• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Doesn't this game use Smartglass? If so, then just put those features on the gamepad

I does indeed.
If they fail to properly use the GamePad for this game they need to start thinking about a "restructuring" imo. That said, seeing as how they've used it in ZombiU and Rayman, I see this turning out alright.

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't think Ubisoft care which platform you buy it on, so long as you buy it. I plan on getting it for Wii U.

Which is if they crap out a port on the wii u, which it appears they are going to, i wont buy it for ANY of my future systems.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Which is if they crap out a port on the wii u, which it appears they are going to, i wont buy it for ANY of my future systems.

We'll have to wait for some gameplay footage from the Wii U itself to be able to tell if that's what they did. Also, I expect all of the versions on next gen systems to share assets with the PC version, so they will all be ports in one way or another. I don't mind time savings measures so long as it doesn't compromise the qulity of the game on any particular platform.

#24 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

I could be wrong, but isn't Ubisoft Montreal developing the PS4/Durango/PC versions while Ubisoft Bucharest is developing the Wii U/PS3/360 versions? If true, that could put things in perspective.

EDIT:

Came across this:

http://www.tweaktown...-ps4/index.html

Edited by Crispy Bacon, 25 February 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Posted Image

#25 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

If that little touchpad on the ps4 controller has them excited then shouldn't they be ecstatic about the GamePad...?

#26 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

this is getting silly now, what exactly is the point in having a WiiU, i may as well of not got a WiiU & got this for my X360 or PS3, but then again i could get a PS4 & buy it for that with all the bells & whistles on it, the money i used for my WiiU i could of used on a proper next gen console that will get games for it.

this is getting silly now, what exactly is the point in having a WiiU, i may as well of not got a WiiU & got this for my X360 or PS3, but then again i could get a PS4 & buy it for that with all the bells & whistles on it, the money i used for my WiiU i could of used on a proper next gen console that will get games for it.

#27 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Your dumb nonsensical comments are getting boring now. Leave the forum. You clearly have no interest in Wii U and we have no interest in reading drivel.

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Your dumb nonsensical comments are getting boring now. Leave the forum. You clearly have no interest in Wii U and we have no interest in reading drivel.

Oooooo now that's not very nice is it ?

#29 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I hope for offscreen play the most :P

eKsvghU.jpg

#30 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Tablet will be used. It will be great. They're even using the minuscule ps4 touchpad.

Makes sense that the game is written for OC and ported to consoles for now. The x86/arm team would handle PAC code to the x86/arm architectures. Ppc ports handled by the same teams as well. Regardless of the next gen Ppc system included.

So long as the overly compressed and rely created lower quality ps3 assets don't end up wii u, it will be fine.

Zero reason for wii u to not include pc/ps4/720 assets.

The only thing that would undermin the current effort is what I mentioned before: Sony guerilla warfare.
Underhanded tactics. It's what they do best. And they never stop.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 25 February 2013 - 08:27 PM.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

I could be wrong, but isn't Ubisoft Montreal developing the PS4/Durango/PC versions while Ubisoft Bucharest is developing the Wii U/PS3/360 versions? If true, that could put things in perspective.
EDIT:
Came across this:
http://www.tweaktown...-ps4/index.html

Thats EXACTLY whats going on.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thats EXACTLY whats going on.

Ps4 fever at ubi.

That's why raymsn was delayed.

It's also why ubi is supposedly "dismayed" by actually respectable wii u sales.

Sony at it again.

But I think watch dogs is too far along now.

The wii u version should turn out very well if they don't decide to gimp it at the last minute.

But hyping the ps4s stupid little touchpad while questioning the wii u tablet, which was made for games like this, is very telling.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#33 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Please shoehorn in some Wii U gamepad controls Ubisoft!

That's what I keep hearing from you guys.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#34 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

opps wrong thread my bad XP

Lol

#35 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Lazy third partys...Cant wait for E3

Edited by PS3WIIIUfan, 25 February 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#36 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hmm, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game are not jet in the works, and Ubisoft says Wii U IS NEXT GEN:

"The team is developing it on high end pc's and next gen, after that other teams are looking how they can make it fit for the older generation. So the first approach is to see how they can take full advantage of the next gen consoles."

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=516088

#37 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hmm, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game are not jet in the works, and Ubisoft says Wii U IS NEXT GEN:

"The team is developing it on high end pc's and next gen, after that other teams are looking how they can make it fit for the older generation. So the first approach is to see how they can take full advantage of the next gen consoles."

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=516088

Also interesting from the source is that they have been developing games for the PS4 for 2-3 years now as they knew very early on what sort of hardware they were going to be dealing with.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Also interesting from the source is that they have been developing games for the PS4 for 2-3 years now as they knew very early on what sort of hardware they were going to be dealing with.

Really isn't that hard, at least for strictly the game code, since they are programming for a low end gaming PC.

#39 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Really isn't that hard, at least for strictly the game code, since they are programming for a low end gaming PC.

My point was only that, to my understanding, outside developers know maybe maximum a year in advance what they are dealing with, working on a game 2-3 years before the console is even announced is a luxury other consoles didn't have.

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

My point was only that, to my understanding, outside developers know maybe maximum a year in advance what they are dealing with, working on a game 2-3 years before the console is even announced is a luxury other consoles didn't have.

Agreed. Though I doubt they've been working on the PS4 version directly, more than likely the PC version, and the PS4 version is going to be a port from PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!