of and your average player will be very unlikely to be able to do it immediately upon playing. What about dishonored, another great fps recently released which similar to crysis 3 gives you plenty of options and is somewhat linear with huge rooms to explore and take multiple routes, or Far Cry 3 which is more or less a fps/rpg hybrid... I could go on and on, I do agree that many of Nintendo's big ips are getting stale (in particular mario... how many marios have been released in the last 2 years, to many is my opinion). Then again mario sells and Nintendo knows this and will follow the same plan they did to 'save' the 3ds, this year a price drop followed by Mario Kart and a 3d Mario game.

Personally though I have never seen so many original games being release as there are now, however on wiiU the story is different as there is very little of anything there games wise.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 24 February 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Yeah, I agree. Games are becoming stale because there is very little to continue tapping into without accidentally tapping into a known resource.

I think there have been a few mechanics I have liked in recent years though. The Shift mechanic in Driver: San Fransisco was pretty cool to me. It's like quick travel, but you don't need to travel to a quick travel, and then travel from the quick travel to get somewhere. I'm not gonna say it was genius, seeing as it was something plot based. Giving it zoom options helped make it a rather good mechanic and made cutting through expanses in an open world enjoyable.

I'm not saying developers have tapped into everything yet, but it's becoming harder.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I dont think the problem is that there are no more creative ideas. There are just fewer and fewer companies willing to take risks. Which is why we are living in a time of sequels. As games are getting more expensive to make, It's harder to take chances. Also have a look at all the dev companies that had to shut their doors for trying to be creative and their games not selling. Its horrible to be honest. I hate seeing creativity die. It's a dagger to an artists heart. I think though that with SteamBox and Ouya that might change the equation. With Indie games and the Greenlight program from Valve.

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

well there are alot of generics get 1-2 and some creative ones. doubt we will lack it. shouldnt have much issues with creativity if i got onto development

#15 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

I do agree that many of Nintendo's big ips are getting stale (in particular mario... how many marios have been released in the last 2 years, to many is my opinion). Then again mario sells and Nintendo knows this and will follow the same plan they did to 'save' the 3ds, this year a price drop followed by Mario Kart and a 3d Mario game.

You know, I never had a problem with them releasing so many Marios like they do, if only they'd compliment them with equally good releases in between. I still think that, like many other companies, Nintendo can look towards their older or less frequent IPs for a sense of inspiration. Sin and Punishment is traditional a 2D rail shooter, but I reckon they could flesh in some new high speed 3D exploration while still keeping that bullet pressure stigma to it.

Also, all that Crysis 3 stuff has all my yes and I'll actually be making a purchase soon after that. That sounds over the top and I wish to outdo you. I also need to buy Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance alongside it. Apparently Blade Mode is a creative idea I need to try out.

Heck, another creative idea I just came up with is a spin on Tetris. One player controls the blocks as they fall, while another player navigates a character who is trying not to get crushed. Of course, you'd need to give the player controlling the character a reasonable amount of assist mechanics to survive some of the more ridiculous situations, but c'mon, it'd make a great multiplayer experience.

Edited by Noona bit me :'(, 24 February 2013 - 07:19 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Heck, another creative idea I just came up with is a spin on Tetris. One player controls the blocks as they fall, while another player navigates a character who is trying not to get crushed. Of course, you'd need to give the player controlling the character a reasonable amount of assist mechanics to survive some of the more ridiculous situations, but c'mon, it'd make a great multiplayer experience.

Hey there! I work for Nintendo. I would like you to give us ideas for our minigames on our upcoming game Wii U Play.

#17 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hey there! I work for Nintendo. I would like you to give us ideas for our minigames on our upcoming game Wii U Play.

wait seriously! k I can help :D. A game where the u gamepad guy played as a ninja in a dark enviorment who could only be seen in a white enviorment similar to mark of the ninja, and the wii mote players had to survive for 1 minute 30 seconds without getting hurt by the ninja! The only way to get the ninja as a wiimote player is tojump on the ninja's head while he's in the light 3 times! I dont know, seems fun to me!

Edited by dtrexgaming, 24 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

eKsvghU.jpg

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

wait seriously! k I can help :D. A game where the u gamepad guy played as a ninja in a dark enviorment who could only be seen in a white enviorment similar to mark of the ninja, and the wii mote players had to survive for 1 minute 30 seconds without getting hurt by the ninja! The only way to get the ninja as a wiimote player is tojump on the ninja's head while he's in the light 3 times! I dont know, seems fun to me!

Lmao.

I was joking.

#19 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Lmao.

I was joking.