• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

for the love of all that is holy, just don't make a super smash brothers fps or something... *shudder*

although, "BOOM 360 HEADSHOT" from mario would be hilarious

just imagined that on COD =/, Mario would look huge compared to everyone. holding a gun that doesnt quite fit the hand. unless you make him really short.

#42 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

NO, JUST NO, the video games market is too over saturated with fps's, there are way too many, I'd be glad if I never saw one in my life again.

#43 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well Nintendo was supposed to be getting Ghost Recon Online... but so far.

It`s no CoD but it`s a MMO and it`s a 3rdPS.

I have been playing this MMOFPS online called Tribes: Ascend and it`s really fun.
Nintendo should try to get a port of this game or even hire a well known studio to make an exclusive project of the same genre and either use the same model of Tribes (free!) or even sell for a small price on eShop.

Who wouldn`t like to give it a shot if it`s free or cheap?

Would like to see a title of the caliber of Halo on Wii U. I think it could do wonders for Wii U.

#44 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Well Nintendo was supposed to be getting Ghost Recon Online... but so far.

It`s no CoD but it`s a MMO and it`s a 3rdPS.

I have been playing this MMOFPS online called Tribes: Ascend and it`s really fun.
Nintendo should try to get a port of this game or even hire a well known studio to make an exclusive project of the same genre and either use the same model of Tribes (free!) or even sell for a small price on eShop.

Who wouldn`t like to give it a shot if it`s free or cheap?

Would like to see a title of the caliber of Halo on Wii U. I think it could do wonders for Wii U.

Metroid Prime came out around the same time as Halo and was of a higher caliber.

#45 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

All they need is a Metroid reboot or Metroid Prime 4, shove COD style death match modes with customisable power suit with different weapons and upgrades including stealth camo and you could have a TF2 meets COD style online deathmatch mode on our hands which allows the players almost to choose a class (stealth camo would = spy style class in TF2), sprinkle with a ton of other unique and classic online modes  - separate from the single player campaign, make sure the visuals and framerate are of next gen standards and BOOM you have yourself a game that appeals to Metroid fans, FT2 fans and COD fans.

Simple Nintendo - make it happen Retro!

Edited by Penguin101, 17 April 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#46 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:02 AM

Metroid Prime came out around the same time as Halo and was of a higher caliber.

It is. To me the best is the first one. Really good, really atmospheric.

Thing is, people wanted a FPS, not a FPA. And it had multiplayer online which was a new thing and by the looks of it, it was awesome.

To be honest i just don`t see Metroid ever working as a multiplayer online game, unless they start changing some things.

#47 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

DéliopT, on 16 Apr 2013 - 9:02 PM, said:It is. To me the best is the first one. Really good, really atmospheric.Thing is, people wanted a FPS, not a FPA. And it had multiplayer online which was a new thing and by the looks of it, it was awesome.
To be honest i just don`t see Metroid ever working as a multiplayer online game, unless they start changing some things.

Halo didnt go online until halo 2, xbox live wasnt ready yet, so you had to system link. Trust me, i did a loooooooooooot of system linking XD.

And metroid prime hunters was a multiplayer online fps, and it was fantastic.

Edited by 3Dude, 17 April 2013 - 03:29 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#48 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

so bord pf fps but i agree. it would be great to have an exclusive online fps that was made with greatness in mind and not a lazy throw together. aslso agree to a huge exclusive serious rpg. we need more rpgs like final fantasy. i think a french company is making a huge one but i dont think its exclusive.

#49 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

DéliopT, on 16 Apr 2013 - 9:02 PM, said:It is. To me the best is the first one. Really good, really atmospheric.Thing is, people wanted a FPS, not a FPA. And it had multiplayer online which was a new thing and by the looks of it, it was awesome.

Halo didnt go online until halo 2, xbox live wasnt ready yet, so you had to system link. Trust me, i did a loooooooooooot of system linking XD.

I was living in the Barracks when Halo came out, we were running cable out windows and up the sides of the building to do system link.  Good times.

#50 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

Really? I thought Xbox LIVE was there from the start.

I thought of buying Metroid Prime Hunters but then other games kept coming out...

Yes, in terms of multiplayer, they all become the same. But Halo was that thing that everyone knows about and somehow it kept getting bigger and bigger.

#51 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Really? I thought Xbox LIVE was there from the start.

I thought of buying Metroid Prime Hunters but then other games kept coming out...

Yes, in terms of multiplayer, they all become the same. But Halo was that thing that everyone knows about and somehow it kept getting bigger and bigger.

XBOX Live was there, but Halo didn't use it for multiplayer.  Live was very limited at first.

