24 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

So they confirmed the leaks it looks like AC4 will be coming to Wii U, however PS3 will contain 60 minutes of extra gameplay.

So what do you think of the news, do you feel Ubisoft will put more effort into the visuals with the Wii U version now they've had more time, or do you think it'll be a straight up port of the 360 version with gamepad additions? Do you feel you'd rather play the PS3 version as it's apparently 60 minutes longer?

What do you think of the Pirate theme? Were you a fan at all of the ship battle mechanics last time?
Spoiler

http://www.computera...-coming-monday/

Just spotted other topic >_< close this one

Posted Image

Edited by Penguin101, 28 February 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yep Ubisoft is being Ubishaft again. I don't mean to be vulgar but all they have been doing is crapping down Nintendo's necks recently. It makes me wonder if something shady is going on.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Yep Ubisoft is being Ubishaft again. I don't mean to be vulgar but all they have been doing is crapping down Nintendo's necks recently. It makes me wonder if something shady is going on.

Erm...overreactions ftw?

It isn't just the Wii U with stuff missing, it's the Xbox 360 as well. The PS3 usually gets limited-time exclusive content on a ton of other games anyway, but they usually wind up making their way to other consoles.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Erm...overreactions ftw?

It isn't just the Wii U with stuff missing, it's the Xbox 360 as well. The PS3 usually gets limited-time exclusive content on a ton of other games anyway, but they usually wind up making their way to other consoles.

You failed to answer my curiosity. Why is PS3 getting the best version? The fact Xbox isn't getting it either boggles my mind even more.

Signature_DK.png

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

The way the AC3 ended, they will have to set it on Desmond. If not, this one will be really bad. I'm not expecting a lot out of it anyway though.

#6 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

I'll probably still get this game. I just can't see why one system is getting more content.

Signature_DK.png

#7 DMagoo24

DMagoo24

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm sure hoping its better. Honestly, I'll prob still get it for Xbox, yet I'd like to see it do well on Wii U. I guess depending on how it looks, will decide on what system, but I'd think with after screwing Nintendo out of the Rayman exclusive, they may continue to throw some bones nintendo's way.

#8 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

I don't have an issue with them releasing what is probably bundled DLC in the PS3 version. I never buy DLC for AC games anyway, because I just want to get through the story.

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

I'm sure hoping its better. Honestly, I'll prob still get it for Xbox, yet I'd like to see it do well on Wii U. I guess depending on how it looks, will decide on what system, but I'd think with after screwing Nintendo out of the Rayman exclusive, they may continue to throw some bones nintendo's way.

The last thing you said was exactly what I was thinking. It's just like how I'm afraid to buy NFSMW fearing that EA will screw us over on DLC just like they did to us with Mass Effect 3.

Signature_DK.png

#10 DMagoo24

DMagoo24

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

..not sure why that posted twice...?

Anywho... Yea, I wondered if they'd even bring DLC to Wii U. I imagine they would, Ubisoft has seemed to be Nintendo's biggest supporter-- which really doesn't say much. They seem to be like a high school friend who is best buds with you, but behind your back talks a lot of smack,,,

Edited by DMagoo24, 28 February 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Yay more third party support! Guys, be grateful that Ubisoft is giving the Wii U their good games, that didn't happen last gen.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

You failed to answer my curiosity. Why is PS3 getting the best version? The fact Xbox isn't getting it either boggles my mind even more.

Because Sony is willing to pay outrageous amounts of money to get exclusive content for a limited time.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well one things for sure, PS3 usually gets extra content due to having Blu Ray but Wii U has the same 25GB per layer so that's not the reason here.

#14 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

I think it will be better tan AC3 for sure, however will I get it? Prob not, cuz I don't like AC games anymore after I tried AC3.

I honestly don't like that this is a numerical successor. It should have been DLC (but that's prob not possible because of the new environment) or a spinoff like how in the AC2 era they had Brotherhood and Revelations. It could have been Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

They ended the 3rd Era before it even reached a year...so sad..
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#15 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

AC 3 was pretty much a step back in many ways like combat and the fact fact guards attacked you for doing nothing so hope they improve this. I would love to see bombs back from Revelations

Posted Image

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm actually really looking forward to this, love Pirates, this is gonna be fun.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

An AC game built from the ground up for Wii U sounds good.

#18 Etkar

Etkar

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

The way the AC3 ended, they will have to set it on Desmond.

...how?

Edited by Etkar, 01 March 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#19 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

...how?

I can't explain it without spoiling the game for others.

#20 MrSazperilla

MrSazperilla

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • NNID:MrSazperilla
  • Fandom:
    Star Wars, Team Fortress, Mario

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

PS3 is getting more content because they paid for it. I dont see any other reason why. The content that they are getting too is probably nothing more then some more side quests and nothing really that great to get mad over. Im happy with what we are getting and if they support it like they have AC3 I'll be very happy. UBI is off to a good start with giving games of the same quility to Wii U. Sure they messed up with Rayman but will now get Multiplayer for that for free and get Watch Dogs and AC4. I am very exited for Nintendo this generation. 

S9sJhGQ.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!