• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Consumerist has nominated video game giant EA as the worst company in America for the second year running. EA is pitted against notable companies such as Google and Facebook to win a Golden Poo award. EA took the crown last year as the worst company in America, so it will be interesting to see just how they will fare this time around. Who would you say is the worst company in America in 2013?

Source: http://mynintendonew...d-year-running/

LMAO, if you ask me they deserve it, I don't agree boycotting games but for EA I make an exception, I don't want to them to have my hard earned cash to be honest, I've never partiually been a fan of them it started with Mass Effect 3 it was knowhere near as good as the first two, it was so linear, most of the RPG elements were gone. Then I sold my Xbox 360 to get a Wii U, Mass Effect Trillogy was not coming to Wii U but 3 was and it's not even supported with DLC, we have just found out that Need For Speed Most Wanted will not be supported with DLC either, and there always on DRM is getting ridiculous, So yes I am boycotting EA as there are for me alternatives to their games, Mass Effect 3? Just get Deus Ex Human Revolution Directers Cut. Need For Speed Most Wanted U? Just get Project Cars later this year, and might I say that game looks gorgeous. If you ask me EA deserve what they get, instead of great companies we like going under they should go under and have all of their games auctioned off to publishers that care, SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLETS PEOPLE!!!!! Don't buy EA trash!

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

2012, definitly, 2013, i want to see how the new CEO thing plays out first.

as for ME3, with what i heard about it, i expected more, but it still was overall good. then i found something saying they tried to contain the masseffect story for future games... i would have went all out, with virtualy no event except the beggining manditory, 

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

Consumerist has nominated video game giant EA as the worst company in America for the second year running. EA is pitted against notable companies such as Google and Facebook to win a Golden Poo award. EA took the crown last year as the worst company in America, so it will be interesting to see just how they will fare this time around. Who would you say is the worst company in America in 2013?
Source: http://mynintendonew...d-year-running/
LMAO, if you ask me they deserve it, I don't agree boycotting games but for EA I make an exception, I don't want to them to have my hard earned cash to be honest, I've never partiually been a fan of them it started with Mass Effect 3 it was knowhere near as good as the first two, it was so linear, most of the RPG elements were gone. Then I sold my Xbox 360 to get a Wii U, Mass Effect Trillogy was not coming to Wii U but 3 was and it's not even supported with DLC, we have just found out that Need For Speed Most Wanted will not be supported with DLC either, and there always on DRM is getting ridiculous, So yes I am boycotting EA as there are for me alternatives to their games, Mass Effect 3? Just get Deus Ex Human Revolution Directers Cut. Need For Speed Most Wanted U? Just get Project Cars later this year, and might I say that game looks gorgeous. If you ask me EA deserve what they get, instead of great companies we like going under they should go under and have all of their games auctioned off to publishers that care, SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLETS PEOPLE!!!!! Don't buy EA trash!

I would love to boycot EA, but you need to remember that EA is just a publisher. They don't make any games. All boycotting them does is hurt the developers that put all their heart into making games. As much as I can't stand EA and their business practices, if it weren't for them then a lot of good games may never get published. Let's hope the new CEO recognizes the problems. On that note...they definitely deserve the award.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Tricky Sonic, on 20 Mar 2013 - 13:04, said:I would love to boycot EA, but you need to remember that EA is just a publisher. They don't make any games. All boycotting them does is hurt the developers that put all their heart into making games. As much as I can't stand EA and their business practices, if it weren't for them then a lot of good games may never get published. Let's hope the new CEO recognizes the problems. On that note...they definitely deserve the award.

While I understand your point I don't agree with it, quite frankly EA don't give a sh!t about you or me or anyone else for that matter, all they care about is the money in their pockets that money speaks volumes, if they don't get it they might realise what they are doing wrong, but if you keep buying their games all your doing is feeding the habit and keeping them cushy. Yes I understand they own very talented studios but just like the THQ auction I'm sure they would get picked up if EA went under, what you've got to understand is the big corporate CEO's at EA are business men NOT gamers and they don't understand, buy buying EA's games and feeding the habbit all people are doing is making the gaming industry worse because they will get the mindset that they can get away with it, which quite frankly they are doing.

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

While I understand your point I don't agree with it, quite frankly EA don't give a sh!t about you or me or anyone else for that matter, all they care about is the money in their pockets that money speaks volumes, if they don't get it they might realise what they are doing wrong, but if you keep buying their games all your doing is feeding the habit and keeping them cushy. Yes I understand they own very talented studios but just like the THQ auction I'm sure they would get picked up if EA went under, what you've got to understand is the big corporate CEO's at EA are business men NOT gamers and they don't understand, buy buying EA's games and feeding the habbit all people are doing is making the gaming industry worse because they will get the mindset that they can get away with it, which quite frankly they are doing.

I don't disagree with you, it's just like BioWare has been one of my favorite developers for years before EA picked them up. I'm not letting them ruin my enjoyment for BioWare games.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

Tricky Sonic, on 20 Mar 2013 - 14:20, said:I don't disagree with you, it's just like BioWare has been one of my favorite developers for years before EA picked them up. I'm not letting them ruin my enjoyment for BioWare games.

I understand the feeling I loved Bioware and Mass Effect but because of EA I gave them all up, sometimes for good things to happen really bad things must first come to pass, I'm now sitting with my popcorn and waiting for companies like EA and Activision to dissapear off the face of the Earth, I know it sounds terrible but I'm willing to put money on the fact that the industry will be much better off without them.

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

I understand the feeling I loved Bioware and Mass Effect but because of EA I gave them all up, sometimes for good things to happen really bad things must first come to pass, I'm now sitting with my popcorn and waiting for companies like EA and Activision to dissapear off the face of the Earth, I know it sounds terrible but I'm willing to put money on the fact that the industry will be much better off without them.

Honestly the way things are moving towards , with Indie developers and digital formats....the days of needing publishers like EA are slowly going away.
Posted Image

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

They aren't releasing the dlc yet because they are judging the sales to see if it's worth it. This is the first big budget third party game to show what the Wii U can do. For that reason, I'm going to get it when I get a Wii U (which is hopefully soon), because I want to try to support as many third party companies as I can. I held back on buying Assassin's Creed 3, Darksiders 2, Black Ops 2, and Batman Arkham City on my xbox because I want to show that Nintendo fans care about third party titles. Whenever Nintendo fans talk about good third party games on the Wii, they mention hames like Madworld, No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, etc. However, all of those games sold badly. Same with the Operation Rainfall games: people wanted these games for years, yet not everyone who signed the petition got the games. Xenoblade did ok, but The Last Story did badly, and so will Pandora's Tower (which I'm going to get). Most Nintendo fans talk about how their systems have good third party games, but they usually never put their money where their mouth is. How many times have you seen, "you buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games; everything else is a bonus"? THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!

Sorry for that rant...I had to get it out of my system.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 20 March 2013 - 12:14 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EA, Golden Poo Award, Yearly Award, Anual, Gaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!