#21 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

My wii u takes absolutely ages to download even small things yet pc, ps3,360 and vita all download quick as.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Again there isn't anything wrong with the wifi.  Check for interference and make sure it is set to static IP, and set on a specific wireless channel. 

Then how do you explain that my MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone, 3DS, Wii and Vita all download at acceptable speeds over wi-fi and the kind of speeds they should be yet my Wii U doesn't. If it was my router, Internet connection or I.P. related it would affect them all. I'm also not the only one who experiences slow downloads on the Wii U when everything else is just fine. Its certainly not a bandwidth issue as it also happens when only the Wii U is downloading. In fact I very rarely have multiple devices downloading that the same time.

#23 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Then how do you explain that my MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone, 3DS, Wii and Vita all download at acceptable speeds over wi-fi and the kind of speeds they should be yet my Wii U doesn't. If it was my router, Internet connection or I.P. related it would affect them all. I'm also not the only one who experiences slow downloads on the Wii U when everything else is just fine. Its certainly not a bandwidth issue as it also happens when only the Wii U is downloading. In fact I very rarely have multiple devices downloading that the same time.

If you are referring to downloading software and updates from the Nintendo Network, they probably don't have their backend network scaled up to where it needs to be.  Everything else on the Wii U that uses the network connection runs without issue in my experience.

Considering it's a new service that they've built from the ground up starting from scratch not more than a year ago, it will take them time to get the kind of infrastructure required to support millions of users simultaneously up and running.  That isn't necessarily Nintendo's fault, they contracted this work out, but they need to be there to ensure timelines are met and that the network is scaled properly.  I design enterprise networks for a living, and it only takes one tiny issue on one piece of hardware to bring a network to a crawl.  

I honestly can't explain what the problem is on your personal network, but unless broadcom provided faulty hardware to Nintendo or they provided poorly written drivers, I seriously doubt an issue with the console itself.

#24 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

nin_stream, no, stop it.

You can't fake it when you can't forum, so stop it.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

nin_stream, no, stop it.

You can't fake it when you can't forum, so stop it.

What on earth are you talking about?

#26 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

My wii u takes absolutely ages to download even small things yet pc, ps3,360 and vita all download quick as.

thats not true! Ps3 takes ages to download anything!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

What on earth are you talking about?

The forums first troll posted, that's what.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

The forums first troll posted, that's what.

ahhh

#29 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

As much as I want those two problems fixed, I want the bricking and freezing fixed asap.

794144.png?13383682

#30 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Mine doesn't take long at all.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#31 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

My ps3 does take awhile, when i had 360 it was fast when downloading anything!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Posted Image

#32 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

My PS3 doesn't. Its a lot faster then my Wii U even on wireless as are all my other devices.

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

My PS3 doesn't. Its a lot faster then my Wii U even on wireless as are all my other devices.

I'll be honest all of my consoles were slow when I had PSWii60, but that was because i was running a separate wireless router that they were all connected to that was running in bridge mode from the main wireless network in the house.  The PS3 and Wii had wifi, but they both performed horrendously.  That was a software issue at the time, and they eventually released updates to fix much of that.  It could be possible that there is a software (buggy broadcom driver) issue on the Wii U, that just makes the radio super sensitive to interference or something is set wrong.  Could be a number of things, but it isn't a widespread issue, in fact most people don't have any issues, which makes me believe that it could be something on Nintendo Network that is causing problems, which Nintendo needs to talk to their contractors about.  I personally get updates, software downloads, web surfing, etc really fast.

#34 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Mine took over an hour just to do a game update, yet an hour or so before my ps3 did one and took like 5 mins.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#35 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Mine took over an hour just to do a game update, yet an hour or so before my ps3 did one and took like 5 mins.

That's a very subjective measure, as not all updates are created equal.  I will say that there is something wrong with the way nintendo is doing downloads, installs, and updates.  Why do I need to download and install something?  Why wouldn't it be packaged and placed exactly where it needs to go from the start?

#36 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wi-fi is fine for me, and I am on a floor above the rooter.

The slow OS will get fixed this year.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#37 Peladex

Peladex

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Wind Waker

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Again there isn't anything wrong with the wifi.  Check for interference and make sure it is set to static IP, and set on a specific wireless channel. 

yeah , right. and when i put the console next to the router, works excellent. i'll have to glue the router to the wiiu.

don't think so, ps3 is not my favorite console, but something great about it, it's that the wifi connection works perfectly.

video-fox-135440.jpg

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

yeah , right. and when i put the console next to the router, works excellent. i'll have to glue the router to the wiiu.

don't think so, ps3 is not my favorite console, but something great about it, it's that the wifi connection works perfectly.

Yeah it doesn't need to be that close, just reasonable.

The PS3 would have been better off not coming with a wifi connection in the first place, it was absolutely terrible at launch and wasn't fixed until much later.  It was actually in their patch notes at one point, to fix wifi performance.

#39 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yeah it doesn't need to be that close, just reasonable.

The PS3 would have been better off not coming with a wifi connection in the first place, it was absolutely terrible at launch and wasn't fixed until much later.  It was actually in their patch notes at one point, to fix wifi performance.

thats not true! where u get this info brutha!

I had ps3 from day one never a patch for wifi lol

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Posted Image

#40 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

thats not true! where u get this info brutha!

I had ps3 from day one never a patch for wifi lol

Version 1.93 PS3 system software update to improve network connection stability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!