Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

While Wii U tablet features have been to be decided, Guay said that the game's themes of hacking with mobile devices is a "natural" fit for the controller.

"We're still investigating how we'll use the tablet on the Wii U, but with the things I mentioned before, for us it's not going to be a weird stretch," he said.

"It's natural. What's really cool with Watch Dogs, when we start thinking of those devices, it's not a weird abstraction, it's not like I'm a space alien and now I'm using a tablet. Why am I doing that?

"Aiden Pearce is using a device to control the city, so it's quite easy to imagine what we could do with that."

He added that porting duties are currently being handled by Ubisoft's Bucharest studio, and that the game is "'already running" on the system.

Watch Dogs is “already running” on Wii U, thanks to the porting work of Ubisoft Bucharest (Romania). The team previously developed the PC version of Assassin’s Creed III and helped out on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515716

Please include tablet controls, do it Ubisoft.
http://nintendoeverything.com/interstitial.php?url=http://nintendoeverything.com/114166/ubisoft-thinking-about-how-to-use-the-gamepad-for-watch-dogs-made-by-bucharest-studio/

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

They did well with gamepad functions on ZombiU, so I'm really hoping they deliver with this as well.

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

It would be a foolish move by Ubisoft not to use it, they already have a bad rep with the Wii U.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm concerned the Wii U version is being co ported with ps360

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm sure they will make use of the gamepad as its an ideal interface for this type of game.

By the way shouldn't this thread be in the games forum.

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

I'm concerned the Wii U version is being co ported with ps360

It is, this is the same team doing ps360 version as well.

I knew this was coming.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#7 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

It is, this is the same team doing ps360 version as well.
I knew this was coming.

Yep... It's sad because the likelihood of ps360U all looking the same with wii u having gamepad support is very likely. Especially now that ps4 has been revealed and all devs and publisher are busy blowing Sony right now.

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Easy way out: Off-TV Play. Not like it's a bad thing. More games need to support Off-TV Play.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Here's hoping Ubisoft Bucharest puts some good effort into the Wii U version and takes advantage of its capabilities. I have no doubt it can stand out quite nicely from the PS3/360 versions if the effort is applied. Also excited to see how they utilize the GamePad.
Posted Image

#10 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

It will be interesting how they will take advantage of the GamePad's functionalites.

Looking forward to that.

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

I wonder if we are getting the DLC included with the game like we did for Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2? That would be really cool.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

I wonder if we are getting the DLC included with the game like we did for Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2? That would be really cool.

Doubtful, assuming all versions release at the same time. Then, we would just get the DLC releases like everyone else.
Posted Image

#13 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Doubtful, assuming all versions release at the same time. Then, we would just get the DLC releases like everyone else.

True. Thanks for the info.

Signature_DK.png

#14 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Alright Ubisoft, convince me to buy this game for Wii U with great GamePad functionality. If you fail to do so, it's a PS4 buy for me.

Edited by Blake, 25 February 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#15 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Alright Ubisoft, convince me to buy this game for Wii U with great GamePad functionality. If you fail to do so, it's a PS4 buy for me.

I don't think Ubisoft care which platform you buy it on, so long as you buy it. I plan on getting it for Wii U.

#16 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

I hope the touch screen isnt used like in mass effect or games like that where theres only a map and some powers and shat. I never really used the touch screen in ME3 unless I want a quick look at the map or if I want to play off tv.
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#17 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I don't think Ubisoft care which platform you buy it on, so long as you buy it. I plan on getting it for Wii U.

Ubisoft doesn't care, I know, I'm just hoping they will convince me to buy it on Wii U.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

The possibilleties for hacking and stuff on the game are endless, please do it Ubisoft.

#19 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Doesn't this game use Smartglass? If so, then just put those features on the gamepad

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#20 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

Ubisoft doesn't care, I know, I'm just hoping they will convince me to buy it on Wii U.

Certainly agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!