• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Like 3DS Buzz has?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#2 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't know if it's worth having one just yet though. There haven't been many Wii U games announced yet, and there isn't much information on the ones that have been. It would be great to have a wiki after E3 2012 though. If there is ever a Wii U Go Wiki, I'd be up for being an editor.

#3 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

I haven't had much experience with 3DS Buzz Wiki and though it's a truly great concept it sort of fails if people don't contribute to it. Looking at two pages Beyond the Labyrinth and Heroes of Ruin no one has put any information in about these games. If people are willing to contribute to a Wii U wiki then yes, it definitely could be a good thing.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#4 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

I've definitely been considering a wiki, but I'm not sure I'd want it to be a core feature of Wii U Go itself. I am going to introduce a Wii U game database together with the new Xenos theme which would be functionally similar to 3DS Buzz's game hubs (though much more elegant for site staff in the backend), but I want to maintain high quality and editorial oversight in the game descriptions that'll include. Most likely, we're going to have a dedicated staff member maintaining it. With a wiki, it literally takes three clicks for anyone to royally screw up the entire game page.

Another thing about a wiki is that it takes an awful lot of work to run and maintain it. I, for one, would not be able to do it. Someone else would have to take the reins of "Wiki Administrator" and manage a hypothetical Wii U wiki.

So, basically, if I start a wiki, it'll be a separate site from Wii U Go and someone else will be responsible for its day-to-day activities. I would be willing to host it and pay for its expenses, but I cannot actually run it (do remember that I'm still 16 and in school).

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

I've definitely been considering a wiki, but I'm not sure I'd want it to be a core feature of Wii U Go itself. I am going to introduce a Wii U game database together with the new Xenos theme which would be functionally similar to 3DS Buzz's game hubs (though much more elegant for site staff in the backend), but I want to maintain high quality and editorial oversight in the game descriptions that'll include. Most likely, we're going to have a dedicated staff member maintaining it. With a wiki, it literally takes three clicks for anyone to royally screw up the entire game page.

Another thing about a wiki is that it takes an awful lot of work to run and maintain it. I, for one, would not be able to do it. Someone else would have to take the reins of "Wiki Administrator" and manage a hypothetical Wii U wiki.

So, basically, if I start a wiki, it'll be a separate site from Wii U Go and someone else will be responsible for its day-to-day activities. I would be willing to host it and pay for its expenses, but I cannot actually run it (do remember that I'm still 16 and in school).

I wouldn't mind doing something like this. My only problem would be when to start it. WE really have no list of confirmed games coming out for the system

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#6 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

I wouldn't mind doing something like this. My only problem would be when to start it. WE really have no list of confirmed games coming out for the system

Batman: Arkham City
Metro: Last Light
Lego City Stories
Darksiders II
Tekken Wii U
etc etc

These are all confirmed aren't they?

http://e3.nintendo.c...video/HW_sizzle
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#7 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:20 PM

I wouldn't mind being some sort of 'Admin's Assistant' or something. I actually have a little bit of experience with Wiki admining, so I could help out with some of the easier things.

Plus my growing (Though still very limited T.T) Japanese skills could come in handy :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

I don't think reading Anime Subs count as Japanese skills, Wertville... lol derp.

I can think of a few pages you could have, like one for the major people (like Feld0 for being the boss and Ruthie for writing stuff), an article hub (I guess), and the world's biggest Yoshi fandom page.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

I don't think reading Anime Subs count as Japanese skills, Wertville... lol derp.

I can think of a few pages you could have, like one for the major people (like Feld0 for being the boss and Ruthie for writing stuff), an article hub (I guess), and the world's biggest Yoshi fandom page.

What if those subs are in Japanese? :(
(Seriously, though, I know around 600 Kanji atm; That's just over 1/4th of how many you need to know to be considered literate!
I'll most certainly be finished with Kanji and have moved onto sentences when the WiiU launches :D)

Honestly, I think the first three pages we need are a list of companies that show support (Pages for the big ones like Square-Enix), a list of confirmed details about the WiiU and a list of Rumored/Speculated/Stated by third party specs about the WiiU. After that we should add pages for all of the confirmed games, then a list of games that might come to the system.

