#1 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

POPULAR

http://vgsales.wikia...i/Playstation_3

According to these numbers, the Wii U is just under where the PS3 was at the same time frame. So, really, they aren't doing bad. Just not Wii like numbers.

Which I didn't expect.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

/Is glad.

#3 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

So the Wii U is like the Omega Ranger, always the underdog but clearly the better ranger? Awesome!

#4 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Some good news after all.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#5 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

So when the PS3 sells bad it's horrible, but when the Wii U sells like this it's just fine?

#6 coolsarahkry

coolsarahkry

Blooper

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Avatar:TLA, Glee

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

So when the PS3 sells bad it's horrible, but when the Wii U sells like this it's just fine?

Our point is the wii U has a chance to be as popular as the PS3.

Posted Imageby cerberuz

#7 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

No ur wrong, look the years... wii U is more...  it starts from quarter 3 2006 and quarter 4 2007 is 3.67m (in 8 months)...  Wii U is in the 5th month!!  and its 4m almost.

Its quarter is 4 months...  but it starts from summer 2006 till march 2007...(2 quarters) Wii U is the half of it and it surpassed it!

Edited by Plutonas, 24 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#8 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Our point is the wii U has a chance to be as popular as the PS3.

Ok. 

But this was a bad launch and I'm disappointed. Barely passing the PS3 isn't that good..

#9 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

it pass xbox360 to... http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360  It pass both competitors, what else u want.  I wonder.... 360 and ps3 was a huge leap over ps1 and xbox... U believe 720 and ps4 will do better?

Edited by Plutonas, 24 April 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#10 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Negative medias strike again...
Posted Image

#11 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ok.

But this was a bad launch and I'm disappointed. Barely passing the PS3 isn't that good..

My point has always been, pretty consistent, that the Wii U is going to be the PS3 of this generation. At least in sells. And if you think the PS3 was a failure, it was far from it.

People say the Wii U sells are horrible. People say the Wii U is doomed. But of it is doomed the PS3 wasn't doomed back then. Sony turned it around. Nintendo can too. And I think they will.

I didn't say the launch was good. It could have and should have been better. I said the Wii U is Just Fine. Just like the PS3 is and was back then Just Fine.

http://vgsales.wikia...i/Playstation_2

And in one years time, the PS2 sold 9 million (just over). That's Nintendo's new goal for this year, and they can meet that. They only need 6 million more and Nintendo has a killer line up all ready. And that's before E3.

So Nintendo is just fine. They have time to turn this around.

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

This is a breath of fresh air, We need more positive threads like this

No more doom and gloom

More threads that look at the silver lining

#13 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

My point has always been, pretty consistent, that the Wii U is going to be the PS3 of this generation. At least in sells. And if you think the PS3 was a failure, it was far from it.

People say the Wii U sells are horrible. People say the Wii U is doomed. But of it is doomed the PS3 wasn't doomed back then. Sony turned it around. Nintendo can too. And I think they will.

I didn't say the launch was good. It could have and should have been better. I said the Wii U is Just Fine. Just like the PS3 is and was back then Just Fine.

http://vgsales.wikia...i/Playstation_2

And in one years time, the PS2 sold 9 million (just over). That's Nintendo's new goal for this year, and they can meet that. They only need 6 million more and Nintendo has a killer line up all ready. And that's before E3.

So Nintendo is just fine. They have time to turn this around.

Do you think the majority of those 9 million sales will be core gamers? Or more families? If families, than it's more like the wii than the PS3. I'm worried that Nintendo will abandon the whole "core gamer" thing and just push wii u fit and other casual games. Maybe incorrectly worried, but still worried. I don't care about total sales, I care if there are good games on the system

#14 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Do you think the majority of those 9 million sales will be core gamers? Or more families? If families, than it's more like the wii than the PS3. I'm worried that Nintendo will abandon the whole "core gamer" thing and just push wii u fit and other casual games. Maybe incorrectly worried, but still worried. I don't care about total sales, I care if there are good games on the system

i can see you worries. with the commercials iv seen, it "seems" like they are still going the family route... they need to advertise mature games instead of the kid friendly ones all the time.

so let me get this straight: the wii u sales are better than the ps3 and 360 at the same point of their time?

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

i can see you worries. with the commercials iv seen, it "seems" like they are still going the family route... they need to advertise mature games instead of the kid friendly ones all the time.

so let me get this straight: the wii u sales are better than the ps3 and 360 at the same point of their time?

NOA has the worst marketing team ever. They need to get fresh and hip. And yes the Wii U is doing fine. :)

Signature_DK.png

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

AWSOME!!! I love my Wii U.

#17 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

First, I said the Wii U will be like the PS3 in terms of sales. Second, after E3 there will be a lot of core Nintendo fans wanting the Wii U. Third, I don't know if families (or causal) gamers know about the Wii U yet.

I am not sure if the Wii U is doing better, but it's around the same in terms of sales. Which means, it's no Wii, but the Wii is like one of the fastest selling consoles of all time. I never expected that type of sells. Maybe dreamed lol but realistically, it wasn't going to happen.

However, the reason the PS3 and the Wii U stopped selling in their first Jan was because of lack of games. And that's Nintendo's fault. And wad Sony's fault. That's why I always say the sells could and should have been better.

But E3 will fix that for us.

This is a breath of fresh air, We need more positive threads like this

No more doom and gloom

More threads that look at the silver lining

Thank you. I am glad I made the post. I almost just added it to the doom and gloom thread. But I figured this should be its own topic and not a reply.

#18 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

So then why does Iwata keep coming out and apologizing all the time?  Why isn't he saying, "A lot of people in the media are asserting that the Wii U is in a bad spot, but our progress is actually comparable to the launches of other popular game consoles"?  If the sales are really nothing to be concerned about, where is the narrative of doom coming from and why does it seem to be accepted by the Nintendo leadership and much of the fan base?

Edited by kokirii, 25 April 2013 - 05:20 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#19 elvisbeck

elvisbeck

Blooper

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • NNID:elvisdavebeck
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

I like the family route, especially if they air ads on channels such as Cartoon Network or Nick. I wonder how the Wii U will fare against the PS4 when that comes out. I like my Wii U, and I'm hoping to use the Chat feature someday.
Hi, I'm Dave. If you wish to add me to your Wii U Friend List, my NNID is elvisdavebeck. Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.YouTube.com/user/elvisbeck., where I play Nintendo games and more.

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

So then why does Iwata keep coming out and apologizing all the time? Why isn't he saying, "A lot of people in the media are asserting that the Wii U is in a bad spot, but our progress is actually comparable to the launches of other popular game consoles"? If the sales are really nothing to be concerned about, where is the narrative of doom coming from and why does it seem to be accepted by the Nintendo leadership and much of the fan base?

Because, as I have said over and over, the launch should have been better. They should of had more games post January 2013. They shouldn't ever have gaps. That's on him.

It's not doom and gloom worthy. But he knows he could have done better and he feels, especially since he promised he learned from the 3DS and the same thing is happening with the Wii U, that he has failed.

But he could have failed in worst areas. If he failed with the Wii U and it sucked, that can't be fixed. Lack of games can be fixed.

In my opinion, the Wii U would have been better if they waited till Holiday 2013. They would have had more games. But oh well, mistake made, move on. They will be fine.

I like the family route, especially if they air ads on channels such as Cartoon Network or Nick. I wonder how the Wii U will fare against the PS4 when that comes out. I like my Wii U, and I'm hoping to use the Chat feature someday.

If they show there big guns and release them this year, they will be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!