• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Because they made the GameCube more powerfull then the Ps2 and slightly under the Xbox. The problem with the GameCube was not the games though, it was the way it looked (Lunchbox) and awful marketing.

It's sad that such a great system sold so poorly and maybe now we are paying the price for it.

I would much rather pay a extra $200/250 for a machine that is slightly under the next Xbox, then have a machine that's life is cut short a couple of years because games cannot be ported over due to limitations of hardware, 3rd partys not wanting to attempt it's 'lower' hardware, and general crap on the internet about how underpowered it is.

I don't want to have to go to Sony or Microsoft for 3rd party games is what I am saying. We all know Nintendo is about innovation, but who's too say you can have that AND a powerful system.

I want another GameCube, just don't make it look like a lunchbox and it will sell!

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

POPULAR

NOT ANOTHER ONE OF THESE DAMN POSTS I FEEL LIKE I'M LOSING MY MIND ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:33 AM

Because they made the GameCube more powerfull then the Ps2 and slightly under the Xbox. The problem with the GameCube was not the games though, it was the way it looked (Lunchbox) and awful marketing.

It's sad that such a great system sold so poorly and maybe now we are paying the price for it.

I would much rather pay a extra $200/250 for a machine that is slightly under the next Xbox, then have a machine that's life is cut short a couple of years because games cannot be ported over due to limitations of hardware, 3rd partys not wanting to attempt it's 'lower' hardware, and general crap on the internet about how underpowered it is.

I don't want to have to go to Sony or Microsoft for 3rd party games is what I am saying. We all know Nintendo is about innovation, but who's too say you can have that AND a powerful system.

I want another GameCube, just don't make it look like a lunchbox and it will sell!

I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't afraid to do it, but they see no merit in doing it. The Wii may be the weakest of its generation, but I've gotten more enjoyment from the great games it did get over the 360 by a long shot. They don't make an uber powerful console, because they don't want to. All the graphics in the world can't save you from having meh games. 

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm pretty sure Nintendo isn't afraid to do it, but they see no merit in doing it. The Wii may be the weakest of its generation, but I've gotten more enjoyment from the great games it did get over the 360 by a long shot. They don't make an uber powerful console, because they don't want to. All the graphics in the world can't save you from having meh games. 

I know, but would you Not buy it if it was more powerful? I think at this point people will buy it because it has the 'Nintendo' tag on it. I'd love to see a truly next gen Metroid in full 1080p.. I was so blown away by metroid prime, i just want to re-live that feeling.

#5 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

The Gamecube was powerful than the PS2 but was weaker than the Xbox. 

#6 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

Nintendo rarely sells hardware at a loss because it's much riskier for them compared to Microsoft or Sony, who have other businesses that can absorb the loss. 

#7 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

I know, but would you Not buy it if it was more powerful? I think at this point people will buy it because it has the 'Nintendo' tag on it. I'd love to see a truly next gen Metroid in full 1080p.. I was so blown away by metroid prime, i just want to re-live that feeling.

Not saying I wouldn't. I love first party Nintendo games, so I would buy it regardless. I spend more time playing classic systems than modern. Graphics don't rightly matter to me. 

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#8 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I wish they made powerful consoles too but the reason they are not that powerful is because they wanted to make them cheap. Having a GamePad and a PS4/Xbox 720 would be very expensive.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#9 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'm sorry but the GameCube's "lunch box" design was beautiful.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#10 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:23 AM

Says the GameCube :P

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:54 AM

No it wasn't. It was ugly as he'll and looked like a Fisher Price toy. Nintendo should have done a lot better with the design and build quality.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

The Wii U will be "slightly" below the next xbox when referring to overall performance.  The real question is why does it matter to you so much what Nintendo do with their consoles or their games?  Why is it so important that Nintendo come out with the most powerful console?  It isn't important to them, because they are going to make great looking games whether they are the graphics king or not.

No it wasn't. It was ugly as he'll and looked like a Fisher Price toy. Nintendo should have done a lot better with the design and build quality.

The purple one did, but the other colors look great.  It was an attempt to attract GameBoy users to a home console, hence the GBA connection, the purple color, the "Gamexxxx" name.

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

The Wii U will be "slightly" below the next xbox when referring to overall performance.  The real question is why does it matter to you so much what Nintendo do with their consoles or their games?  Why is it so important that Nintendo come out with the most powerful console?  It isn't important to them, because they are going to make great looking games whether they are the graphics king or not.
The purple one did, but the other colors look great.  It was an attempt to attract GameBoy users to a home console, hence the GBA connection, the purple color, the "Gamexxxx" name.

The only ones that possilbly didn't look like Fisher Price toys were the black and silver both of which I have. In any case the design was still ugly as he'll in my opinion.

#14 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

I think the OP's point here is that if the Wii U is the weakest console, it won't get many 3rd party games. While I agree that a lack of power often deters developers, I think we'll have some amazing 1st party games soon enough.

Another thing I'd like to say is that the Wii U isn't weak in the slightest. Now, I've never really played on an Xbox 360 or PS3 before. Nor have I played any games on a high-end gaming PC. But I was amazed at how good Nintendo Land looked. Just think. If that's how good a release title looks, how amazing are Wii U games a year or so down the road gonna look? :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#15 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

<--------

Edited by Gaymer, 02 April 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

The only ones that possilbly didn't look like Fisher Price toys were the black and silver both of which I have. In any case the design was still ugly as he'll in my opinion.

I thought the same thing when I was watching the Space World reveal way back when, I saw them carry out the purple box and I was like "What the fork? Seriously Nintendo?"

#17 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

I could have sworn the biggest complaint about the GameCube was the disks. Are we now rewriting history to make it the design of the console itself? A lunchbox? What?

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

I could have sworn the biggest complaint about the GameCube was the disks. Are we now rewriting history to make it the design of the console itself? A lunchbox? What?

The problem the third parties had was the discs, but it never stopped them from writing software for it, many Gamecube versions of third party games were cut down on the Gamecube and the size of the disc was cited as the reason at the time.

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

Because they made the GameCube more powerfull then the Ps2 and slightly under the Xbox. The problem with the GameCube was not the games though, it was the way it looked (Lunchbox) and awful marketing.

How about paying 349.99 for s console slightly under powered then the other consoles? Kinda like what is happening ...
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

I really liked the look of the Gamecube but the Panasonic Q dvd playing version was more stylish.

PanasonicQ.jpg

I think Nintendo would have been better to have designed the wii u to be more powerful sacrificing wii compatibility if they had to. What's done is done though. Probably another 5 years plus before we see the next Nintendo home console so the wii u will have to do for now. It's a huge power increase over wii and fully capable of delivering some truly terrifc games especially with all the extra features that the gamepad adds. Great times ahead I'm sure just disappointing that the wii u will be left behind with regard multi-format titles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!