• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Here is what I think . We are in a transition phase for gaming .if the ps4 and the new Xbox where out they would be waiting for games just like us on the wii u . Nintendo is making it easy for people to wait and see what the other systems come up with. We have a wii pad begging to be used I am a pc gamer who owned a ps3 and never played it . I now have a wii u and love the game play on the pad. Why don't they just port over some older games like call of duty or battlefield games or mortal kombat games . Sure games like that have nothing to offer on a ps4 but WE HAVE A Wii PAD and time to kill. I would buy all that old stuff just to play it on my we pad or play with my friends with out a split screen. Nintendo can clean house even if they just port the older top sellers .they my be older games but sure play like new on my wi u . What you you all think

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

I want The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Game Of The Year Edition for Wii U and Borderlands 2 Game Of The Year Edition for Wii U too.

#3 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:38 AM

Here is what I think . We are in a transition phase for gaming .if the ps4 and the new Xbox where out they would be waiting for games just like us on the wii u . Nintendo is making it easy for people to wait and see what the other systems come up with. We have a wii pad begging to be used I am a pc gamer who owned a ps3 and never played it . I now have a wii u and love the game play on the pad. Why don't they just port over some older games like call of duty or battlefield games or mortal kombat games . Sure games like that have nothing to offer on a ps4 but WE HAVE A Wii PAD and time to kill. I would buy all that old stuff just to play it on my we pad or play with my friends with out a split screen. Nintendo can clean house even if they just port the older top sellers .they my be older games but sure play like new on my wi u . What you you all think

This has already been discussed many times before here and in my opinion the answer is no. Your post makes no sense. I disagree. Developers and publishers shouldn't be wasting time and resources on porting old games. That's not why I bought a Wii U. I have a PS3 and 360 and if I want to play those games I can do so on them. Developers and publishers should be focusing on new multi platform games and exclusives.

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'd like some HD editions of older Nintendo games, but it's time for these ports of 3 year old xbox and ps3 games to stop.

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Why they don't port older games? They're actually doing that the whole time. Many of the games for the Wii U had a earlier release on other consoles.

EDIT: By older games, do you mean, much older games, by any chance?

Edited by Alianjaro, 02 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

There are probably older ps3 and 360 titles that could be massively enhanced using the gamepad making the wii u versions much better but its difficult to justify full retail price for updates of old games.

Really the wii u needs original and exclusive games so consumers can justify buying a wii u console. Some people aren't that interested in windwaker hd because they have played it previously. I can understand that a bit but for me windwaker was such an amazing game that it is totally justified. I just hope Nintendo add new sections to the game to make the experience fresh rather than just doing an HD version of the gamecube game.

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I reckon they should remake older games not port them.

And only choice picks at that. Remaking every Nintendo game that ever was is just silly.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, why not.

If they could re-launch old PS2 games as "HD-remasters" i can accept PS3/XBOX 360-re launches on Wii U with (a bit) improved graphics and most of all the Wii U Gamepad-update.

There are tons of great games i would like to see on the Wii U. Both that already has been released on other platforms as well as some that hasnt yet.

Like the Elder Scrolls-games, the entire Mass Effect-trilogy, the Tomb Raider reboot and so on.

#9 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

^^^ How about some Katamari Damacy love for us Wii U owners!!!!!

I was almost certain that a Katamari would eventually come out for Wii just simply based on the motion control scheme. That would fit perfectly for that series.

Now with the added element of the gamepad this could be amazing for the series.

Anyone else think this is good idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!