• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Ernitis
  • Fandom:
    Kao the Kangaroo

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

That's very honest of you. 

Thank you! :)

Hello! My name is Kao and I am a Kangaroo! If you can see my kicking picture there, you can see me riding one of mine friends! I am quite popular in the area because I saved alot of animals turning in to women accsesories. It was quite painfull on the way, but I liked the experience! I plan on buying a plane with all my money I got and going on an adventure on the isles. My first adventure was when that Mcguffin Hunter cought me, but I escaped, and I don't want to let any animal in pain! What's your story, mate?

-Kao the kangaroo

#22 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

where do i even begin....

so many issues with mature games, but the number 1 problems starts with morality.

imo, certain things just shouldn't be in games, 18+ or not, but these days, nothing is immoral or iinappropriate in fact, the goal is to be as much as possible.

2nd, why are there SO MANY of these kind of games, "realistic violence" has been placed over "creative unique fun". this i why i hate shooters, because the only thing these developers advance in, is more weapons, more maps for the weapons, and the graphics/visuals of the weapons and their explosions. 

the next problem is the mindset of people, those who feel like they're "too mature" to play kiddie games. That's just non-sense, I'm 24yrs old, I CAN PLAY WHATEVER I SPEND MY MONEY ON!

#23 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

where do i even begin....

so many issues with mature games, but the number 1 problems starts with morality.

imo, certain things just shouldn't be in games, 18+ or not, but these days, nothing is immoral or iinappropriate in fact, the goal is to be as much as possible.

2nd, why are there SO MANY of these kind of games, "realistic violence" has been placed over "creative unique fun". this i why i hate shooters, because the only thing these developers advance in, is more weapons, more maps for the weapons, and the graphics/visuals of the weapons and their explosions. 

the next problem is the mindset of people, those who feel like they're "too mature" to play kiddie games. That's just non-sense, I'm 24yrs old, I CAN PLAY WHATEVER I SPEND MY MONEY ON!

Not only that, but those games are marketed directly at children with the mature rating.  Nothing makes a kid want a game more than "you can't play that until you're older".  Worked with me with Mortal Kombat.  "Kiddie games" actually refers to the games that are designed to teach children something, whether a moral lesson, or help with schoolwork.  Most of the games that some people classify as "kiddie" do not fit that description, and are actually marketed toward a more mature gaming crowd, whether based on the longevity, difficulty, or nostalgia of the game or IP that wouldn't attract kids to play them for the most part.  Those games are labeled "kiddie" because they have a less than photorealistic art style, or feature children as characters.  

#24 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

Not only that, but those games are marketed directly at children with the mature rating.  Nothing makes a kid want a game more than "you can't play that until you're older".  Worked with me with Mortal Kombat.  "Kiddie games" actually refers to the games that are designed to teach children something, whether a moral lesson, or help with schoolwork.  Most of the games that some people classify as "kiddie" do not fit that description, and are actually marketed toward a more mature gaming crowd, whether based on the longevity, difficulty, or nostalgia of the game or IP that wouldn't attract kids to play them for the most part.  Those games are labeled "kiddie" because they have a less than photorealistic art style, or feature children as characters.  

So true about Mortal Kombat. 

This article sums the problem up 

http://www.guardian....odern-warfare-3

"Every soldier in every game I've ever played is a dick. A dick that sounds like a 14-year-old boy reading dialogue discarded from an old-school Schwarzenegger action movie for displaying too much swagger. They seem like a bunch of try-hard bell-ends, desperate to highlight their gruff masculinity. What, exactly, are they overcompensating for?"

#25 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I'm 20, I have Assassin's Creed and Pokemon gaming days, and I'm not ashamed to say it I LOVE POKEMON JUST AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER GAME, I'VE ALSO BEEN WATCHING DRAGONBALL, Z, GT SINCE I WAS 7, I STILL WATCH IT TODAY AND HAVE ALL THE DVDS AND HAVE MARATHON DAYS WITH COOKIES AND MILK WITH ALCOHOL ON THE EVENING. COME AT ME HATERS!!!!!!!!!

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

So true about Mortal Kombat. 

This article sums the problem up 

http://www.guardian....odern-warfare-3

"Every soldier in every game I've ever played is a dick. A dick that sounds like a 14-year-old boy reading dialogue discarded from an old-school Schwarzenegger action movie for displaying too much swagger. They seem like a bunch of try-hard bell-ends, desperate to highlight their gruff masculinity. What, exactly, are they overcompensating for?"

