Photo

Sega announcing something called Spectrum on June 12th. Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

http://www.seganerds...-sega-spectrum/

Probably could be a new game engine, or a new game. It also could be arcade related.  I doubt it's a console, SEGA doesn't have the money to invest into one, and the idea seems foolish. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

Sega changed, they never really impressed me this gen besides being stupid and suing Level 5. Possibly a game engine for the Sonic games or whatever.

watch the crazy Sonic fans come rolling right in with complaints if its not a Sonic game.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Aughhhhh the suspense!

Signature_DK.png

#4 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

tumblr_m583r9xpsH1r79nqyo1_500.gif

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

Probably phone games or something

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Doesn`t feel like a game teaser... still... really have no idea what it could be.

"A new world of entertainment". During E3? Suspicious...

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

A new application that connects all of your saga games together and you can buy games from it, get achievements for the spectrum account, will be available on phones/tablets, PC and all major consoles. You can share opinion of games (like comments) and reviews of the games, can do all sorts. "A new world of entertainment" its a app that collects all of the games into 1 app. the app is the "World" the entertainment is your games on the app.

Edited by Chrop, 20 April 2013 - 12:06 PM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

what if they ended up releasing the best console ever? hahahahah

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#9 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

I think it'll be some application or something.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#10 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

A new application that connects all of your saga games together and you can buy games from it, get achievements for the spectrum account, will be available on phones/tablets, PC and all major consoles. You can share opinion of games (like comments) and reviews of the games, can do all sorts. "A new world of entertainment" its a app that collects all of the games into 1 app. the app is the "World" the entertainment is your games on the app.

Sega Steam Spectrum

#11 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Sega Steam Spectrum

EA did it, why not sega?

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#12 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Interesting. Most likely a new game engine or series, but the date doesn't rule out a console of sorts. I'm thinking something similar to Steam. Can't remember what that would be called. >_<

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#13 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

My two guesses are;

It's how the Xbox 720 will be branded in Japan or its a new 'Ouya' type console using a android type operating system but a powervr gpu and arm cpu so it can function as;

master system

megadrive

32x

megacd

saturn (ok this one is a stretch but if anyone can write a saturn emulator its Sega)

dreamcast

android game system

new console

plus lots of media playing functionality.

Games will be low cost downloadable versions. There won't be an optical drive built in.

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm going with new arcade hardware or some sort of online system with games and stuff....as much as I'd love a new Sega system....even as a die hard Sega fan I can say Sega now is NOT the same Sega as back in the day and they never will be again.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

It would be soooooooooo coooooool if it was a console, but probably not :(

#16 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Call me an insane fool but this is probably either a system or a merger and heres why.

-If it was a game it wouldn't have got a weird looking logo and codename probably. Plus it has way too much suspense and mystery

-It probably ain't a social network because you have to remember what would it be for? No one can compete with Steam and a social app wouldn't make sense because what would they talk about that is so special? And why would they make something if there already is PSN orXbox Live?

-A groundbreaking accessory wouldn't make sense because of the fact the current console giants already have theirs.

-A merger with Nintendo would seem plausible since they are making three new Sonic games for them alone. Plus their relations are pretty good.

-As for a new system perhaps they see MS and Sony shooting themselves in their feet(And yes it is likely Sony will have used game DRM) giving Sega a good chance to jump in. 

-A system is also possible due to the hip new trend of kickstarters. Plus remember how little money Nintendo had when they entered.

Let the tongue lashing of Rose begin  :P

***Edit***

As for the derpy IOS rumors let me start off by saying Sega is a video game company. They would not drop their gaming priories to work on silly mobile OS based games exclusivley 

Signature_DK.png

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Call me an insane fool but this is probably either a system or a merger and heres why.
-If it was a game it wouldn't have got a weird looking logo and codename probably. Plus it has way too much suspense and mystery
-It probably ain't a social network because you have to remember what would it be for? No one can compete with Steam and a social app wouldn't make sense because what would they talk about that is so special? And why would they make something if there already is PSN orXbox Live?
-A groundbreaking accessory wouldn't make sense because of the fact the current console giants already have theirs.
-A merger with Nintendo would seem plausible since they are making three new Sonic games for them alone. Plus their relations are pretty good.
-As for a new system perhaps they see MS and Sony shooting themselves in their feet(And yes it is likely Sony will have used game DRM) giving Sega a good chance to jump in. 
-A system is also possible due to the hip new trend of kickstarters. Plus remember how little money Nintendo had when they entered.

Let the tongue lashing of Rose begin  :P

***Edit***
As for the derpy IOS rumors let me start off by saying Sega is a video game company. They would not drop their gaming priories to work on silly mobile OS based games exclusivley

If it's a system, they can take my money. As I've probably said a time or two, DreamCast was my favorite console ever.

#18 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Dreamcast reborn? (plz sega?)

#19 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

They would have to be insane to try to get into the console market just as the PS4 and Xbox 1 are coming out

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

They would have to be insane to try to get into the console market just as the PS4 and Xbox 1 are coming out

Yeah, they would have to be the kind of company that would publish Sonic 2006. Oh wait...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!