As for a page on Feld0 and Ruthie... I think it would be better to stick all of them into a single page called 'WiiUForums', along with similar details about the community, because they're not too important to the WiiUniverse (SeewhatIdidthere?). As for Yoshi Fandom page... Not on the main Wiki, but perhaps we could have some sort of section/tag devoted to less serious things, like the 'Sugar Wiki' on TvTropes and the 'D for Dwarf' pages on Dwarf Fortress wiki.

We don't want someone who wants information on Arkham City accidentally stumbling on a page about Yoshi anatomy, now do we? :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#10 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:59 AM

What if those subs are in Japanese? :)
(Seriously, though, I know around 600 Kanji atm; That's just over 1/4th of how many you need to know to be considered literate!
I'll most certainly be finished with Kanji and have moved onto sentences when the WiiU launches :P)

Honestly, I think the first three pages we need are a list of companies that show support (Pages for the big ones like Square-Enix), a list of confirmed details about the WiiU and a list of Rumored/Speculated/Stated by third party specs about the WiiU. After that we should add pages for all of the confirmed games, then a list of games that might come to the system.

As for a page on Feld0 and Ruthie... I think it would be better to stick all of them into a single page called 'WiiUForums', along with similar details about the community, because they're not too important to the WiiUniverse (SeewhatIdidthere?). As for Yoshi Fandom page... Not on the main Wiki, but perhaps we could have some sort of section/tag devoted to less serious things, like the 'Sugar Wiki' on TvTropes and the 'D for Dwarf' pages on Dwarf Fortress wiki.

We don't want someone who wants information on Arkham City accidentally stumbling on a page about Yoshi anatomy, now do we? ;)

I really like your ideas so far :(, I think a wiki would be a good idea if someone was willing to put a lot of time an effort into it, Like Feld0 already mentioned it would be a very time consuming job.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#11 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

I'd find it great if they'd have a wiki.

I wouldn't be of much help, but I can still check 1 or 2 things and correct some grammar mistakes, but I won't be of much help otherwise...

#12 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

I wouldn't mind having a Wii U Go wiki. Although I don't think I would be good at writing articles and things, like off of 3DSbuzz.

#13 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

I wouldn't mind having a Wii U Go wiki. Although I don't think I would be good at writing articles and things, like off of 3DSbuzz.

People like you and me can only read the articles and edit the mistakes (if any) in them. Other than that, we're pretty much useless :(

#14 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

It would be quite a good thing if done right.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

People like you and me can only read the articles and edit the mistakes (if any) in them. Other than that, we're pretty much useless :P

Sadly, I'm in the same boat.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Sadly, I'm in the same boat.

I hope the boat is soon full, so that they'll have to go to the "Wiki Article writers" boat XD

#17 0003mg

0003mg

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Fandom:
    Way too many to list

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

I say wait until more games are announced. There should be a boat load at E3 2012.

#18 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

I say wait until more games are announced. There should be a boat load at E3 2012.

Which is why we would want to get the system set up, and announced games prepared...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#19 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Which is why we would want to get the system set up, and announced games prepared...

Wertville, you mentioned you had some experience with wikis. Exactly how much would that be? I set up a test install of MediaWiki some time ago, and could not figure out how to create an infobox. :blush:

#20 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Wertville, you mentioned you had some experience with wikis. Exactly how much would that be? I set up a test install of MediaWiki some time ago, and could not figure out how to create an infobox. :blush:

I'm an admin for a small Wikia wiki :P
Nothing much ever came of it, but it was still a fun experience :)

I'm actually not sure how much I did with it... I'm pretty sure quite a bit of it was automated. I'll look into MediaWiki, though, and see what I can figure out. I've got a lot of time, so could probably get a decent grasp of it before school starts on the 9th.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!