#52 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

XBOX Live was there, but Halo didn't use it for multiplayer.  Live was very limited at first.

Ahh, ok. I get it know, Thanks.

#53 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

The WiiU does need some sort of multiplayer FPS.

#54 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

nintendo multi player fps

goldeneye n64

goldeneye wii

star fox assault

metroid prime 2

metroid prime trilogy

metroid prime hunters

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Turok series

HEXEN n 64

doom n 64

Call of Duty series

perfect dark

007 series

quake 1 & 2

Battlefield 4

medal of honor series

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

Zombiu

starfox games you switch from tps to fps

goldeneye wiiu

Links crossbow you switch from tps to fps

#55 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'm sure there will be. But as a business Nintendo need to expand their genres and attract everyone, where currently I'd say they attract around 60/65% (maybe less) with first and third party IPss they currently have. To really smash the markets, they need to attract the people who think power in consoles matter, which are usually the ones that play mindless games with pretty graphics with new IPs that are so attractive those gamers will not care about the power difference between PS4 and Wii U and throw money at Nintendo.

Although I'm not saying the new IPs need to be mindless, just they need to speak the language COD players speak such as pretty graphics, pew pews, and boom booms.

IMO Zombi U was a great anti-COD first person game, although it was flawed and needs to really up its game for the sequel

I didn't realize CoD had pretty graphics, I mean, if you think brown is pretty, than sure its gorgeous. I would say it has realistic graphics. Although I still get what you are saying.

On topic, I think Nintendo needs to go a year without touching old series, and just make new IPs, including a competitive FPS, maybe a original survival horror, with a pretty, difficult racing game with insane physics!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#56 hangman3745

hangman3745

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

I wouldn't mind the next Metroid being a multiplayer FPS. We don't need any more boring military CoD clones.

#57 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:59 AM

you may just get your wish... wait till E3

Hopefully Retro has the answer.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#58 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I personally cant stand FPS games, however I would love to see Nintendo make their own.

Because if Ninty did it it wouldnt be some generic piece of trash that gets re-skinned every 6 months, It would be quality craftsmanship with a unique twist that would separate it from any other FPS

If I remember correctly Miyamoto said he wanted to make an FPS and when asked about violence in the game said something along the lines of how of course there would have to be some violence but his FPS wouldnt focus on over the top gore but be more along the lines of unique gameplay and how maybe each weaopn would have different effects when used against different weapons 

And if they did that, then I would be really excited

#59 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

*sigh* Another youngster who thinks FPS = hardcore. I wouldn't want Nintendo to build an FPS, the genre has too many entrants as it is. Why anyone thinks the way to beat Microsoft is to come out with another supposed "Halo" killer is beyond me. Sony already did that, with Killzone and Resistance. Neither worked, because Halo is already entrenched, has amazing lore associated with it. No, hardcore is Metroid, it takes patience, skill, and thought to play those games. Nintendo isn't exactly lacking in actual hardcore gaming experiences, the only problem is what people associate with hardcore.

I don't think Nintendo would do an FPS very well, though they could always do it and make me look stupid when I jump all over it.

I'd like to see Nintendo come out with a plot driven game, even a first person one, but not necessarily a shooter.

I think Nintendo needs a Halo killer. But let me explain what I mean and how it should look.

One of the complaints people have with Nintendo is they recycle story lines. They are getting better with this. Zelda had been changing from its basic path - which is good - and the Metroid Prime Trilogy was a step in the right direction. But people don't see past the changes because they are blind. These people with this complaint aren't Nintendo haters. They just grew up with Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong and want something new. Nintendo isn't giving that something new to them, and third parties are scared to do nee things on a Nintendo console.

So yes, Nintendo needs a Halo killer. And by that, I mean a unique, fresh bold story with amazing game play. It needs to bring something new to whatever genre it might be. Like Eternal Darkness with its Sanity Meter. Something no one else has that changes the game play.

Only Nintendo can do this. Everyone else tries but in the end, Nintendo has been in this business longer than anyone and they haven't lost their mojo yet.

And I believe the big man himself, Miyamoto, said he wants to make a FPS. It sounded at the time he has an idea that hasn't been done yet. Wouldn't you pay a billion dollars to see what he has in store for us?

I bet a lot of people would. Halo killer, here we come.

I just hope we get to see this game. Miyamoto is so busy he doesn't have a lot of time. He is trying to teach a new generation of Nintendo developers, which is important. But it doesn't leave him a lot of time.

I've always wanted a Metroid MMOFPS

You'd start off playing as a fairly base Galactic Federation soldier. You get to choose what you look like, what gender etc. with options to expand. You'd be able to pick whatever weapons and abilities you'd want to have and swap them around however you like at safe zones (of course, with limitations for balanced gameplay at any stage).

