Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

FEEL THE LOVE GENERATING, OH OH OH OH!

But I think the point is, if people in this thread are coming up with ideas, and using literal game examples as well, then it's not that gaming has run out of creative ideas, it's that creative people are lacking the inspiration to come up with these ideas, or are finding it hard to fulfill them.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Thats only console games from the incumbent big name publishers.

And they are dropping like flies. The wind of change is blowing again.

Try some indie pc gaming. odds are if your pc can browse the internet it can run these games.

Lets see... Try...
Rumble box :)
Eversion
Happy wheels .... XD
Slender
and....
Anna.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

I dont think they have run out of idea's, games such as journey have shown this. Such a simple concept yet so effect. Its really only franchise games that are getting stale in my opinion, things like call of duty and need for speed etc were to me the games have not really changed much in the last 5 years or so.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#25 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

I dont think they have run out of idea's, games such as journey have shown this. Such a simple concept yet so effect. Its really only franchise games that are getting stale in my opinion, things like call of duty and need for speed etc were to me the games have not really changed much in the last 5 years or so.

What about franchises like Far Cry, Resident Evil, etc? Whether you like what they have become they have changed to a significant degree.

#26 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

What about franchises like Far Cry, Resident Evil, etc? Whether you like what they have become they have changed to a significant degree.

in before 'changed into call of duty'.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#27 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

They generally don't have yearly 'updates' as I like to call them unlike the games I mentioned.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Sure we get the occasional Little Big Planet or Hotline Miami but it feels like modern games are getting pretty stale. Which is why I like nintendo, but nintendo is milking the crap out of new super mario bros. What do you think? I honestly want nintendo to come out with at least 3 titles of new IP and 5 new revisions of francises. Will this happen? Probably not but it would be nice. Lets talk about what we want from gaming! Also I wish companys would go back to the old school FPS (Serious Sam, though Serious Sam is still getting games :P, Doom NOT 3, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D, Wolfenstein 3d ect.) as those are way more fun and allow way more creativity than modern FPS (CoD, BattleField, every CoD and Battlefield clone, zombiu ect.) It feels like modern games are either too linear or not linear enough too :3. What are your opinions on the subject?

ZombiU is actually a new IP and takes survival horror in a completely new direction. I wouldn't lump this in with COD. Battlefield does not iterate as often as COD and always adds fresh gameplay experiences IMO.

#29 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

I think there is a lot of creativeness in games out there, you've just gotta look past CoD and games like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!