• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

After 20 minutes of playing this game I am not very impressed.

The textures look like gamecube/World of warcraft quality.

Feel free to tell me my opinions are wrong and that graphics don't matter.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

It can't be blamed. The game is supposed to be a asset equal port of the 3DS version, allowing the connectivity between both versions.

Bluntly put, the 3DS version of the game held the Wii U version back. And probably for no good reason, it more or less shows how lazy Capcom is.

Back to the topic, I understand how important graphics are. You really don't want to get anything too sub par for anything anymore. What I don't understand is how you wish to make it out that the graphics are the only thing leading to your disappointment. Surely there are other things making you twitch away from it? Are you really going to land yourself in the firing line of online users because of a singular reason? You've been here long enough, you know what this community is like. It's not the first topic regarding disappointment towards MH3U's graphics.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Well I did not understand it was a 3ds port.

This is good new for me, i am still excited about what the Wii u can do graphically i just hope we don't have to wait too much longer for nice, sleek looking games.

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just an upscaled Wii game with added features?

Posted Image

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

You guys should read the other mh thread, everything is explained there. I am new to the series. The gfx dissappoint but the monsters are cool. I am really addicted, took me an 8 hours to get sucked in. In 28 minutes you feel the same as I did. Keep going, you wil start to like it very soon.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#6 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

You guys should read the other mh thread, everything is explained there. I am new to the series. The gfx dissappoint but the monsters are cool. I am really addicted, took me an 8 hours to get sucked in. In 28 minutes you feel the same as I did. Keep going, you wil start to like it very soon.

Exactly what this guy says for me, i've never played a MH game before but i'm loving it so far even though i'm not that far in, it doesn't hold your hand too much and it looks like theres a ton of depth to it which i've not even scratched the surface of.

I know what you mean about the gfx but they're not horrendous and they don't affect how the game plays so see beyond them and enjoy!

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

It's an upscaled Wii game with extra features and monsters as Dragon said, I ordered it Friday, I should get it soon, I can't wait, acept it for the awesome game it is, graphics arn't everything.

#8 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

after you kill your first big monster youll be hooked

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#9 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

I did, I have played a couple of hours now.. maybe i am not interested because i have been playing old games for the past couple of years. I never owned a Wii or Xbox so i am just ready for somthing new and shiny.

Sadly this game is not for me, I will return it and pick up Nba2K13 or Mass effect 3.. or maybe even Need for Speed.

Having lot's of fun with LegoCity though!

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I did, I have played a couple of hours now.. maybe i am not interested because i have been playing old games for the past couple of years. I never owned a Wii or Xbox so i am just ready for somthing new and shiny.

Sadly this game is not for me, I will return it and pick up Nba2K13 or Mass effect 3.. or maybe even Need for Speed.
Having lot's of fun with LegoCity though!

Did you not try the demo before you bought the game ?

#11 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:15 AM

It is an upscaled Wii game so the textures might look a little... crappy. The more you go into the game, the more you'll be hooked. Keep on playing, you'll like it.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#12 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

its not a wii game. Tri was the wii game.

Its a 3ds game.

Monster hunter is a portable series now. They just release hd versions for people who want to play on a tv.

See portable 3rd for ps3 Its a psp port of the wii game, on ps3 in hd, and much, much, worse looking.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Are you European or American?
I'd take it off your hands if you're desperate to get rid of the last gen old pile of disgusting game if it's the EU version.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

It can't be blamed. The game is supposed to be a asset equal port of the 3DS version, allowing the connectivity between both versions.

Bluntly put, the 3DS version of the game held the Wii U version back. And probably for no good reason, it more or less shows how lazy Capcom is.

Back to the topic, I understand how important graphics are. You really don't want to get anything too sub par for anything anymore. What I don't understand is how you wish to make it out that the graphics are the only thing leading to your disappointment. Surely there are other things making you twitch away from it? Are you really going to land yourself in the firing line of online users because of a singular reason? You've been here long enough, you know what this community is like. It's not the first topic regarding disappointment towards MH3U's graphics.

Honestly the guy could have just watch a video walk-through and made his mind up from that. 

#15 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

this game makes sense on 3ds i played the demo on both and on wii u it's just a really lazily done port much better on 3ds if you've got one.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#16 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

After 20 minutes of playing this game I am not very impressed.

The textures look like gamecube/World of warcraft quality.

Feel free to tell me my opinions are wrong and that graphics don't matter.

Opinions are not wrong, and graphics do matter, but aren't you actually giving too much importance to graphics? I don't know, just by the way you said it...

I'm not going to be critical about the game because, as many of you already know, I'm a total fanboy of the series.

Posted Image

#17 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

I traded my copy in for Super Mario U.. it's quiet fun.

Was going to get Mass effect but i was $4 short.

#18 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:53 AM

I traded my copy in for Super Mario U.. it's quiet fun.

Was going to get Mass effect but i was $4 short.

Mass Effect 3 is good, but I think you will enjoy and get more hours out of Super Mario U. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!