Photo

What are your impressions on the OS so far?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ifrit05

ifrit05

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

Overall I'm quite satisfied with the OS for only owning the console for a few days. The Miiverse integration is awesome and I love seeing all the posts and amazing sketches from people all around the world. 

The ambient music/jingles are a BIG step up from the original Wii's menu music and channel themes; they sound like actual songs now instead of chipped music and are a lot less prone to cause headaches (in my case). I love how on some titles/apps the music coming from the TV and gamepad are not the same, but work together to make a really nice sounding song; I actually turn the console on just for the music sometimes (I wish Miiverse music lasted way longer...).

Now I know the system is not without it's flaws. I have had to cut the power from the console a few times due to system lockups, but that's not surprising due to the systems age as of now. Give it time and let the system flourish!

I couldn't get the remote feature to work with my Insignia 32" so I haven't really messed with TVii a whole lot...  

I can't wait to try out the chat feature and get my hands on some Virtual Console titles! I never played VC on the original Wii but I think It just seems right this time around with the gamepad and all. 

Holding my breath for the Spring update! What new unannounced features do you think Nintendo will add to the system besides the obvious speed improvements and added Miiverse functionality? 

Edited by ifrit05, 05 March 2013 - 02:17 AM.

ifrit05s.png

Nintendo Network ID: ifrit05

Wii U Deluxe

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Yes the "SLOW OS" thing has been WAY overexaggerated.  i havent been frustrated by the os not once. i believe nintendo has a plan for the OS and functionality of the console that we will have to wait and see. obviously the OS isnt in its final stage and with more optimization we will see a better result but as of right now i love the Wii U OS all together.

#3 Forbsz

Forbsz

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

you know what I'm so angry about I can't play my old wii games on the gamepad and do you know how many wii games I went out and bought just because i've always hated the wiimote and thought finally I will play them on the gamepad BUT NO!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!