Photo

If you were the boss of Nintendo, how would you reply to this letter?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

Im 34 yrs old and ive always had nintendo, ive never owned any other brand. I do play xbox, and ps3 but as a buisness you guys at nintendo will always get my vote for inovation and the most amazing gameing moments ever and for that, i think of nintendo as an old friend. So i hope as friends you can be honest with me :) i loved the wii, even my friends love it (galaxy, no more heros, wii sports especialy), but as a gamer i wasnt buying anything like what my friend were, (i refused to by cheap mini games) every week they had a new game, so when you anounced wiiu with HD graphics and the controler i thought "finaly", then you showed a list of games and i was hooked, ive never played battlefield and when i saw it listed i was sold. (Now before anyone says its craap, i want to judge it for myself, thats what makes games great, wanting it, then playing it at home) Ive heard its bin canned, but ive just spent, $350 on wiiu. Now as friends, and you are, please tell me if this is gonna happen a lot, i love wii u but im a gamer and ive also got to buy a bluray player as my old one broke so its very expensive. I respect you guys always but what should i do? If there are some amazing cross platform games coming, and all the big devs are going to support wiiu, then cool as i get the best of both worlds, but honestly, in a year im i going to be walking in the game shop with my friends and walking out empty handed again? If so maybe this generation i should go elsewheere? im not rich and i cant have 2 consoles. I will never abandon nintendo and i love my 3ds, but i need a blu ray and i need to know if im gonna get the software you promised and the range, its perfectly ok if you guys took a gamble and it didnt pay off, i love that about nintendo and thats why you know you can pull off the ultimate console, i hope the wii u is it, but hey, if it aint, so what, but as friends, just let me know. Thanks guys x

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

POPULAR

"Hi there,

I'd like to thank you for your interest in Nintendo. Unfortunately we cannot predict the future.

Sincerely 

Satoru Iwata

CEO of Nintendo Co. Ltd."

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

" Hello there,

Yes...buy a Wii U....OR I WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY!!!

Sincerely

Satoru Iwata

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

"Hi there,

wii U has no games.

Sincerely 

Satoru Iwata

794144.png?13383682

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry but I don't read a wall of text. If you resend that letter but broken down to readable paragraphs then I will respond to you.

Sincerely 

Satoru Iwata

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

I would ask him to send in his receipt for his WiiU & i would refund him the money he has spent & apologies for the mistakes Nintendo has made.

#7 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

I would ask him to send in his receipt for his WiiU & i would refund him the money he has spent & apologies for the mistakes Nintendo has made.

yeah....no.  You seem to be in a sour mood today.

#8 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

yeah....no.  You seem to be in a sour mood today.

Just feeling sorry for buying a WiiU at the moment, i want some dam games to play on it  :angry:

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Just feeling sorry for buying a WiiU at the moment, i want some dam games to play on it  :angry:

I know that feel bro.

Though I did just recently pick up BLOPSII, and what do you know, it's actually pretty good.  I had very low expectations, but I've been playing it every night, haven't been this interested in a shooter since Halo 2.

#10 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

need for speed is out tomorrow :)

#11 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

need for speed is out tomorrow :)

i know i have it on order.

not out here until the 22nd though.

Edited by alan666, 14 March 2013 - 01:38 PM.

#12 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

i know i have it on order.

not out here until the 22nd though

bummer lol just hope its worth the wait :)

#13 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

bummer lol just hope its worth the wait :)

so do i.

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Hello

We are getting freaking Watch Dogs, even we didn't see that coming o_O

Sincerely 

Satoru Iwata

#15 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Honestly I spent over $400 on games, and I'm finding a perfect amount to keep me busy (Even though it's mainly ACIII). I'm not feeling the drought, besides not any more games to buy until Most Wanted U, Lego City.

How as Nintendo would respond would most likely be:

"Thank you for contacting us at Nintendo of ___________, we are glad you are enjoying you Nintendo Wii U System. Unfortunately we have no answer to your question at this time."

Yep. Really you can't expect much from a corporate email, their pretty much forced to send generic emails. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#16 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

"Hello,

i lol @ grammar 2

Good bye"

- Satoru Iwata

But for realz, how do you think they would respond?

"Keep your Wii U, we have plenty of announced games on the way such as Windwaker, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Watchdogs...

Plus plenty of others that haven't been announced yet.  So brah, don't get dat Bluray. POKEMON SNAP

#17 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

"Sorry, but here at Nintendo, we believe in connecting our customers better. Handwritten pieces are no longer the future. We wish to combine social networking into practical uses for our clients. Feel free to drop us a shout on the Miiverse system, and we'll get Marty to respond to your stone age request as soon as possible. He gets paid in coconuts!" *Obligatory Iwata Laugh*

Yours as sincerely as a 3AM overtime worker can get

Satoru Iwata: Womaniser, Secret Agent, Mastermind

P.S. Are you a hot girl? If so, can I haz number?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#18 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

"Hey there,

Bro your body isn't ready. Careful because Reggie's gonna rock it.

Sincerely,

Satoru Iwata
Posted Image

#19 Alii

Alii

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • NNID:zangoose
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing / Kirby / Pokemon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Nintendo Team.

small_zpsfe204a57.jpg

#20 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

Im 34 yrs old and ive always had nintendo, ive never owned any other brand. I do play xbox, and ps3 but as a buisness you guys at nintendo will always get my vote for inovation and the most amazing gameing moments ever and for that, i think of nintendo as an old friend. So i hope as friends you can be honest with me :) i loved the wii, even my friends love it (galaxy, no more heros, wii sports especialy), but as a gamer i wasnt buying anything like what my friend were, (i refused to by cheap mini games) every week they had a new game, so when you anounced wiiu with HD graphics and the controler i thought "finaly", then you showed a list of games and i was hooked, ive never played battlefield and when i saw it listed i was sold. (Now before anyone says its craap, i want to judge it for myself, thats what makes games great, wanting it, then playing it at home) Ive heard its bin canned, but ive just spent, $350 on wiiu. Now as friends, and you are, please tell me if this is gonna happen a lot, i love wii u but im a gamer and ive also got to buy a bluray player as my old one broke so its very expensive. I respect you guys always but what should i do? If there are some amazing cross platform games coming, and all the big devs are going to support wiiu, then cool as i get the best of both worlds, but honestly, in a year im i going to be walking in the game shop with my friends and walking out empty handed again? If so maybe this generation i should go elsewheere? im not rich and i cant have 2 consoles. I will never abandon nintendo and i love my 3ds, but i need a blu ray and i need to know if im gonna get the software you promised and the range, its perfectly ok if you guys took a gamble and it didnt pay off, i love that about nintendo and thats why you know you can pull off the ultimate console, i hope the wii u is it, but hey, if it aint, so what, but as friends, just let me know. Thanks guys x

Hello,

First, I would like to thank you of your support for Nintnedo. And I fully understand your concern for the Wii U console. All I can ask is to please be patient. More games will come. Just give it time. We at Nintendo are doing everything we can to make sure that every Wii U console purchase is worth the investment.

Sincerely,

Satoru Iwata

CEO of Nintendo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!