You can either work alone, clearing out isolated planets and discovering ancient sites and such, or work co-operatively with up to 4 people in a squad, taking on battlefronts in a theatre of war (in which there are other players on your side defending or assaulting with you on the field, you just can't access more squad based options with them).

You need to play both ways to get the full experience. Solo (possibly with Co-op capabilities in some form) nets you access to weaponry, upgrades, facilities for the cause, insight on enemies etc. There'd be a more story-esque line of campaign, unlocking some of the more epic conflicts and planets as you progress, and then some more randomised ones for getting more generic upgrades and more extreme solo adventure. But you are more or less making it so you survive the warfare experience (co-op online) more easily.

There'd be different combat equipment, objective equipment, weaponry, options of assistance to NPC usage (like air strikes or base defense units), shielding, visors, squad equipment and alternate mode upgrades. Communicating effectively with other people either locally or online or a mix of both, is key to being able to successfully hold of onslaughts on home turf or raiding enemy territory, both militant or feral.

I think one of the more cooler aspects would be the alternate mode upgrades. In Metroid titles, Samus would have the Morph Ball, which was unique to her. Alternate mode upgrades are based on characters that have been throughout the series. It'd be like picking a hunter in the DS game's multiplayer essentially, except alongside those you have options for good guys and bad guys alike... you just gotta unlock them (and so Solo is slightly more relevant).

I really don't like the idea of forcing a Gamepad user for this game, but this is simply an option. For a five player squad, someone kinda has to be using it. The second screen gives them a few options. They obtain a Command type role, which means the player using it can issue commands or use abilities that others cannot. Let's say, you gain more points or have greater success for whatever objectives they want secured. They can also issue roles individually to different people. I mean, you can refuse to do them, but following orders means a better payout to you at the end of the day.

Just my idea of what I've wanted from the Metroid franchise. And perhaps if you play long enough, you find out what happened to Samus Aran, Legendary Bounty Hunter, MIA.

I would love to see Retro do that.

ok maybe i should have put my age. Im 30 married with three kids. Owning the nintendo systems since 87 should have given something away. But i get yalls points. Maybe what i should have said is "COMPETITIVE" FPS. And as some of you mentioned not another cod clone either. Doesn't have to be nintendo who makes it just exclusive to our system. It was simply an idea i had not a dying wish or demand. I really just want our system to do well and it was something i thought might help. sorry if i got anyones panties in a ruffle.

No need to apologize man. Your cool. I noticed the date, I was born in 1987 lol. I wish for a good FPS period. I haven't really played a good shooter since Perfect Dark. I didn't care for Halo, and although I enjoyed CoD Black Ops 2, something Unique would be awesome.

Watch Dogs might answer your prayers though. Although I'm not sure its a shooter per say.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#60 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

I think Nintendo needs a Halo killer. But let me explain what I mean and how it should look.

One of the complaints people have with Nintendo is they recycle story lines. They are getting better with this. Zelda had been changing from its basic path - which is good - and the Metroid Prime Trilogy was a step in the right direction. But people don't see past the changes because they are blind. These people with this complaint aren't Nintendo haters. They just grew up with Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong and want something new. Nintendo isn't giving that something new to them, and third parties are scared to do nee things on a Nintendo console.

So yes, Nintendo needs a Halo killer. And by that, I mean a unique, fresh bold story with amazing game play. It needs to bring something new to whatever genre it might be. Like Eternal Darkness with its Sanity Meter. Something no one else has that changes the game play.

Only Nintendo can do this. Everyone else tries but in the end, Nintendo has been in this business longer than anyone and they haven't lost their mojo yet.

And I believe the big man himself, Miyamoto, said he wants to make a FPS. It sounded at the time he has an idea that hasn't been done yet. Wouldn't you pay a billion dollars to see what he has in store for us?

I bet a lot of people would. Halo killer, here we come.

I just hope we get to see this game. Miyamoto is so busy he doesn't have a lot of time. He is trying to teach a new generation of Nintendo developers, which is important. But it doesn't leave him a lot of time.

I would love to see Retro do that.

No need to apologize man. Your cool. I noticed the date, I was born in 1987 lol. I wish for a good FPS period. I haven't really played a good shooter since Perfect Dark. I didn't care for Halo, and although I enjoyed CoD Black Ops 2, something Unique would be awesome.

Watch Dogs might answer your prayers though. Although I'm not sure its a shooter per say.

I'd be completely down for a Miyamoto produced "Halo Killer"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!