#21 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

And my family thinks $50 is expensive for a controller. Welp.

Edited by TheDoctor13, 26 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Stupid Snowmads!

#22 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I always have had some negativeness about the controller from the first place.. They invested so much into it and it turns to be a banana in many cases... At least it proved to be at date, with the already existing titles. It sounds very expensive and I wonder why...

They could offer it as an extra retail gadget for wii U, not bundled with the console... that would be better...

Edited by Orion, 26 February 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#23 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

80? 140?

Either way, I would rather stick to having one GamePad.

#24 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

That isn't a bad price and certainly not way off base. If they bundle it with a game that would be even better :)
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#25 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

That's why I buy things from America! (controllers and stuff, but not games)

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#26 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

not a bad price? 140 = 140-160 euros (because they always add and add and add) = 190-220 dollars..

If thats the price of the controller, is also a bad advert for wii U, because everybody can say... if the controller cost 140-160.... then the console costs 150.... Its a bad marketing, if nintendo overpriced it.

Edited by Orion, 27 February 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#27 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

I hope gamepads aren't regionlocked

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#28 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

^^^ They are, its been spoken about many times on here.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

They are region locked.

#30 Kao

Kao

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Posted Image

Edited by Ernitis, 28 February 2013 - 05:29 AM.

-Kao the kangaroo

#31 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

I'm not sure why this is really a problem. The GamePad sems very durable and can withstand many drops.

If something like internal damage occurs, doesn't Nintendo fix it for free?

#32 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'm not sure why this is really a problem. The GamePad sems very durable and can withstand many drops.

Yeah the only thing the warranty doesnt cover is physical damage caused by you, or anyone else who uses the console.

I would never pay over £100 for a controller. I doubt there will be any game that utilizes dual gamepads in a way that is so cool that it would persuade me to buy something this expensive.

#33 Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami

Hallowed Be Thy Name

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yeah the only thing the warranty doesnt cover is physical damage caused by you, or anyone else who uses the console.

I would never pay over £100 for a controller. I doubt there will be any game that utilizes dual gamepads in a way that is so cool that it would persuade me to buy something this expensive.

And honestly, unless you're super rough with it I couldn't imagine it being broken by physical damage caused by the user. It's durable.

#34 Reversal

Reversal

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

They are confirmed to be region locked, actually.

#35 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Yes but the warranty is only for the first year. After that any problems internal or external the consumer will have to pay for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!