Photo

EA: Need for Speed: Rivals isn't coming to Wii U because...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

My Nintendo News

EA announced today that it is currently developing a new Need for Speed game which is titled Need for Speed: Rivals. The company has told Eurogamer that the game won’t be coming to the Wii U. EA says that the reason behind this decision is that the impressive Frostbite engine isn’t really set up for Wii U. Need for Speed Rivals will come to current generation platforms on November 19th. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are will be coming sometime later this year.

“Yeah, Frostbite is not really set up for Wii U. I don’t have all the information, so it wouldn’t be right for me to speak about it. Frostbite 3 is a really capable engine, it’s scalable and it gives us a big advantage on the next generation to support the Xbox One and the PS4, but it’s not being developed on the Wii U.”

Oh_Boy_here_we_go_again_413978.jpg

#2 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

It just means they haven't set it up at this point.  They probably never will.

• Xef likes this

#3 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Excuses, excuses.

794144.png?13383682

#4 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Can't really put in words how little I care about this

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

Another EA quote about how they're not making games for the Wii U, how many is that now? 13? EA I THINK WE GET IT! You hate nintendo for slacking you off! But you did deserve it so you know.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:51 AM

And guess what? Even though the Frostbite can on the current gen and somehow not on the Wii U, they claimed that the X1 and PS4 have better graphics THAN THE PC!

http://www.polygon.c...-pc-says-ea-cto

How stupid do you have to be to believe this?

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#7 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Criterion already has experince with Wii U hardware. They already said that they like working with the hardware, so they can make this work.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

Wow, they are the most hypocritic gaming company ever. First they love the Wii U, then they hate it, then they are making games for it after all, and now they're hating it again. Wtf do you want, EA? If freaking CryEngine 3 (which is superior IMO) can run flawlessly on the Wii U, why can't Frostbite 3?

No sig.

#9 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Criterion already has experince with Wii U hardware. They already said that they like working with the hardware, so they can make this work.

Only if Alex Ward is working on the game, which he isn't. He tweeted that he's not involved with the 'Need for Speed' titles anymore.

LordPickleton.png

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Not surprised. Can't wait till this all backfires on them.

#11 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

what's that you don't want our spyware on your console? fine. we won't give you any of our rehashes

• Xef likes this

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Only if Alex Ward is working on the game, which he isn't. He tweeted that he's not involved with the 'Need for Speed' titles anymore.

The guy who made an EA game on the Wii U better than the PS360 versions isn't working on that series anymore? Coincidence? I think NOT! (btw they should make another Incredibles movie)
  • Xef likes this

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

but Criterion use their own proprietary game engine... According to the frothbite guy on twitter reponding to someone who asked why nfs was a competent port.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

NFS MW is a good game on the WiiU, but if this new game is not coming for the WiiU i won't buy it for either my PS4 or X1 depending which i get, because i will have either Forza or GT to play.

#15 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

It just means they haven't set it up at this point. They probably never will.

At least they aren't lying and say its not powerful enough.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#16 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ooooooh EA, you're so darn adorable when you do these kids of things.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Definatly might as well shoot themselves in the head considering how well Most Wanted U was recieved, common sense seems to elude EA quite a bit these days eh?

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

What's with EA's snobbish patriotic act? Seriously, I don't even think this is a case where it was even butthurt to begin with, and that it's simply because it's a Japanese product that they don't want to work on. They'd rather work on the American made Xbox One, and if they bothered to read the flow of gamer interests, they'd realise most of that audience is jumping a massive ship to the one console that they can't be fudged working with.

Look, I don't hate EA like a lot of you seem to. They do a lot of things that piss everyone off but I really don't care. What do I care about is that they do have titles under their name that I can't play on my Wii U because of sheer laziness. And what I REALLY DON'T LIKE is that they farted out alleged close support to the Wii U at the E3 2011 presentation. They aren't following through on that.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:10 AM

What's with EA's snobbish patriotic act? Seriously, I don't even think this is a case where it was even butthurt to begin with, and that it's simply because it's a Japanese product that they don't want to work on. They'd rather work on the American made Xbox One, and if they bothered to read the flow of gamer interests, they'd realise most of that audience is jumping a massive ship to the one console that they can't be fudged working with.

Look, I don't hate EA like a lot of you seem to. They do a lot of things that revel in the beautiful sunshine everyone off but I really don't care. What do I care about is that they do have titles under their name that I can't play on my Wii U because of sheer laziness. And what I REALLY DON'T LIKE is that they farted out alleged close support to the Wii U at the E3 2011 presentation. They aren't following through on that.

The real reason is their games haven't sold well on Wii U. Even Most Wanted hasn't sold more than a million. So making a game for us and they can't afford to waste resources.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

I'm not surprised though. All they've done is release late ports.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!