Photo

I have one question can the graphics of wreck it ralph movie handle Wii u in a g

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

I have no idea what to do for my game engine I am stuck I need the graphics from the movie wreck it ralph in real time gameplay

but to be crystal clear is the Wii u  powerful to use the wreck it ralph movie graphics in Wii u real time gameplay

and please add detail thank you  

89d3ae47dafa7969143d142dc692fe75.png

Yeeeeeaaahhh not going to happen sorry, it would be far to expensive not to mention complex to develop an engine with that capability.

Cars 2 had a lot going on at once, especially during those races in Japan when the group was huge, that would have taken forever :P

It could be possible to get one that looks close in comparison to Wreck-It-Ralph but you won't get that detail that you desire.

So really to answer your question, no.......no it won't.

Edited by AndyG, 01 April 2013 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#22 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

Well I've had my laugh for the day.

#23 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

It varies by movie but most Pixar movies are done at 2k at the most.  The most recent Dark Knight movie was done at 8k.  Most pure CGI films are actually rendered at a lower resolution then uprezzed to the release resolutions when output to film.  The home movie adaptation is a conversion back to digital from film.

All film CG is rendered at 2k (or higher) and reformatted from there. Nothing is ever "uprezzed".

#24 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

All film CG is rendered at 2k (or higher) and reformatted from there. Nothing is ever "uprezzed".

Actually 2K is the industry standard "max" for all CG, some is rendered at a lower resolution to save time, and yes, some of it is uprezzed.  The only scenes rendered at higher than 2K are those that require much more minute detail that needs to come through to the final version.

Also, turns out Dark Knight wasn't rendered at 8k.  They wanted to, but never did it.  They did one scene specifically for the IMAX release at 5.6k but the rest of the movie was done at 2K and up rezzed to the IMAX resolution, like all other IMAX releases.

Also, art direction plays a big part in how high the resolution is when they go to render. 

#25 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

I've yet to hear of a theatrical CGI animated movie uprezzing their output. What's the point of making the movie look worse to save render time?

Portions of the Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises were shot and rendered at 4K by Double Negative for IMAX.

Not really, usually it's simply a matter of matching whatever your output format is.

Actually 2K is the industry standard "max" for all CG, some is rendered at a lower resolution to save time, and yes, some of it is uprezzed. The only scenes rendered at higher than 2K are those that require much more minute detail that needs to come through to the final version.

I've yet to hear of a theatrical CGI animated movie uprezzing their output. What's the point of making the movie look worse to save render time?

Also, turns out Dark Knight wasn't rendered at 8k. They wanted to, but never did it. They did one scene specifically for the IMAX release at 5.6k but the rest of the movie was done at 2K and up rezzed to the IMAX resolution, like all other IMAX releases.

Portions of the Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises were shot and rendered at 8K by Double Negative for IMAX.

Also, art direction plays a big part in how high the resolution is when they go to render.

Not really, usually it's simply a matter of matching whatever your output format is.

Edited by Chaz, 02 April 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#26 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Portions of the Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises were shot and rendered at 8K by Double Negative for IMAX.

Ahh ok, so the rest of the IMAX shots were at 5.6k. At any rate, on topic, it isn't possible in real time, and as was stated, today's graphics technology can't render toy story, the first CG feature film, in real time.  It can get a decent approximation of it, but it can't touch the amount of detail that can be implemented when you are able to do multiple long renders per frame.

#27 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have no idea what to do for my game engine I am stuck I need the graphics from the movie wreck it ralph in real time gameplay

but to be crystal clear is the Wii u  powerful to use the wreck it ralph movie graphics in Wii u real time gameplay

and please add detail thank you  

The wii u can't do those graphics in real time, nothing on the planet can right now. The console may be able to do graphics LIKE that, probably a slight difference to the naked eye. It can only handle 720 to 1080p though and most movies are in 2k+. This is just my opinion, so don't hate on me if I'm wrong lol.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!