Photo

Paradox and Yebis 2 compatible on Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

I found this today and thought this is great;

http://nintendoevery...h-the-hardware/

These are the guys responsible for The Yebis 2 engine which I think was used in the Final Fantasy demo. Call all tekkies to help clarify.

This was done from my phone I'll edit when I get home.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Its important to note, only paradox is a game engin yebis 2 is a post operation effects middleware solution.

The game engine behind agnis philosophy was the luminous engine. Yebis 2 handled its post op effects like camera glares.

Edited by 3Dude, 20 May 2013 - 03:29 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thanks 3Dude.  I looked on youtube and found the video that showed the effects found in the Yebis 2 middleware and thought it was some pretty neat camera glare effects.  I Wonder if there are any games that used the paradox game engine because I haven't seen or think I've seen anything running that egine.  I found a video trailer showing off the engine but I still don't know what to think of it none the less I am glad to see their support with the Wii U.

Here are the links to the videos if anyone wants to see

Yebis 2:

Paradox:

#4 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

I found this today and thought this is great;

http://nintendoevery...h-the-hardware/

These are the guys responsible for The Yebis 2 engine which I think was used in the Final Fantasy demo. Call all tekkies to help clarify.

This was done from my phone I'll edit when I get home.

I liked what the developer said. Some will love it, others will have trouble porting their games. Which, seems to be the case.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#5 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yea, I thought that was a pretty good article, and he points out that the architecture is just a continuation of what Nintendo has done since the Gamecube.  Games have been heavily optimized for the 360 and PS3 for over 6 years now, so even though a console may be moderately more powerful, the optimized 360 code isnt going to run very well on the Wii U with its drastically different architecture.  Nintendo and Retro are either going to prove all the haters right or wrong come E3, we will have a very good indication of what the Wii U can do once they show off their best looking games. 

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Looking forward to the future with my Wii U, can't wait to see what Retro have cooking :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!