Photo

Why can't we comment on the Wii U Go articles on THIS SITE?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

Why do we have a section for Wii U Go articles if we aren't allowed to comment on them? Isn't the whole point of this site to discuss things about the Wii U, for example recent news?

I think it would be awesome if we could comment on the Wii U Go articles posted on this site and it would definitely generate more discussion to do with the Wii U.

I also think that if that's not going to happen we should remove the Wii U Go section from this site entirely-let people go there to check the news and comment on the articles.

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

It's the Wii U News section, not the Wii U Go section. The purpose of that specific section of this forum is to provide a one-stop spot for people to check all the latest stories from both Wii U Go and Wii U Blog. David and I want to keep the actual discussions about the writing we publish in the comment sections on the actual blogs. If you want to discuss a story, click the link at the bottom of it and leave a comment where it was first published.

If you strongly feel the need to discuss an article on the forums, you are always free to start a new topic in the Wii U section about it. That's totally cool with us, but the purpose of the Wii U News section itself is strictly to serve as a hub for the two blogs associated with the forums - one, as a convenience so people don't need to check both blogs; and two, because a surprising number of members here forgot about Wii U Go's existence, which is just a little unfair considering that I own and manage the forums they enjoy so much.

#3 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

I get what you're saying, but articles on the blogs get maybe 2 comments if you're lucky. If we could comment on the same articles here then there'd be a lot more discussion going on about the Wii U.

#4 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I agree.
No signature here....

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

It's the Wii U News section, not the Wii U Go section. The purpose of that specific section of this forum is to provide a one-stop spot for people to check all the latest stories from both Wii U Go and Wii U Blog. David and I want to keep the actual discussions about the writing we publish in the comment sections on the actual blogs. If you want to discuss a story, click the link at the bottom of it and leave a comment where it was first published.

If you strongly feel the need to discuss an article on the forums, you are always free to start a new topic in the Wii U section about it. That's totally cool with us, but the purpose of the Wii U News section itself is strictly to serve as a hub for the two blogs associated with the forums - one, as a convenience so people don't need to check both blogs; and two, because a surprising number of members here forgot about Wii U Go's existence, which is just a little unfair considering that I own and manage the forums they enjoy so much.

Hey, I still visit Wii U Go.
Anyways, I agree with Feldo here Ninjashock. If you want to discuss a piece of news, it makes more sense to start up a new topic about in the actual Wii-U section or to go to the blog then it does to comment on the article in the News article. The WiiU news section is designed to be hub for the news for convenience, not as a substitute for the blog in question. If It was Meant to be a substitute, then Why would Feld0 be running WiiUGo at the same time?

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#6 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

I agree.

This.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#7 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

The only thing I don't like about the Wii U news section is that it takes up space in the recent topics bar. As for the comments thing, I post my comments on Wii U Go anyway.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#8 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

I don't really care, but it is better for comments not to be made on the news on the forums... it takes away traffic from Wii U Go. (At least I think so...)

#9 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:05 AM

The only thing I don't like about the Wii U news section is that it takes up space in the recent topics bar. As for the comments thing, I post my comments on Wii U Go anyway.

I agree with this. Most topics get posts taken away from, because of this.
Posted Image

#10 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:47 AM

This. I don't really care though, unless it's my thread. :laugh:

Edited by nintendo3DS, 04 August 2011 - 04:47 AM.

#11 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

This. I don't really care though, unless it's my thread. :laugh:

I think you guys are exaggerating. Topics don't die because they're not in the Recent Topics widget, and saying that "most" lose posts because of it is definitely overblowing it a bit...

Allow me to introduce you to the View New Content button, at the top-right corner of the screen.

#12 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

I think you guys are exaggerating. Topics don't die because they're not in the Recent Topics widget, and saying that "most" lose posts because of it is definitely overblowing it a bit...

Allow me to introduce you to the View New Content button, at the top-right corner of the screen.

Is there any way to filter it so we don't see the "Roleplay and Forum games"?
That would make it a lot more useful :(

#13 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:13 AM

Is there any way to filter it so we don't see the "Roleplay and Forum games"?
That would make it a lot more useful :D

Do you mean on the "View New Content" page? There's several options, including one to filter by forums on the left side of the page.

#14 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

Do you mean on the "View New Content" page? There's several options, including one to filter by forums on the left side of the page.

Thank you very much :(

#15 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

Does it really matter if we take away traffic from the Wii U Go? Just asking.
Posted Image

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Yes. Yes it does.

For an e-blog/journalism traffic is EVERYTHING.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Yes. Yes it does.

For an e-blog/journalism traffic is EVERYTHING.

OK.
Posted Image

#18 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Yes, it does matter. As I understand it, Wii U Go is a for profit site, which is why it has adverts. If the traffic decreases, so does the money that the ads will generate.

#19 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Yes, it does matter. As I understand it, Wii U Go is a for profit site, which is why it has adverts. If the traffic decreases, so does the money that the ads will generate.

Thank you for a more explained explanation. :D
Posted Image

#20 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Uh......yes?

How would you feel if you owned it, but a forum leeched away all of its traffic?

Wii U Go is technically a for-profit site, and so is Wii U Forums. The idea of the ads is to pay for the site's expenses and hopefully bring in some surplus; but at the moment, I'm still having to cover about 70%-80% of the expenses out-of-pocket. They really don't make that much, unless you've got huuuuuuge traffic. I hope you can understand then why I want to leech away as little of it as possible.

On that note, non-profit sites often have ads, too. Even when they don't aim to make a profit, they've still got server bills and domain fees to cover just like any other site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!