Photo

Nintendo Direct brought the big guns on 3DS, but the Wii U......Forgetful?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I know the Direct is a focus on the 3DS and I am SO happy about these 3DS games and releases that are coming, but now I see whiners complaining on youtube about the Wii U, and i kinda agree with them without the "Death to Nintendo!" slogan thing.

what exactly is Nintendo doing with the Wii U? Secretive is all i see from them regarding the Wii U, I mean a teaser would sell Wii U like a hundred thousand units, look at Smash Bros Brawl, everybody was so hyped about it and imminently bought a Wii and it was a teaser trailer. If this is the amount of excitement they did for 3DS today, can the same level be done for the Wii U at E3? I just hope that it wouldn't be the disaster that was last year while pulling the announcement for Retro's new title that everyone was so curious about and had Nintendoland fireworks to end the conference.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 McMurphy

McMurphy

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • NNID:McMurphy
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart, Dragon Quest

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

I have a feeling (which is really nothing more than a hope) that Nintendo will focus more on the Wii U software on the E3 stage. Admittedly, it was disappointing that so much time was spent on upcoming 3DS titles rather than Wii U ones, but I am thrilled to hear more about all the console and services updates. With a library of digital downloads through Wii's virtual consoles, there are some titles sitting on a SD card that I am looking forward to placing on the Wii U's memory with Miiverse support.

gunslinger_nintendowiiu_banner2.png

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

It seems like their strategy now is to go big at E3. BIG big. REALLLLLLY big.

#4 galaga_z

galaga_z

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Anything Mario, Yoshi, Jesus

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Honestly, receiving the details we did about next weeks Wii U update was more than enough for me. How awesome is it going to be to switch over to the Wii menu with the push of a "B" button? I so can't wait. And the fact that the load times are almost cut in half makes me want to sleep with my Wii U under my pillow tonight. Ooooo, Oooooo, and the Nintendo V Console coming next week too? What more could we ask for?

I'm positive the WII U is going ot get all the hype at E3. A couple first party game annmouncements should change everyone's opinion about the Wii U and encourage them to go out and buy one. I bet we see a 50 buck price decrease too. Now the countdown begins! 55 days till E3, guys and gals:)

I almost forgot, PIKMIN!

Yoshi_signature_by_LiftedWing.png

#5 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

POPULAR

Jesus. It's like no one has any patience anymore. This is how it ALWAYS is when you're a first adopter. Anyone whining should've waited until more games released before they caved in and purchased the console early. I can't wait until these complaints are gone by the end of the year. It's sickening. If after a year things don't change, then feel free to say the Wii U is doomed. (Just like the Vita is right now.)

Edited by Gaymer, 17 April 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Dudesorz, like 2 months ago they announced 4 or more quality franchises to be shown in June.

It ain't need to direct.

Meanwhile, 3DS had pokemon, and that was it.

3DS needed more announcements than Wii U.

Wii U needs more games being actually available to purchase and play right now, but they're not magicians, making games takes time.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 GhostDrive

GhostDrive

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

The info we got yesterday was pretty good. At least we finally got the release date of Pikmin even if it is a bit times away. Still though, all this delayed gratification is gonna be awesome once we get the new from E3. I don't think my body will be able to handle it, I might have to go to a hospital.

#8 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

Jesus. It's like no one has any patience anymore. This is how it ALWAYS is when you're a first adopter. Anyone whining should've waited until more games released before they caved in and purchased the console early. I can't wait until these complaints are gone by the end of the year. It's sickening. If after a year things don't change, then feel free to say the Wii U is doomed. (Just like the Vita is right now.)

And to that i`ll add no memory either.

What launch went perfectly with a steady release of games? It`s true that Wii U is probably beating some kind of record but the others weren`t all that better either.

By the looks of it, it seems that Nintendo is preparing something for after E3.

All it`s biggest titles are coming after E3. So my, guess is that soon enough this half year will be a bad memory by year end.

