Photo

I am creating a media/application system for Wii U and want help/support.

web applications free

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 encompass

encompass

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Greatings all.

I got a Wii U last year for christmas and was suprised how good the browser was!  As a professional in web applications I right away wanted to start pushing the browser as far as I could.

There were a few limits here and there but I think have have all the kinks ironed out and have other ways of getting around issues I have seen.  The biggest being the video and audio codecs.

I am going to begin developing a website specifically for media playback and webapps just for the Wii U.

Some ideas, and I would love to hear more of them:

* Playlists and playback of a Video and Audio collection.

* Screensavers for room ambience (Fireplace, Aquarium, etc...)

* Alarmclocks of various kinds.

* Facebook and Twitter apps.

* News Feeds

* Chatings applicatons.

* Webbased Gaming

* Countdown timers

* Dropbox Integration

There is A LOT we can do.  It's just a matter of getting support from the community.

* I can devote my evenings to developing the backend.

* I need someone who can do the design and UX of the website. (I can do it, but it's not possible because of time.)  I can implement HTML of images if required.

* I need testers.  People who can really commit some time.

If it gets far enough, I hope to make this an application we can give to world for enhancing the Wii U experience.  I am thinking if I can develop 50% of the way there, I will put up a kickstarter project to make the application not only online, but as an app in the eShop on the Wii U for even more capabilities.

Who's with me?

Any other ideas?

Today I figured out the last part.  Easily converting audio files to a playable format for the player.  Click here: http://80.75.99.232/test.m4a it's a test song I put up just to see if it works. The link may vanish as it is my test server.  If I can do this, I should be able to do very rich content you can use in your home on your Wii U.  Could even make it so you can store your media on the site and have it for playback on the U when ever you like.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

I wont have the time to actually help much, but ill support you, we need more html5 services.

Good luck.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

https://gdc2013.nint...com/sign_up.php
You should try to get their Web Framework kit, might help without the kickstarter.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

For some other ideas, what about a weather app or a shopping app for places like Amazon and Ebay? Also I sadly don't have time to help you, but I'll support since this is a really awesome idea. Good luck!

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#5 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Good luck, sounds cool.
No sig.

#6 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Unfortunately I have no skills in the field, however I wish the best of luck to you, quite an ambitious project! Keep up the good work

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Aww if I was a bit older and had time on my hands I would have helped you, but unfortunately it's not the case... Sorry :o

Posted Image

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Wow I just listned to the audio file you put up sounds awesome!

#9 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

What exactly would you need for help? Like would we have to be there with you and everything? Cause I would help as much as I can from my college dorm if i could do anything.  Cause this is really cool! I hope everything goes good, you have my support!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: web, applications, free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!