• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

Wouldn't it be awsome if MW3(Modern Warefare 3) was on the Wii U?
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

Wouldn't it be awsome if MW3(Modern Warefare 3) was on the Wii U?

No. Call of Duty is the one of the most milked franchise in all of history. A yearly release of game that barely changes any of the gameplay and forces people to spend $60 for something that equates to simple DLC. Plus, the Call of Duty games aren't even that good.
Half Life 2: Episode 3 or any other Valve game is a completely different story.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:59 AM

No. Call of Duty is the one of the most milked franchise in all of history. A yearly release of game that barely changes any of the gameplay and forces people to spend $60 for something that equates to simple DLC. Plus, the Call of Duty games aren't even that good.

True but its the very addicting online thats the best part.
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#4 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

I think it's inevitable that Call of Duty will make its way onto the Wii U at some point, whether it's Modern Warfare 3 or a completely different game in the series. There's been Call of Duty games on the Wii, so I think that the series will continue to appear on Nintendo consoles.

I don't think that it would be "awesome" though. As Lord N said, it seems to be one of the most milked franchises in the games industry and there don't seem to be any big innovations in the games. There's a lot of franchises that I would rather have on the Wii U than Call of Duty.

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

True but its the very addicting online thats the best part.

But when the newest games online is beaten by a game that is 3 years old, thats sad

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image

#7 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Posted Image

IT ain't hating if it's true. The only other Franchise that's more milked then Call Of duty is any Sports games

#8 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

I understand why you don't want a Call of Duty on Wii U, but not having it would be the dumbest thing Nintendo would ever do. Remember that if theres no Call of Duty with the best graphics, the console is for kids.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#9 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:43 PM

While I do agree that the series has gotten gradually stale (Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was very well-received by gamers), I am willing to try out Modern Warfare 3. There hasn't been any significant innovation to the franchise, but I can always count on the series to deliver entertaining popcorn-style action. As for Modern Warfare 3 heading for the Wii U, I would prefer an all-new game when Activision realizes it's time to change the formula for the series. But if they want to expand its audience, I would like some sort of a collection pack, containing all three Modern Warfare games, for the Wii U.

#10 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

I don't like shooters, so for me this would be far from awesome. Honestly I'd be happy if the Wii U was an RPG and racer machine.

#11 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

I understand why you don't want a Call of Duty on Wii U, but not having it would be the dumbest thing Nintendo would ever do. Remember that if theres no Call of Duty with the best graphics, the console is for kids.

The original Xbox had No CoD, and yet it was deemed hardcore

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

I like Call of duty but it is not my favorite franchise. My main reason for that is mostly because the single player campaigns are short. But a call of duty will come sooner or later. But i think they will not take full advantage of the console unless they stop milking the franchise the way they are doing now, which doesn't seem like it will happen soon.

Edited by zxride64, 31 July 2011 - 03:04 PM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#13 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

The original Xbox had No CoD, and yet it was deemed hardcore

That was the time when no one cared about Call of Duty.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

They really need to flesh out campaigns a lot more. I just think they script it too much, and leaves little to deviate from the path. It can open a whole host of new things, heck, change events that take place in the level (while not supplying a game over) and possibly give an entirely new mission to get through (so something like in Shadow the Hedgehog). The campaign has too much about being the ultimate hero, unlike its origins (CoD1-3) where you were just another soldier trying to get through another day.

I don't think Modern Warfare 3 is going to be on the Wii U. I think I also read somewhere that MW3 was the last CoD, but that might have just been some hater review I misinterpreted. If anything, I wouldn't feel too compelled to by a Wii U CoD unless it was specifically designed for it.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

They really need to flesh out campaigns a lot more. I just think they script it too much, and leaves little to deviate from the path. It can open a whole host of new things, heck, change events that take place in the level (while not supplying a game over) and possibly give an entirely new mission to get through (so something like in Shadow the Hedgehog). The campaign has too much about being the ultimate hero, unlike its origins (CoD1-3) where you were just another soldier trying to get through another day.

I don't think Modern Warfare 3 is going to be on the Wii U. I think I also read somewhere that MW3 was the last CoD, but that might have just been some hater review I misinterpreted. If anything, I wouldn't feel too compelled to by a Wii U CoD unless it was specifically designed for it.

From what I heard, MW3 is the last Modern Warfare game. With all the money Activision is making, I doubt MW3 will be the last CoD.
I would be saddened if it was anyway. :D

#16 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

From what I heard, MW3 is the last Modern Warfare game. With all the money Activision is making, I doubt MW3 will be the last CoD.
I would be saddened if it was anyway. :P

Why would you be sad? the game industry would actually be a lot better if CoD died. Too many Devs are forced to make CoD clones, and then they get shut down

#17 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Why would you be sad? the game industry would actually be a lot better if CoD died. Too many Devs are forced to make CoD clones, and then they get shut down

alright
we get it
you don't like call of duty

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Just leave Nintendo 3DS alone, if he likes CoD he likes CoD, nothing bad about it.
And I doubt Devs are forced to make CoD clones, that they chose to make CoD clones is another thing.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Just leave Nintendo 3DS alone, if he likes CoD he likes CoD, nothing bad about it.
And I doubt Devs are forced to make CoD clones, that they chose to make CoD clones is another thing.

Some companies see the giant bags of money that Call of Duty makes and force there studios to make a game exactly like it, only for it to fail. And I'm not bothering Nintendo 3DS. I only do this because he continues to claim that Call of Duty innovates

#20 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

lolwut.
There are other, better shooters, Though I have nothing against CoD.
No signature here....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!