#9 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:56 AM

People are acting as if the 3DS was awesome in the first year when it was nothing. The Wii U has been out for like 6 months. now looking back st 3Ds in 6 months for that we only had Zelda OfT,RE Mercenaries,Pilot Wings,DS Overclocked ,Rayman 3D, and Starfox. Now a good chunk of those were just remakes but with Wii U we have a bunch of ports people might not have played if they never had a 360 or PS3 plus Mario U,Zombie U,Scripplenauts,Monster Hunter,Lego city,Need for Speed,Injustice. Heck the Wii U is doing better then the 3DS was at this time. The 3DS began to get awesome during 2012 and really picked up speed in 2013. Heck the Vita has only just got good and it took a year and 2 months. Plus we have not even had E3 which will give us more games if Reggie's quote is true. 

Posted Image

#10 PixelKnot

PixelKnot

Blooper

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:20 AM

Positive they're saving all the major news for the next 2 months.

#11 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Positive they're saving all the major news for the next 2 months.

Whyyyyyyyyy, url-14.jpeg

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

It seems like their strategy now is to go big at E3. BIG big. REALLLLLLY big.

Maybe even...Big Boss Big, referring to the MiiVerse leak that showed an MGS title coming to the platform, as well as some other stuff.

#13 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

People are acting as if the 3DS was awesome in the first year when it was nothing. The Wii U has been out for like 6 months. now looking back st 3Ds in 6 months for that we only had Zelda OfT,RE Mercenaries,Pilot Wings,DS Overclocked ,Rayman 3D, and Starfox. Now a good chunk of those were just remakes but with Wii U we have a bunch of ports people might not have played if they never had a 360 or PS3 plus Mario U,Zombie U,Scripplenauts,Monster Hunter,Lego city,Need for Speed,Injustice. Heck the Wii U is doing better then the 3DS was at this time. The 3DS began to get awesome during 2012 and really picked up speed in 2013. Heck the Vita has only just got good and it took a year and 2 months. Plus we have not even had E3 which will give us more games if Reggie's quote is true. 

Someone who has an accurate memory that actually goes further back than a year. Congratulations, you just one upped about 50% of the internet. You get a cookie.

But seriously people, use some common sense. The Nintendo Direct that was about the 3DS, that we were told before hand was about the 3DS, had almost 100% 3DS news.....and you're disappointed? 

Remember that awesome Nintendo Direct back in February or so that announced all those awesome new games that no one even knew about that blew your minds? Yeah, see that was for the WiiU. It shouldn't surprise anyone that the 3DS is currently having more games announced for it, it's been out on the market for a longer time. Not to mention it's practically swimming in Japanese developer 3rd party support. Devs, both 1st and 3rd party have had longer time to develop their games. It should come as no surprise that the 3DS, a now well established system, is getting more news than the brand new one.

This is still the Wii U's first year. It's still trying to create an install base which will entice developers and it's trying to get games that will entice buyers. Those two things take some time, and because they both take time Nintendo might not have as much info for the Wii U as they do the 3DS. Plus, the 3DS is making Nintendo money, it's paying their bills, so obviously they're going to highlight what's in store for it. Plus, they've already told everyone when the big Wii U news is coming, E3. That's when we're going to see a new Mario, Mario Kart, and most likely see a whole lot of the other games they've been toting. So have some patience.

pNgecl.gif

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Seeming as these Nintendo Directs have been a bit of a let down on the Wii U side of things I'm hoping for a huge E3 from Nintendo, if not ima punch the nearest person to me.

#15 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Maybe even...Big Boss Big, referring to the MiiVerse leak that showed an MGS title coming to the platform, as well as some other stuff.

Yup, I was referring to that, heh.

That and SSB4, New 3D Mario, Mario Kart, 3rd-party games, Yarn Yoshi, WInd Waker HD, etc.

Edited by Big Boss, 18 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#16 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Just remember, this E3 will probably be the biggest one in years, with Microsoft and Sony both having new consoles coming out this year, so Nintendo will probably want to have their E3 conference show off all the games you can get on the Wii U that is already out that you can't get on either of the upcoming Microsoft and Sony systems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!