Photo

What happened to Aliens Colonial Marines?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

I'm hoping it's dead in a ditch somewhere with Randy Pitchford burrying it, before getting caught by the local sherif, and then he kills the sherif and is a man now hunted by the law for tripple homicide, murder of the sherif, murder of a game, and murder of a franchise (but let's face it there are MULTIPLE suspects for that one).

However this thread is more of a theoroy page on what happened to the Wii U version.

My theory is that the Wii U version wasn't even made to begin with. The fiasco at Gearbox probably only just managed to get the PC and PS360 versions out on time. I reckon they hadn't even started on the Wii U version because Randy Pitchford is a god damn lying son of a ************ so with a game that didn't even begin development, and the fact that everyone knows the game SUCKS WRETCHED MONKEY TESTICALS Sega dropped the Wii U version (we dodged a bullet people! probably one of the only times NOT having a a game on your console goes for plus points in getting one) as no-one would buy it.

That's my theory on what's happened. The only way I see this getting resolved is if they basically build the game again from the ground up, with a new plot and with a different development company who can be trusted not to spend dev money on other projects.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Sega has stated its not dead and will launch before the end of this month( Wii U launch period). another rumor stated Wii U version wont be a flaming mess the other version were and that its the superior graphical version... so we will see soon enough.  

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

I'm hoping it's dead in a ditch somewhere with Randy Pitchford burrying it, before getting caught by the local sherif, and then he kills the sherif and is a man now hunted by the law for tripple homicide, murder of the sherif, murder of a game, and murder of a franchise (but let's face it there are MULTIPLE suspects for that one).

However this thread is more of a theoroy page on what happened to the Wii U version.

My theory is that the Wii U version wasn't even made to begin with. The fiasco at Gearbox probably only just managed to get the PC and PS360 versions out on time. I reckon they hadn't even started on the Wii U version because Randy Pitchford is a god damn lying son of a ************ so with a game that didn't even begin development, and the fact that everyone knows the game SUCKS WRETCHED MONKEY TESTICALS Sega dropped the Wii U version (we dodged a bullet people! probably one of the only times NOT having a a game on your console goes for plus points in getting one) as no-one would buy it.

That's my theory on what's happened. The only way I see this getting resolved is if they basically build the game again from the ground up, with a new plot and with a different development company who can be trusted not to spend dev money on other projects.

Aren't you overreacting a bit. It seems like you have anger inside you towards Sega and Gearbox. Its unwarranted in my opinion especially as its only a game and there are far more important things in this world. If the Wii U version gets released and its good then all well and good. If its released and poor or not released at all then so be it. Its not worth getting so upset over. There are and will be other quality games to play.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

We will have to wait and see - my local gamestop told me they canceled every ones pre-orders because the game isn't being released anymore. Thats one of many stories I've heard...so who knows.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

gearbox unloaded development onto another studio. at the time of the unload the wiiU version was suposinly doing more than the other versions(with the exception of framerate do to some leaks). best case senario is the wiiU developer saw how bad it sucked so tried to fix it. worst case is it had a smaller team so fell behind in development.  

#6 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Waste of software if you ask me.

#7 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

It was most certainly on Wii U because in the dev interview at E3 they showed it

It's been delayed indefinently tho

I think it should be pushed back until at least August so that all of the DlC packs will be released and they can be included on the disc for us, along with PC assets in game and little to no issues

Edited by EVO, 09 March 2013 - 08:55 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#8 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

It was most certainly on Wii U because in the dev interview at E3 they showed it

It's been delayed indefinently tho

I think it should be pushed back until at least August so that all of the DlC packs will be released and they can be included on the disc for us, along with PC assets in game and little to no issues

To much to ask for since the console isn't selling well.

2lvmghw.png

#9 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I don't think Sega are the guilty party here. Gearbox appears to have screwed them over by taking their money and using that money for other projects. The aliens game looks to be under-developed and very weak compared to other gearbox games. The wii u doesn't need this game if it will be to the same standard as the other formats.

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

To much to ask for since the console isn't selling well.

:-\ That statement, although is true for now, wont be once games start to be released.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#11 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

i have this on rental from lovefilm on xbox and it really is pap ai is just plain dumb textures are bad the story is non existent and the characters are not likeable in the least dissapointment personified.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I hope this version never comes out. I was actually looking forward to this game a lot, and I always used it to defend the Wii U, saying that the developer was going to make this the best looking version. Even if they use PC Assets it wouldn't matter, because the PC version apparently doesn't even run with DX9 until someone modded the game.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Colonial Marines cancelled.

http://www.escapistm...arines-on-Wii-U