Photo

Nintendo is not doing well???

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Will Nintendo do Well or Fall?? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Nintendo do Well or Fall??

1. Its going to do great from here on out with triple AAA titles =] (15 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. It might fall when Playstation Vita comes out =/ (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Aqua Omega

Aqua Omega

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend Of Zelda, Pokemon, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

Well Nintendo decided to do a Price cut on the 3DS lowering to $169.99.

Is this a Reaction to the system not selling well? And also to fight the play-station Vita that is going to be release soon??

Tough times are coming for Nintendo, Many people question if the Hand-Held is going to succeed or not.

What do you guys think? Do you think Nintendo is going gain more momentum when the Triple AAA titles are release later this year? or Will the system fall to the hands of Play-station Vita??

Let me know your Opinion and keep it clean Thanks =]

#2 LrRecon

LrRecon

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, Sly cooper, Kingdom Hearts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

I know i'm going to buy one *price drop so close to my birthday =)*
Since I can see sales going up developers might start making more games for it
?????
Profit for everyone
Posted Image

#3 Aqua Omega

Aqua Omega

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

I know i'm going to buy one *price drop so close to my birthday =)*
Since I can see sales going up developers might start making more games for it
?????
Profit for everyone

that's true =].. more people that buy the system should get developers attention to make more games and know that their work is appreciated.
But cancelling games like Mega-Man legends 3 and other games get fans hope down tremendously and make them not want to continue supporting the 3DS. I hope the companies get their act together, if not well they go down simple as that. =/

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

So far, i think a big factor would be 3rd parties releasing quality games for the system.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

I voted for the 2nd option because I'm afraid that's what will happen, with all of the hype surrounding Vita. :\

#6 Aqua Omega

Aqua Omega

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

I voted for the 2nd option because I'm afraid that's what will happen, with all of the hype surrounding Vita. :\

Its true.. there is a lot of hype for the PlayStation Vita, but in the end its up to the consumers and what games the companies releases that is gonna determine who is gonna win.

#7 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

The DS had the same lackluster launch that the 3DS is having. back in 2004 everyone was saying that the PSP was going to destroy the DS, and that Nintendo would no longer be the king of handhelds. Yeah, that's exactly what happened... wait, no it isn't. The DS has all but murdered the PSP, even though it had more power. Now that the 3DS is more reasonably priced ($250 is pretty dang expensive for a handheld, not that I'm complaining), and with AAA titles coming out by the holiday season, I'm predicting a bright future for both the 3DS and Nintendo.
Posted Image

#8 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#9 SparktehFox

SparktehFox

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Splatterhouse, Sonic

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

It's all about the Benjamins, baby. First off the price drop is Nintendo taking advantage of their ability to do so, and the loss is not a great one with Nintendo losing only about 5$ AT MAX, which could easily be offset by upcoming holiday sales and a competitive leverage against it's competition. I'm thinking of the Wii sales with this one. While there were those of us who got the Wii because we knew about the investment, others just got it because it was the cheapest thing which will easily be the 3DS this Christmas. The Vita will be selling at a loss of 70$ per console for the basic WiFi version and the extra 50$ for the 3G version is basically just your first payment toward AT&T for the service (I wouldn't mind 3G but Ninty has it right on this one. Free 3G or none at all). They do not plan on making any profit for the PSV for at least three years which is pretty humiliating especially when you take into consideration that it's still an expensive piece. And while people "accept" the price for the Vita now they will all but abandon that hype once it sells, just as the 3DS suffered. People believed that the 3DS would easily be 300-350 dollars but that was changed to 250$. Even though people were ecstatic for the price they still mother doged and moaned about it after they got it. Now people shouldn't have much to complain about with the 3DS only being 20$ more than the 3DS when it launched, and Sony wouldn't dare try to compete with that price, seeing as they already look stupid for copying the 3DS line in the first place and making it hella expensive.

Secondly Nintendo's first party titles almost always bring bank. That being said, Nintendo does not have to separate development cost with these games because they are developed in house. This easily breaks off whatever little loss the 3DS causes. Sony on the other hand ALWAYS has to share first party profits seeing as they do not actually develop games but moreso hire third parties to become exclusive for Sony effectively making them second parties. Second parties can easily walk away from a company as well as we've seen RARE get bought off Nintendo and BUNGIE fall off with M$. This gives Ninty a much larger advantage from an economic standpoint. And with Nintendo easily being able to offset their losses with huge upcoming titles such as Super Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, RE Revelations, whatever GRASSHOPPER has up their sleeve, and more we could easily see another price drop in a year or so. Maybe less, while Sony won't be able to make any changes until their three year drought is up IF things go well at all!

TL::DR
Nintendo is Still doing great and much better than Sony when you compare the economics of the situation.
Posted Image

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

With the Wii at $150, The normal DS's ranging from $100 to $170 and the 3DS at $170 and all the games coming out for each console this year and next year plus the Wii U, Nintendo is going to be fine. About the 3DS Vs. Vita stuff I think 3DS will win due to its cheaper price tag.

#11 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

So far, the 3DS hasn't been doing particularly well, but I don't think it's doing badly either. I think that it was always going to take time for everyone to understand that it's a brand new console, rather than just a DS with 3D. I don't know whether it'll beat Vita, but with some big games coming out before the end of the year, I think that things will soon pick up for Nintendo.

