Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hello all!  I'm thinking about trying out Pikmin to get a feel for the gameplay before deciding if I want to buy Pikmin 3 later this year.  I have an old Wii that I could play the GC version on, and I could play the Wii version obviously on that or my Wii U.  So which do you all prefer?  The original GC with GC controller, or the "new play control" Wii version that allows use of the Wii remote??  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Get it on Wii that way you can play it on Wii U with Pikmin 3, Wii U can't play GameCube games.

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

The Wii version.

Also. I've heard the Wii version has improved graphics.

#4 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Wii version: it's in Widescreen, has better controls, and lets you go back on days like in Pikmin 3.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#5 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'm always for the were they originated but I'll have to recommend you the Wii version since it has similar controls for pikmin 3 with the Wiiremote & Nunchuck.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I got the wii play controls versions. They're pretty good.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Awesome responses.  Thanks everyone!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#8 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

I got the nintendo selects Pikmin 2! It was only 20 dollars new and it is an awesome game!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#9 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Play it on the Wii

Just because if you do Game Cube then you'll be like "oh man this was so amazing! Now i have to get Pikmin 2 on Gamecube" then you will be highly disappointed that Pikmin 3 doesnt have Game Cube controllers as an option and you'll cry tears of disappointment as you flail your arms above your head.... :P

But if you play it on the Wii you will become numb to the controls and not be disappointed since you never experienced the wonder and glory that is the Game Cube controls
  • Doc likes this

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

You could always buy them for GameCube and then when Pikmin 3 comes out buy an adapter for the gamecube controller that replaces the classic controller attachment.

or just buy the $20 wii version.
  • Doc likes this

#11 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

The Wii controls are much better. Also, I recommend playing Pikmin 1 before playing Pikmin 2. The things they added in Pikmin 2 are great, but they feel very much as an "expansion".

#12 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

wii version. 

only down side(or up side) is the wii version makes bosses and some enemies alot easier to kill because of the wiiremote.

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Play it on the Wii

Just because if you do Game Cube then you'll be like "oh man this was so amazing! Now i have to get Pikmin 2 on Gamecube" then you will be highly disappointed that Pikmin 3 doesnt have Game Cube controllers as an option and you'll cry tears of disappointment as you flail your arms above your head.... :P

But if you play it on the Wii you will become numb to the controls and not be disappointed since you never experienced the wonder and glory that is the Game Cube controls

lol you seem to be the lone defender of the GC controls!

And another general question: about how long are the first two games?  

Edited by kokirii, 20 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#14 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

The Wii version! But of course the Gamecube version has that ''classic'' feel to it, but I have to go with the Wii version because it runs much more smoothly, in quality and controls.

Edited by BKSmash, 21 May 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#15 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

I don't have any version of Pikmin (but I do have Pikmin 2 for Wii), but I can already say that the Wii version is better. More precise controls with Wii Remote aiming, wide screen, better graphics, and there's the option to replay previous days. Great to use if you make a mistake, since the entire game is at a set length. If you don't get all the rocket ship pieces in that time, you have to start the whole thing over.

#16 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

I don't have any version of Pikmin (but I do have Pikmin 2 for Wii), but I can already say that the Wii version is better. More precise controls with Wii Remote aiming, wide screen, better graphics, and there's the option to replay previous days. Great to use if you make a mistake, since the entire game is at a set length. If you don't get all the rocket ship pieces in that time, you have to start the whole thing over.

What??  What is this "set length" thing?? If you don't finish in a certain amount of time you have to start over?? 

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#17 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

What??  What is this "set length" thing?? If you don't finish in a certain amount of time you have to start over??

I don't know for sure. Either you'll get a bad ending at the end of the game, or you'll have to start over. But there is basically a time limit.

#18 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

The game's story involves Captain Olimar crash landing on the Pikmin planet. So all the pieces of his rocket are scattered. But Olimar can't breath the planet's air, only relying on his air tanks from his planet. So that's the explanation behind the time limit. There's 30 days in the game, each lasting about 20 minutes. If you don't collect the 25 out of 30 mandatory ship parts in the 30 days, you'll receive the bad ending. From what I can tell, getting the bad ending means you'll have to restart the game. But this won't be a problem in the Wii version, since you can always go back to a previous day and collect any missing parts.

Edited by Firejonie, 21 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#19 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

probably wii ver.

I have both i got pikmin when it first came out on the gc. Its very fun.

Then when i got the wii i ended up getting the 1 and 2.

So yea get the wii ver since your get use to the controls since pikmin 3 will use the wii mote and nunchuck unless they changed that.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#20 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Ok, time to start looking for a used copy of the Wii version on CL or eBay :)

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!