Awesome article, and quite poignant.  There is nothing hardcore about these games, they are a series of button presses and reticle movements veiled in overblown masculinity that appeals to a wider audience than something more challenging or thought provoking.  It's both the accessibility and tone that actually invite more casual gamers to those games than anything else.  The so called "hardcore" crowd are diluting themselves so they don't have to face the fact that they are actually casual gamers.

Real hardcore gamers want challenge and reward (not the trophy rewards, achievement is a feeling the game should give you, if you have to be told you achieved something, the game failed at providing real achievement).

I tried playing the Campaign on BLOPS2, I couldn't stand it at all.  The multiplayer is fun and challenging, because you are playing against other people.  Halo campaigns always succeeded in sucking me into the story and wanting to know more about the universe, COD not so much, nor BF, nor Gears, the list goes on.  

#27 Mr_Joker

Mr_Joker

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Okami, Paper Mario

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I think it would be better suited to label this topic as: "What defines hardcore?"  While I completely agree with everything you said aside from a few flaws in your statement, I think by naming the topic what you did  kinda blurs your point a little bit.  My thoughts on this topic are ppl nowadays tend throw the words "hardcore" and "mature" around using their own warped definition without really understanding what the words themselves actually mean or what type of gamer they pertain to, as well as only using them when they want to troll .  For instance some ppl only use the words "hardcore" when it comes to graphical capability and how much blood is in the particular franchise they're partial to.  I've also seen mature used the same way,yet we all know what it means when that rating is on a game, so I'm not really going to get in to that.  Ppl don't really seem to understand that graphical finesse and extreme violence aren't what make a game "hardcore", nor does that categorize them as a "hardcore gamer" for only playing those particular games.  This has been a small problem for a while, but as games have become more mainstream this problem has turned into a full blown epidemic poisoning the gaming community as a whole and slowly but surely steering it towards disaster.  The reason things are gong the way they are going right now with devs just rehashing the same thing over and over with prettier graphics is because most of them are too afraid to take chances and make more imaginative innovative games the way they did back before horsepower and graphical finesse were such a BIG deal like they are today.  And like you said while the blood and violence elicits an M rating the over all feel of the game does seem to target the more immature minds out there.  I could go on, but this getting a bit long lol sorry guys, hopefully I at least got some of my point across. 

Street Dreams Ent.

#28 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I think it would be better suited to label this topic as: "What defines hardcore?"  While I completely agree with everything you said aside from a few flaws in your statement, I think by naming the topic what you did  kinda blurs your point a little bit.  My thoughts on this topic are ppl nowadays tend throw the words "hardcore" and "mature" around using their own warped definition without really understanding what the words themselves actually mean or what type of gamer they pertain to, as well as only using them when they want to troll .  For instance some ppl only use the words "hardcore" when it comes to graphical capability and how much blood is in the particular franchise they're partial to.  I've also seen mature used the same way,yet we all know what it means when that rating is on a game, so I'm not really going to get in to that.  Ppl don't really seem to understand that graphical finesse and extreme violence aren't what make a game "hardcore", nor does that categorize them as a "hardcore gamer" for only playing those particular games.  This has been a small problem for a while, but as games have become more mainstream this problem has turned into a full blown epidemic poisoning the gaming community as a whole and slowly but surely steering it towards disaster.  The reason things are gong the way they are going right now with devs just rehashing the same thing over and over with prettier graphics is because most of them are too afraid to take chances and make more imaginative innovative games the way they did back before horsepower and graphical finesse were such a BIG deal like they are today.  And like you said while the blood and violence elicits an M rating the over all feel of the game does seem to target the more immature minds out there.  I could go on, but this getting a bit long lol sorry guys, hopefully I at least got some of my point across. 

Awesome first post, welcome!

This applies here:

Edited by routerbad, 26 March 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#29 Mr_Joker

Mr_Joker

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Okami, Paper Mario

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Awesome first post, welcome!

Lol thanks man, I've been a member for awhile, but I kinda forgot about it and just remembered today. :-)  

Street Dreams Ent.

#30 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

theres no such thing as "mature gaming" its made up.

That would be like saying, mature moive watching exists. Or mature music listening XD

Signature_Fox.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!