#12 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

While It may not look like Nintendo's doing well, Most corporation can hide the truth behind locked doors. Plus, I'm guessing that Nintendo is acting like they aren't doing well just so at the end of the year they can say we beat our goals.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#13 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

If I were Ninty, I wouldn't take the risk. Yes, I might lower by $20-30 and give 4-6 games for the original owners, but never $80!
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#14 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

If I were Ninty, I wouldn't take the risk. Yes, I might lower by $20-30 and give 4-6 games for the original owners, but never $80!

So by your formula, for every $5 they lower the price, they should give us a game. Well, they're giving us 20 games, so I guess they should lower the price by $100 instead of $80(Math wiz).
Posted Image

#15 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

that's true =].. more people that buy the system should get developers attention to make more games and know that their work is appreciated.
But cancelling games like Mega-Man legends 3 and other games get fans hope down tremendously and make them not want to continue supporting the 3DS. I hope the companies get their act together, if not well they go down simple as that. =/

I had no idea before but there were quite a few people who were only going to buy the 3DS just for MML, now they are saying they won't buy it because they have no reason to.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

It's all about the Benjamins, baby. First off the price drop is Nintendo taking advantage of their ability to do so, and the loss is not a great one with Nintendo losing only about 5$ AT MAX, which could easily be offset by upcoming holiday sales and a competitive leverage against it's competition. I'm thinking of the Wii sales with this one. While there were those of us who got the Wii because we knew about the investment, others just got it because it was the cheapest thing which will easily be the 3DS this Christmas. The Vita will be selling at a loss of 70$ per console for the basic WiFi version and the extra 50$ for the 3G version is basically just your first payment toward AT&T for the service (I wouldn't mind 3G but Ninty has it right on this one. Free 3G or none at all). They do not plan on making any profit for the PSV for at least three years which is pretty humiliating especially when you take into consideration that it's still an expensive piece. And while people "accept" the price for the Vita now they will all but abandon that hype once it sells, just as the 3DS suffered. People believed that the 3DS would easily be 300-350 dollars but that was changed to 250$. Even though people were ecstatic for the price they still mother doged and moaned about it after they got it. Now people shouldn't have much to complain about with the 3DS only being 20$ more than the 3DS when it launched, and Sony wouldn't dare try to compete with that price, seeing as they already look stupid for copying the 3DS line in the first place and making it hella expensive.

Secondly Nintendo's first party titles almost always bring bank. That being said, Nintendo does not have to separate development cost with these games because they are developed in house. This easily breaks off whatever little loss the 3DS causes. Sony on the other hand ALWAYS has to share first party profits seeing as they do not actually develop games but moreso hire third parties to become exclusive for Sony effectively making them second parties. Second parties can easily walk away from a company as well as we've seen RARE get bought off Nintendo and BUNGIE fall off with M$. This gives Ninty a much larger advantage from an economic standpoint. And with Nintendo easily being able to offset their losses with huge upcoming titles such as Super Mario, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, RE Revelations, whatever GRASSHOPPER has up their sleeve, and more we could easily see another price drop in a year or so. Maybe less, while Sony won't be able to make any changes until their three year drought is up IF things go well at all!

TL::DR
Nintendo is Still doing great and much better than Sony when you compare the economics of the situation.

Hurray! Rationality on the intwerwebs :P
I'm tired of people saying that Ninty is going to fail. This post summarizes why it isn't going to be "Vita Smash! Grrr!" like the vocal minority thinks it will.

And, actually, I assume the Vita will tell Sony to never go overboard again, because the amount of money they lose probably won't be worth it for quite some time. So the Wii U pretty much loses a competitor as well :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hurray! Rationality on the intwerwebs :D
I'm tired of people saying that Ninty is going to fail. This post summarizes why it isn't going to be "Vita Smash! Grrr!" like the vocal minority thinks it will.

And, actually, I assume the Vita will tell Sony to never go overboard again, because the amount of money they lose probably won't be worth it for quite some time. So the Wii U pretty much loses a competitor as well :P

Even if you do think the Vita won't be successful, why would you be happy about that? The power in that thing is amazing, it offers a lot more freedom than the 3DS for developers to create better games.

#18 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

Even if you do think the Vita won't be successful, why would you be happy about that? The power in that thing is amazing, it offers a lot more freedom than the 3DS for developers to create better games.

I never said that I wanted it to not be successful, now did I? In fact, I said the opposite: The 3DS won't fail because of the Vita.

Though I kinda don't want it to succeed, because I'm poor and can only afford one console. If the 3DS does better than the Vita, then it will get more games. Just the same, I'm 100% certain 3DS games will be cheaper than Vita games, which means I can play more of them. Not to mention that it would be better for videogames in general to only have one console in the handheld area, because they already have to compete with iPhone. Having to pick between two different consoles might just convince people to give up and take the third option: App store.

Of course, I don't mind at all if it does fine. So long as the 3DS does equal or better than the Vita, I'll be able to get the games that I want easily enough. I just don't want it to end up another GC/N64 era. Heck, if the Vita has some awesome games that I'm interested in on it, and I have some spare money that I somehow obtained, I might get one myself. Of course, both of those seem pretty unlikely... But Rune Factory: Oceans was ported to the PS3, so you never know.

tl;dr: I don't have anything against the Vita, I just don't want it to do so well that it overshadows the 3DS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#19 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Nintendo knows how to handle their fans :( I'm sure they'll do great now.
The 3DS is was just cost too much and was just "not ready yet" in my opinion. If it was released a month or 2 later it might have done a little better. Also the Nintendo DS was released around X-mas, so it's hard to compare the 2 launches of the systems.

#20 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

You know, not everybody is rich, some want one console other than the other because they can afford it. And that's it. It's not hating on the other console etc. It's because of the price, and the quality of games.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!