Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

http://www.gamespot....history-6407468

Lead system architect Mark Cerny declines to give total title count, but says developer familiarity with platform the reason for strong support.

The PlayStation 4 will have the strongest software launch lineup in PlayStation history. That's according to lead system architect Mark Cerny, who told Gamasutra that this is the result of developers being familiar with the system's PC-based architecture.

PS4logo_16122_embed.jpg

"The launch lineup for PlayStation 4--though I unfortunately can't give the title count--is going to be stronger than any prior PlayStation hardware," Cerny said. "And that's a result of that familiarity."

Previously confirmed PS4 launch titles include Killzone: Shadow Fall, Watch Dogs, DriveClub, and Knack.

Sony has confirmed the PS4 will launch this holiday season, but has not announced region-specific availability or pricing for the next-generation platform.

GameStop believes the console will launch worldwide this holiday, while an unconfirmed report suggests two models will be available in November at $430 and $530.

Ho ho! Everybody is being risky in the gaming industry. Somehow I think this is a respond to Microsoft's announcement yesterday. I'm convinced at this point. I'll buy one.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#2 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Not exactly a high bar to set when you look at the lineups of their previous consoles. Still looking forward to PS4 though.

Posted Image

#3 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I think I'll buy a PS4, not at launch though I've already bought 3ds and Wii U at launch and I'm gonna have a lot of games to play

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#4 Blade of Dyna

Blade of Dyna

Spear Guy

• Banned
  • 84 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby and Zelda

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

oh boy Sony is going to have big guns this Christmas i sure hope Mario U and Mario kart U will still be enough to temp people to buy a Wii U over a ps4 this holiday.

#5 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Does this mean they'll have one game that people want?

• Xef likes this
Bring the noise.

#6 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

The problem with this is, will those games actually be GOOD? As of now, I'm still not interested in buying a PS4. But that could change if games I care about start showing up. And unfortunately, aside from LBP, I don't feel like any of Sony's first party offerings are for me.

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Probably will launch with Killzone and Knack and 3rd party games/ports. Meh. 

2lvmghw.png

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'm still not sold on the PS4, it needs games I want, and most games I want are available on PC

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Going by the lineup so far, im staying with my Wii u :) i don't think i will need anymore consoles.

Signature_Fox.png

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I must say PS4 is shaping up very well, it's the first PS Console I've been exited for since PS2, I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out, my Wii U could use a buddy next to him ;)

#11 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

Mike Cerny is the best thing to happen to Sony in a very, very long time. This guy just keeps doing all the right things.

I was so, so done with sony after this gen. So done. But he has swooped in and changed that.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#12 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

I still don't understand the hype. Maybe come E3 I'll find one PS4 game that I want to play, but I doubt I'll see one for at least a year. 

Edited by Penguin101, 25 April 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#13 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

oh boy Sony is going to have big guns this Christmas i sure hope Mario U and Mario kart U will still be enough to temp people to buy a Wii U over a ps4 this holiday.

I'll wait and see. Everyone says their launch is going to be awesome. So far, they haven't proven that to me. I'll believe it when I see it.

However, I am still excited about the PS4. Just like I am for the next box.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#14 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

So, Sony says their launch line up is going to be awesome and this is news how? They're hyping up their next console. 

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!