Photo

New Xbox also going with second hand games unlock code.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Again just like the PS4 thread this is backed up by a few tweets from people in the industry.

http://multiplayerbl...tv.com/?p=96376

If all is true on both formats then this could help sell Nintendo WiiU's.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

It doesn't really effect me as I buy all my games brand new, but I understand why it would bother some.

#3 DMagoo24

DMagoo24

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

I hate this kind of idea, and I understand why developers do it, so more people buy new games. But what about taking that game to a friend's house... Can you no longer do that without a code that you have to pay for?

I dunno... Hurts gaming in general. There are so many games I want to play, that it would cost a ridiculous amount of money if I bought them all brand new. Not a fan of this.

And as for digital, I like having a hard copy as I know many do. There are a lot of collectors, and I hate the digital copy idea... I dunno, I don't like where these future gens are going.

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

I don't like where these future gens are going.

Not all future gen is going this way - WiiU.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

It's funny he mentions in the article that he sees the next generation after this being all digital, but he's forgetting the 10,000 lb gorilla in the room. That only happens if these tactics are successful. If they end up costing sales (which it will do at least to a small portion) they may abandon the tactic. Also, if they keep releasing digital versions for the same prices as physical media they are going to see some reachback that may hurt them with their customers.

#6 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

So without internet your screwed? Well if that is the case Fock you Microsoft!

Posted Image

#7 DMagoo24

DMagoo24

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Not all future gen is going this way - WiiU.

Sorry... I meant future, as in after Wii U and AFTER PS4 and NEXTBOX... I think the industry in itself is seeming very greedy.  I do believe without discs, profit would be higher, and maybe they'd lower costs to us, the consumers... but again, they seem greedy... so we shall see.

#8 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Doing this hurts sales even more. I usually buy new games when they are released and trade them in once completed for more new games so I'm always buying new games because of the second hand market. If I could no longer trade in my games, I will no longer purchase new games due to no money back trading in so there won't really be a point in owning the machine either so they'll lose me a customer in the long run. It'll also force legitimate people to think about turning to piracy to play their games so they lose even more!

If Sony and Microsoft do go this route, Sony have have supposed to have said they will allow used games to run but haven't stated if there will be an activation charge for doing so, then I'll just stick to the Wii U for a console and go back to being a PC gamer. Recently played Crysis 3 on the PC and it is so much graphically batter than the console versions, even the PS4 demos we've seen. It's about time the PC had games that utilizes it's power and not just shove crappy console ports on them.

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

This story has already been posted in another thread in these forums. Its hardly an official confirmation what is going to happen regards second hand games. Its just a rumour until if and when Sony and or Microsoft confirm it to be true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!