Photo

We know western companies show no interest in Wii U, count on Japan & Ubisoft.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Lets just face it at this point, western developers don't have any interest in making Wii U games or ports, or want to do it but their biased publishers don't want any part of it. They either apologizing saying they are not interested, or just flat out insult its hardware calling it last gen trying to win over the Sony & Microsoft's fans.

Lets all just focus on Japan devs and Ubisoft, least they come out and say they can run their games on Wii U and are really interested.

Capcom dramatically changed, they are not the same money grubbing people like they were for the past 2 years, once they showed interest with Nintendo's Wii U & 3DS they just, y'know, became a game company again.

Ubisoft is pretty much returning the favor for all those millions of copys of Just Dance on Wii that sold millions and millions of copys world wide compared to the Ps3 & 360 versions.

So lets do what we can to show these guys we do care about Wii U like they are.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I will say this, I don't particularly like Ubisoft, but I will say they have been doing the Wii U justice. Looking forward to Assassin's Creed 4.

#3 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, there are quite a few games I'm looking forward to. Pikmin 3, new 3D Mario, MK, Yoshi, etc. This years E3 is gonna be great. I'm more than willing to wait for a great quality game from Nintendo. Besides, I have to, you know, manage real life first before I can even play games.

#4 Kreuger

Kreuger

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • NNID:Kampen
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Zelda Metroid Battlefield

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

I said to myself that i will support Ubisoft at my Wii U. If they come up with some intresting game!

I saw that i already had 3 games from them so far. ZombiU, Assassins Creed and Rabbids.(Those rabbids, i always loved. Like the devs been on drugs creating the games)

I have already booked the next Assassins Creed for my Wii U. And i guess that i will continue to buy games from Ubisoft

Edited by Kreuger, 02 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#5 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I'm just going to ask the question, WHY IS EVERYONE SO SURPRISED!! Nintendo isn't about 3rd party support, it's about their unbeatable exclusives that never dissapoint. Nintendo hasn't had 3rd party support sinces SNES. Wii u wasn't going to change that. Those who thought it would were miserably fooled.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#6 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

5 months from now we'll be rolling in games, this is exactly like the 3ds launch maybe not even as bad

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#7 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

if good games come i will buy them if not i won't i'm not prepared to just buy games for the sake of saving nintendo screw that.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#8 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

I'll probably get Resident Evil: Revelations on Wii U instead of PS3 for this reason.  Heck, at Amazon the pre-order is even $10 less than for the other systems...

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#9 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

if good games come i will buy them if not i won't i'm not prepared to just buy games for the sake of saving nintendo screw that.

Yep, pretty much.  It wouldn't serve to anyway.

#10 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Im hoping we'll see Capcom's "Panta Rhei" engine on Wii U.

Spoiler

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm loving the support from Ubisoft at the moment, I loved AC3 and ZombiU, I can't wait for AC4 and Watch_Dogs, and I'm still hoping they give us a port of Farcry 3 that game looks awesome, bring on the games Ubi!

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm just going to ask the question, WHY IS EVERYONE SO SURPRISED!! Nintendo isn't about 3rd party support, it's about their unbeatable exclusives that never dissapoint. Nintendo hasn't had 3rd party support sinces SNES. Wii u wasn't going to change that. Those who thought it would were miserably fooled.

I disagree. They have had third party support all the way up to the Wii. That said their decent third party support was last seen on the GameCube. On the Wii whilst there were a handful of gems most of it was shovelware aimed at the casual and non gamer market which was primarily Nintendo's doing anyway. The Wii U deserves far better third party support then it has been getting so far but again that is to an extent Nintendo's doing.

We also can't rely solely on Japanese third party support and Western support is also needed. As for Ubisoft they are hardly one of the saviours of the Wii U. The stunt they pulled with Rayman Legends is unacceptable and unforgiveable.

#13 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

Support from Capcom, Namco, and Square Enix is far more important to me than support from Take Two, EA, or Activision.

I would be a lot more excited if a remake of FFVI was announced for the Wii U, or if the next Resident Evil or Tekken game comes to the console, than a new GTA or Bioshock being announced for it.

But that's just me, I can see why others would want western third party games to be brought to the Wii U.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Support from Capcom, Namco, and Square Enix is far more important to me than support from Take Two, EA, or Activision.
I would be a lot more excited if a remake of FFVI was announced for the Wii U, or if the next Resident Evil or Tekken game comes to the console, than a new GTA or Bioshock being announced for it.
But that's just me, I can see why others would want western third party games to be brought to the Wii U.

Maybe to you but the general gaming public will be tempted more by the western game franchises and for the Wii U to sell well in the west that's what's needed.

#15 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I disagree. They have had third party support all the way up to the Wii. That said their decent third party support was last seen on the GameCube. On the Wii whilst there were a handful of gems most of it was shovelware aimed at the casual and non gamer market which was primarily Nintendo's doing anyway. The Wii U deserves far better third party support then it has been getting so far but again that is to an extent Nintendo's doing. We also can't rely solely on Japanese third party support and Western support is also needed. As for Ubisoft they are hardly one of the saviours of the Wii U. The stunt they pulled with Rayman Legends is unacceptable and unforgiveable.

im not angry at ubisoft, I was but they are just trying to make money, which isn't greed but business. And lack of 3rd party support started with N64 due to its small cartridge size and its low texture abilities. The GAMECUBE wasn't supported well because of its low capacity mini-discs. And the wii wasn't supported because of its insanely weak power and its gimmicky motion controls that only half worked. The wii u hasn't been supported because of 1.) it's low install base which games can't make money on, not lazy devs, but smart business men who aren't going to put a game on a system that won't sell well and lose money.
2.)it's low specs that are slightly above 7 and 6 year old console from last generation.
Nintendo won't be getting better 3rd party support unless they sell 20 million console this year. But if you bought the wiiu hoping for great support you bought the wrong console, go get a PS4 or Durango. Nintendo is about superior 1st and 2nd party games that kick a**. Also Reggie is a champ and a half.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#16 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

im not angry at ubisoft, I was but they are just trying to make money, which isn't greed but business. And lack of 3rd party support started with N64 due to its small cartridge size and its low texture abilities. The GAMECUBE wasn't supported well because of its low capacity mini-discs. And the wii wasn't supported because of its insanely weak power and its gimmicky motion controls that only half worked. The wii u hasn't been supported because of 1.) it's low install base which games can't make money on, not lazy devs, but smart business men who aren't going to put a game on a system that won't sell well and lose money.
2.)it's low specs that are slightly above 7 and 6 year old console from last generation.
Nintendo won't be getting better 3rd party support unless they sell 20 million console this year. But if you bought the wiiu hoping for great support you bought the wrong console, go get a PS4 or Durango. Nintendo is about superior 1st and 2nd party games that kick a**. Also Reggie is a champ and a half.

The N64 may not have got decent third party support but both the GameCube and Wii did. The N64 was probably the only Nintendo console that didn't until the Wii U.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!