#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

http://www.polygon.c...-wii-u-miyamoto

Very interesting read. Might mean we get to see NFC built into a lot more Nintendo games from now on along with duel gamepad support.and the fact that these games may be playable at E3 and possibly announced beforehand on another Nintendo Direct!

Edited by Penguin101, 05 March 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

NFC games = Cash-in IMO, because they generally involve buying overpriced toys.

#3 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

I still wanna see the Pokemon Trading Card Game be on Wii U with NFC Booster Packs

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

NFC Toys are a rip off.

#5 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I hope it isn't NFC toys and something really unique. Not sure what that could be but the people of thewiiu.com have good imaginations.

EDIT: How about a cheap NFC Pokeball? I don't know or something to store info on rather than using it to add content? 

Edited by Penguin101, 05 March 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#6 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

some people arent made of money, nor live near a cotton field, and im damn sure money doesnt grow from trees lol so if the nfc is just a bunch of toys, im not getting the game, and I hope to god they dont ruin some good games because of this cheap cash in trick

wa3Nq7j.png

#7 dragomix

dragomix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NNID:dragomix
  • Fandom:
    PC and Nintendo fan

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Nintendo innovates, NFC Toys are not innovation...

i expect some cards. Imagine sci-fi shooter where you have NFC ID in your hand, and when you use it you open doors, get excess to some data... 

#8 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

wii_u_gamepad_black-580x358.jpgVSWii-U-GamePad_2238667a.jpg

FIGHT!

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

I don't see why people bash NFC toys. If you don't like something then don't buy it. Simple as that. That's just one of the many uses of NFC. Nintendo will find cool ways to utilize it.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Oh my gosh, guys. Nintendo probably won't go down the cash-in road. Their not Activision. ;) 

I would also like to see a new Pokemon TCG game, with NFC cards bundled in actual TCG packs. Likre register the card, get a selection of 8 new cards.

Other ways of using the NFC could be the old Rayman Legends video, touch a heart on the sensor, and hearts will fall, like a little bonus, idk.

Stupid Snowmads!

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

http://www.polygon.c...-wii-u-miyamoto

Very interesting read. Might mean we get to see NFC built into a lot more Nintendo games from now on along with duel gamepad support.and the fact that these games may be playable at E3 and possibly announced beforehand on another Nintendo Direct!

NFC Pokemon trading card game for Wii U. Nuff' said.

I don't see why people bash NFC toys. If you don't like something then don't buy it. Simple as that. That's just one of the many uses of NFC. Nintendo will find cool ways to utilize it.

NFC chipped card would be way more practical.

Signature_DK.png

#12 blu gamepad

blu gamepad

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm not super convinced of the NPC hardware myself, but am curious what they will do with two gamepads.

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

pokimon game. monsterhunter stuff i know they are 3rd party. my gues is physical dlc pack codes. put a fegure bought in a store to show dlc, puts adds in new places and gives slight sicological effect. but that one is iffy

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

So, with NFC, does it actually have to make contact with the Gamepad, or is it sort of like a mini Bluetooth for the device?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

So, with NFC, does it actually have to make contact with the Gamepad, or is it sort of like a mini Bluetooth for the device?

Well usually you have to only press it against the card reader once. In London we have Oyster cards that use the same tech to travel, which is why I'd wish the UK got an Oyster top up service with Wii U! 

My hope is that you can create your own character, save them onto an NFC card, take them to a friend and transfer them to their game and battle it out / work in a team.

Also thinking about it I wouldn't mind a "stupid toy" game IF the actual game was free to play and came with a default character set.

Edited by Penguin101, 06 March 2013 - 05:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!